HDFC Credit Card Confusion

180°
  • 1864
  • 36
  • Last Comment
  • Reasons

    Vote down Reasons

    • Invalid/User Specific Coupon/Deal : 1
Chennai Super Kings
Tanmayyy

I had applied for millenia cc through c2c basis with my icici credit card statement.

I recieved 2 messages a few minutes ago:

Dear Applicant Your HDFC Bank Credit Card App ref no 21J263690XXXXN1 is approved in principle subject to Internal Checks.

The other one:
We have completed processing your HDFCBank CreditCard App 21J263690XXXXXN1. For details please visit http://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/credit_card/cc... after 2 days.


now i went to check the status of the application , and it says Your application is DECLINE.

In the sms it said approved but on site it says declined now I’m confused.




@chipi @guest_999 @getready
Seeking your opinion.

35 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
  • Sort By
Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

approved in principle subject to Internal Checks….
.
Seems during Internal Checks they rejected you… sad

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

My application which was submitted on 22.09.2021 still not processed, after multiple Emails, got a call from local branch representative asking whether i have a bank account with them or not, to which i said no. Thereafter he said, since you are applying under Self employed, we generally don’t provide credit Cards to Non Account holders who are Self employed and asked me to open a bank account with them which i denied saying don’t want to bear the unnecessary burden of MAB as already have two bank accounts with MAB requirements. Then he said, he will look on to whether he can make an exception to this and will let me know. That was yesterday around 3:30 PM, have not received any communication from them since then.

And for your query, the tracking website sometimes show inaccurate status, so my suggestion is to wait for it.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

do you have existing relationship with HDFC?

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Wait for some days, hdfc system is not exactly known for their reliability. Also sometimes they may give you another option of submitting latest salary slip for reviving applications that were declined at later stages.

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied
vijkap201 wrote:

approved in principle subject to Internal Checks….
.
Seems during Internal Checks they rejected you… sad

Maybe , but i don’t see any reason for them to do so

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied
chipi wrote:

My application which was submitted on 22.09.2021 still not processed, after multiple Emails, got a call from local branch representative asking whether i have a bank account with them or not, to which i said no. Thereafter he said, since you are applying under Self employed, we generally don’t provide credit Cards to Non Account holders who are Self employed and asked me to open a bank account with them which i denied saying don’t want to bear the unnecessary burden of MAB as already have two bank accounts with MAB requirements. Then he said, he will look on to whether he can make an exception to this and will let me know. That was yesterday around 3:30 PM, have not received any communication from them since then.

And for your query, the tracking website sometimes show inaccurate status, so my suggestion is to wait for it.

Okay so i should try tracking the application after some days?

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied
Sudarshan61 wrote:

do you have existing relationship with HDFC?

Had a loan from hdfc in 2011-12

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied
guest_999 wrote:

Wait for some days, hdfc system is not exactly known for their reliability. Also sometimes they may give you another option of submitting latest salary slip for reviving applications that were declined at later stages.

Okay , I’ll wait i guess.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

Okay so i should try tracking the application after some days?

Yes, that would be wise.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

ur application is declined… nowadays most of banks use words like approved in principle, citi bank, axis also uses the term but they reject later…

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

Had a loan from hdfc in 2011-12

ok…currently HDFC is approving cards mostly for account holders…
others are just being declined

Delhi Capitals Delhi Capitals
Link Copied
Expand
Sudarshan61 wrote:

ok…currently HDFC is approving cards mostly for account holders…
others are just being declined

Aisa nahi hai , i dont have any hdfc cars yet got regalia recently

Try card to card option

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied
Expand
Sudarshan61 wrote:

ok…currently HDFC is approving cards mostly for account holders…
others are just being declined

You also got declined?

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied
Expand
demerius2020 wrote:

Aisa nahi hai , i dont have any hdfc cars yet got regalia recently

Try card to card option

I applied c2c only

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

You also got declined?

Yes ..a year back ..for which I got offended ..😉
So this time they directly gave me Infinia card.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
demerius2020 wrote:

Aisa nahi hai , i dont have any hdfc cars yet got regalia recently

Try card to card option

Hdfc don’t make cars yet 😉

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied
Expand
Sudarshan61 wrote:

Yes ..a year back ..for which I got offended ..😉
So this time they directly gave me Infinia card.

Did you open a savings account with them in the mean time? I’ve never heard anyone directly get infinia without a prior cc or a big fd with hdfc bank.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

Did you open a savings account with them in the mean time? I’ve never heard anyone directly get infinia without a prior cc or a big fd with hdfc bank.

Yes…after my card rejection last year ..I opened family group account with them.
Two Saving max accounts + One special gold

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Hdfc is so slow these days i applied for a new account one week ago they still haven’t processed my cheque for the initial deposit.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Sudarshan61 wrote:

Yes…after my card rejection last year ..I opened family group account with them.
Two Saving max accounts + One special gold

So how much total amount do you have parked with them, asking because it might help me.
I have 3 lakhs in 2 savings accounts, one of them is preferred account, have regalia credit card as of now.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
demerius2020 wrote:

Aisa nahi hai , i dont have any hdfc cars yet got regalia recently

Try card to card option

How Much limit is required for Regalia on other cc for card to card basis

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Sunny431 wrote:

How Much limit is required for Regalia on other cc for card to card basis

+1. also c2c has to be applied through branch right?

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied
Expand
Guy_Next_Door wrote:

+1. also c2c has to be applied through branch right?

@guest_999 knows some hdfc agents if you want to apply offline. You can ask him for contacts

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
Sunny431 wrote:

How Much limit is required for Regalia on other cc for card to card basis

An agent told me 2 lakh limit is required for getting regalia on card-on-card basis.

Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied

I got credit card from hdfc bank
My credit score is not even generated yet.
I once failed to maintain minimum balance.
But I do lot of transactions using my debit card.
Don’t know how they approved my card
I am just student no income proof submitted

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
sanketpero wrote:

I got credit card from hdfc bank
My credit score is not even generated yet.
I once failed to maintain minimum balance.
But I do lot of transactions using my debit card.
Don’t know how they approved my card
I am just student no income proof submitted

HDFC is aggressively giving credit cards to all of its existing account holder. Just preapproved apply and get it.

Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied
Expand
Sudarshan61 wrote:

HDFC is aggressively giving credit cards to all of its existing account holder. Just preapproved apply and get it.

Do you know what 10x cashback points mean

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
sanketpero wrote:

Do you know what 10x cashback points mean

Instead of regular reward points you get 10x point ..1 normal 9X as bonus

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
sanketpero wrote:

I got credit card from hdfc bank
My credit score is not even generated yet.
I once failed to maintain minimum balance.
But I do lot of transactions using my debit card.
Don’t know how they approved my card
I am just student no income proof submitted

LTF?

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply