HDFC credit card help

256°
Deal Lieutenant
rohan8397

My father is a retired senior citizen with an HDFC savings account in which only his EPS pension is deposited every month. His netbanking is showing offer of Pre approved LTF regalia first card. Any issues with applying for it? I am asking because he is only having a small pension income. And the card will be used by me. My father is never going to use the card.

Please give your valuable suggestions

36 Comments  |  
16 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

There should not be any issues but do take screen shot of the promotion offer on the account in case of disputes later

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Ok thanks.
And in addition to Regalia first, other cards option are EasyEmi card, Diners Clubmiles and Times Platinum.
Regalia first should be the choice, right?

View 3 more replies
Link Copied

Do inform your father as u are taking card in his name…

Link Copied

What is your family/father pension monthly income and expense approximately…? Also I would like to add that if you are using a credit card you have to pay the bill before due date, don’t spend blindly as it will put you in a debt trap, unnecessary purchase should strictly be avoided..if you want credit card only for specific offers the dimers can also help …and you can avoid having it…
Decision is up to you..

Link Copied

I already have ICICI amazon pay and citi rewards. I needed HDFC card for bank specific offers. And my father already has an account there. So, I thought of applying through his account.
His pension is around 1300 Rs.
Have taken approval from him for applying. Even he is asking what is the need of all these cards. smile

View 1 more reply
Link Copied

Thank you @indiansoul @igen @suman1520 @tank_u_m8 Karma given
Now I have decided to go with clubmiles but little hesitant seeing its less acceptability. Let’s see what happens.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Diners is mainly for online offers
Just look for HDFC machine Diners card will work else use Apay/Citi – not a big deal

View 1 more reply
Link Copied

@indiansoul @igen @suman1520 @tank_u_m8
I applied but there is no response even after 9 days have passed. How to track it? Only application id was shown after application.

Link Copied

Use the application id to track your application hdfc website.
Or check in NetBanking if there is any credit card showing in cards section.
Or just call hdfc phonebanking and ask them.
Also when the card will get dispatched you will recieve both an sms and email.

View 1 more reply
Link Copied

You can track your application id… search for link

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Make sure the annual spends on the cards are justifiable by your father’s income. Even if you use the card, your father assumes the payment responsibility and is liable for it. If the spends are more than his income (assuming you are paying the bills), it can be questioned by income tax authorities.. Won’t matter if spends are low.

Link Copied

Great!!

Hdfc usually have txn based promotion (gift voucher based on txns done in a month) for newly issued cards .. not sure about club miles card but do lookout for sms from them so that you don’t miss it if offered

View 7 more replies
Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

For Verbal Confirmation call them they will confirm
For Written confirmation just mail them they will reply over email (will take their own sweet time to reply)
@rohan8397

Link Copied

I called cc. He said that it is not ltf. You have to make it ltf by adding bill to smartpay or doing 4 transactions for three months.
Now I have two doubts:
1. Do all type of transactions qualify for this? Like wallet loading and fuel transactions
2. Does smartpay bill need to be in our name?

Link Copied

Applied for amazonpay ICICI card. Card got rejected.
After 6 months, application was still showing processing.
So called them and told to cancel the application , so as to apply again.
They told by 25 it would be cancelled . But nothing till now. What to do ?

Link Copied

This is Amazon pay ICICI card helpline number: 18001020123.
Try calling on it

Link Copied

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/603513/original/IMG_20200125_232229.jpg?1579974792This was the t&c of credit card offer in NetBanking section.
Any idea about the minimum transaction for the second point?
cc: @indiansoul @tank_u_m8

Link Copied

Don’t know about minimum but try to do it for at least 150 to make you eligible for reward points

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

How much time before due date does Smartpay pay the bills automatically?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Can we stop auto emi conversion of HDFC easyemi card ?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

OP if you don’t mind How old the account is and how much balance your father maintained on that account for pre approved offer?

Link Copied

On the date of applying, it was 10 month old and savings balance was about 1.1 lakh.

replyuser
Click here to reply