Hdfc credit card query.

193°
Hotshot
vkrmjeet

So i got a call from HDFC saying that i am pre approved for HDFC intermiles with 2.75lakh limit , didn’t like the reward structure of that card and it was costly also.
& It is a super premium card according to them. I asked him if he can give me millenia to that he said he can’t gurantee because i am pre approved for that only then i declined

& last week applied for millenia now it is declined today , so my question is they were offering me a super premium card(acc to their website) yet they declined me this.
Any solution?

Expired
36 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

You got HDFC savings account? If you don’t have then some third party agency wouldve called you
Also some of these standalone applications don’t even get to the hard enquiry phase, they simply get declined

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
getready wrote:

You got HDFC savings account? If you don’t have then some third party agency wouldve called you
Also some of these standalone applications don’t even get to the hard enquiry phase, they simply get declined

Yes i have hdfc account with 70k mab.
I had hard enquiry the same day.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
getready wrote:

He must have a savings account otherwise there won’t be a talk for pre-approved sweat_smile

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
prem4998 wrote:

He must have a savings account otherwise there won’t be a talk for pre-approved sweat_smile

yes i have.
he told me variant and limit also , he said “you will get it without any kind of enquiry”.

Link Copied
vkrmjeet wrote:

@prem4998 @getready @kukdookoo please tag dimers who may have knowledge regading it.

They r just selling you a moderate card by saying it’s a premium card. On paper, it comes under premium category but there is nothing on the card. Intermiles is not a premium card(practically). Infinia, Regalia, Millenia and DCB is.

Link Copied
Expand
vkrmjeet wrote:

yes i have.
he told me variant and limit also , he said “you will get it without any kind of enquiry”.

It’s how their system works. Once a card variant is pre-approved, you cannot change the variant unless u can ignore the offer and wait for next offers in coming months.

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied

@prem4998
also should i take it ?https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/760610/medium/Screenshot_2022-04-18-17-31-34-0071312747_EDIT_1.png?1650283353
i am feeling should give a cooloff period to my CIBIL.
9 enquiries in past 6 month and 7 credit accounts added successfully.
feel it is enough for now.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
prem4998 wrote:

Never got calls from PB/BB? Sometimes they talk as if they’re from the bank and that there’s a pre-approved offer

Also, some other third party agencies (approved by bank) also play this pre-approved game

Link Copied
vkrmjeet wrote:

@prem4998
also should i take it ?https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/760610/medium/Screenshot_2022-04-18-17-31-34-0071312747_EDIT_1.png?1650283353

It’s free and approved already so why not give away an enquiry? But if you absolutely do not have any need even in future then it’s your decision. Keep screenshot of all the communications regarding this. On many instances, they started to say it’s a paid card and dimers had to escalate to higher level to get the issue resolved.

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
prem4998 wrote:

They r just selling you a moderate card by saying it’s a premium card. On paper, it comes under premium category but there is nothing on the card. Intermiles is not a premium card(practically). Infinia, Regalia, Millenia and DCB is.

felt the same thing even the spending requirement within 3months was higher for it, it wasn’t worth it at all that’s why declined.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
vkrmjeet wrote:

@prem4998

There was no CIBIL check when I got the league platinum variant (Pre-approved*) but they took a week to approve the card.
Check the app/net banking portal and only apply if there’s clear confirmation of zero joining+annual fres

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
prem4998 wrote:

It’s how their system works. Once a card variant is pre-approved, you cannot change the variant unless u can ignore the offer and wait for next offers in coming months.

Will wait for the Millenia pre approved offer now.

Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

Never got calls from PB/BB? Sometimes they talk as if they’re from the bank and that there’s a pre-approved offer

Also, some other third party agencies (approved by bank) also play this pre-approved game

Yeah, I know but those are fake ones. I just assumed it’s from the bank persons itself because he gave op the exact limit for the card. Those PB guys will simply say we give u high limit 2l 3l like that.

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

There was no CIBIL check when I got the league platinum variant (Pre-approved*) but they took a week to approve the card.
Check the app/net banking portal and only apply if there’s clear confirmation of zero joining+annual fres

okay bro will do the same.
If there will be no cibil enquiry then i don’t see any harm in taking.

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
prem4998 wrote:

It’s free and approved already so why not give away an enquiry? But if you absolutely do not have any need even in future then it’s your decision. Keep screenshot of all the communications regarding this. On many instances, they started to say it’s a paid card and dimers had to escalate to higher level to get the issue resolved.

Then not applying now already have kotak 811 and their offers are same for both dc and cc.
Will wait for few months now to apply anywhere again.

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
prem4998 wrote:

Yeah, I know but those are fake ones. I just assumed it’s from the bank persons itself because he gave op the exact limit for the card. Those PB guys will simply say we give u high limit 2l 3l like that.

i don’t think they were from some agency. He was pretty accurate in all the details.

Link Copied
Expand
vkrmjeet wrote:

i don’t think they were from some agency. He was pretty accurate in all the details.

Yes, agencies won’t give precise information like in your case

Link Copied
Expand
vkrmjeet wrote:

Then not applying now already have kotak 811 and their offers are same for both dc and cc.
Will wait for few months now to apply anywhere again.

Secured vs Unsecured

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
vkrmjeet wrote:

Yes i have hdfc account with 70k mab.
I had hard enquiry the same day.

pre-approved means, there wont be hard enquiry right?

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
prem4998 wrote:

If its the bank, then this pre-approved card should be visible via net banking portal too

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
hari.selio361 wrote:

pre-approved means, there wont be hard enquiry right?

i had pre approved offer of hdfc intermiles.
applied for hdfc millenia myself that’s why hard enquiry.

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
prem4998 wrote:

Secured vs Unsecured

unsecured .

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
vkrmjeet wrote:

@prem4998

same issue with me..

i am also confused as i have multiple enquiries also not sure if there will be any hard enquiry or not..

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

when did you apply..
are you sure there wasn’t any enquiry on cibil or experian..  

i am also confused wheather to apply or not
i have league platinum card showing as lifetime free  

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
BUDHRAJ0 wrote:

when did you apply..
are you sure there wasn’t any enquiry on cibil or experian..  

i am also confused wheather to apply or not
i have league platinum card showing as lifetime free  

Sometime last Nov
Check this thread -> https://ddime.i...zt

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied

Did you get pre-approved emails with amount in emails from the bank

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/760630/original/pre_app.jpg?1650293690

replyuser
Click here to reply