HDFC Credit Cards Query

147°
Entertainer
102
4489
95

So I already have HDFC Diners Premium credit card and now applied for Diners Black. Everything went smoothly but at the last moment I got email saying application is now on hold since I already have existing HDFC card. I called CC and they said that 1 person can hold only 1 card, but the bank manager said that 1 person can have 2 cards.

Any idea how to proceed?

@viveksingh1005472 @A2Zdeals

23 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
  • Sort By
6
6660
90

I don’t think you can apply both ,you need to get it upgraded from premium to dcb

50
399
1

If you already hold Diners premium then the card can only be upgraded. Just send the upgrade request form with all the documents required to chennai if you qualify for diners black and they will happily upgrade it. Just to let you know that Diners Black fee has increased to 10k from 5k.

102
4489
95
watever wrote:

If you already hold Diners premium then the card can only be upgraded. Just send the upgrade request form with all the documents required to chennai if you qualify for diners black and they will happily upgrade it. Just to let you know that Diners Black fee has increased to 10k from 5k.

I dont “qualify” for Black. There was an Alumni offer going on which helped many people get Black card easily. I was trying to use that offer. Direct upgrade via usual route will not work for me.

106
1956
18
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

I dont “qualify” for Black. There was an Alumni offer going on which helped many people get Black card easily. I was trying to use that offer. Direct upgrade via usual route will not work for me.

You cant hold two diners cards at a time only way is to upgrade.

134
642
9
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

I dont “qualify” for Black. There was an Alumni offer going on which helped many people get Black card easily. I was trying to use that offer. Direct upgrade via usual route will not work for me.

Then only option is to cancel the existing card, wait for 3 months and then apply for DCB. However note that this will lead to one CIBIL enquiry.

I would suggest you to talk to Bank and explain your situation and ask for an upgrade of your existing card.

195
3074
42

I Dont know why such suggestions are made ask your RM TO convert your diner card to regalia and In 2 month apply via alumini

Budhe IIT-IIM mhe tha Kay, konsa alumni Bahi ?

102
4489
95
AnnamalaiNryaa wrote:

I Dont know why such suggestions are made ask your RM TO convert your diner card to regalia and In 2 month apply via alumini

Budhe IIT-IIM mhe tha Kay, konsa alumni Bahi ?

No, there the Alumni offer is over now, waiting will not work.

It was for normal colleges also, not just IIT/IIM.

20
960
10

How to transfer credit card money to bank at less than 5%?

50
399
1
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

I dont “qualify” for Black. There was an Alumni offer going on which helped many people get Black card easily. I was trying to use that offer. Direct upgrade via usual route will not work for me.

Then contact your RM and ask him to cancel the existing card and ask him how soon you can apply for the Diners Black under the alumni offer.

50
399
1
AnnamalaiNryaa wrote:

I Dont know why such suggestions are made ask your RM TO convert your diner card to regalia and In 2 month apply via alumini

Budhe IIT-IIM mhe tha Kay, konsa alumni Bahi ?

I think the alumni offer was for new card applications only with relaxed income criteria. So the work around for this was to cancel existing card and apply fresh.

113
2417
46

Exactly in the same boat; I got mail that am applicable for DCB as well as Regalia First. I applied thru the link and was approved conditionally but got mail that I already have a card and I cannot apply for additional card. I have now applied for upgrade through form but have a worry whether they will reduce my credit limit as my existing moneyback card has a limit of 12 Lacs.

0
1411
6
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

No, there the Alumni offer is over now, waiting will not work.

It was for normal colleges also, not just IIT/IIM.

It is not over and being from a premier institute does not guarantee they will give the card. My application was DECLINED even though I have a relationship with bank for 4.5 years and hold a Regalia.

102
4489
95
Expand
pointshunter wrote:

It is not over and being from a premier institute does not guarantee they will give the card. My application was DECLINED even though I have a relationship with bank for 4.5 years and hold a Regalia.

The offer is definitely over. I have 1st hand information from head of branch personnel.

Agree on your 2nd statement.

174
783
23

faced same situation, now will be sending letter to chennai

468
1505
15
cashif wrote:

Exactly in the same boat; I got mail that am applicable for DCB as well as Regalia First. I applied thru the link and was approved conditionally but got mail that I already have a card and I cannot apply for additional card. I have now applied for upgrade through form but have a worry whether they will reduce my credit limit as my existing moneyback card has a limit of 12 Lacs.

Bro, your case seems special.. never heard upgrade options as RegaliaFirst vs. DCB.. you may be eligible for Infinia too..
Hope that you went for DCB ..

your limit should not be reduced when you apply for upgrade..

113
2417
46
Expand
indiansoul wrote:

Bro, your case seems special.. never heard upgrade options as RegaliaFirst vs. DCB.. you may be eligible for Infinia too..
Hope that you went for DCB ..

your limit should not be reduced when you apply for upgrade..

Dont remember 100% but I think I applied for Regalia..

3
1675
9

@rogerthat
I saw that my credit limit overlaps with the cash limit.
What happens if I use some amount of my cash limit online?
Will I be charged for that? I heard that I should not withdraw/use cash with credit card?

Secondly, How much time it takes to apply an add-on -card ? if the add on card holder does not account in the bank?

674
5258
57
InvestPotato wrote:

@rogerthat
I saw that my credit limit overlaps with the cash limit.
What happens if I use some amount of my cash limit online?
Will I be charged for that? I heard that I should not withdraw/use cash with credit card?

Secondly, How much time it takes to apply an add-on -card ? if the add on card holder does not account in the bank?

Never ever withdraw cash using credit card,you will be paying almost 40% annual interest rate from the moment you withdraw cash on entire cash amount.

113
2417
46
Expand
watever wrote:

Which card you got bro?

Unfortunately, declined. Have received letter stating my application as incomplete and to apply again with proper evidence sad

50
399
1
Expand
cashif wrote:

Unfortunately, declined. Have received letter stating my application as incomplete and to apply again with proper evidence sad

proper evidence of what?

113
2417
46
Expand
watever wrote:

proper evidence of what?

I had submitted IT Saral of three years without it’s workings. That may be the reason. Also, did not submit any of the KYC documents since am a customer.

Missing