Hot Deal HDFC debit card charging ₹885 annually, how to change card ?

586°
Deal Cadet
3
616
53

Hi guys,

Recently I opened a new saving account in HDFC, just for online shopping offer (i.e flipkartl/amazon for 10% off). I use this account when there is some offer is going on. I keep limited amount like ₹20k .

Yesterday I saw in statement that they have deducted ₹885 for Visa platinum debit cum ATM card. This is a huge amount, and want to change my platinum card to some cheap card. Can anybody tell me how to change debit card types ????

Also I have checked that there is a cheapest HDFC card is Rupay based which charges ₹150-200 annually. Can I use this RUPAY HDFC card for Flipkart/amazon offer in future or they need only Master/Visa types ? Plz clear my all doubts.

42 Comments  |  
26 Dimers
  • Sort By
128
318
3
Expand
schumacher wrote:

Hdfc is the worst in this regard. Unlike sbi and ICICI, you cannot upgrade account type online. Have to visit branch.

Really?
Can one upgrade/downgrade icici account through netbanking?

156
826
31
Expand
Dev-m wrote:

Really?
Can one upgrade/downgrade icici account through netbanking?

Upgrade-yes , downgrade not sure

3
616
53
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

All HDFC Flipkart/Amazon offer valid on HDFC RuPay debit cards too.

HDFC also launch 2 new Higher variant of RuPay debit card for Premium customers.

only SBI bank excludes RuPay card offers.

hey man, are you sure Flipkart/Amazon accept rupay card ? I am going to change it soon… Just confirm me once…

80
11486
156
Expand
kool wrote:

hey man, are you sure Flipkart/Amazon accept rupay card ? I am going to change it soon… Just confirm me once…

yes, Flipkart/Amazon accept RuPay card since 2015.

100
151
1

Anybody who opened account got times point debit card?

100
151
1

My account was opened under Digi save youth account and she said that I will not be charged for debit card. Though, I checked the fees of times point debit card and it was 650+gst

52
190
8

I newly opened icici savings account & I don’t want icici debit card as i have icici credit card!!! Can we skip!!! Is it must ??? But problm is its dispatched !! Now what ??

100
318
4
baaz4u2007 wrote:

I newly opened icici savings account & I don’t want icici debit card as i have icici credit card!!! Can we skip!!! Is it must ??? But problm is its dispatched !! Now what ??

Use for a year then block the card. But you can’t use NetBanking without debit card.

102
390
14
Expand
Joe-Biden wrote:

Use for a year then block the card. But you can’t use NetBanking without debit card.

I have been using HDFC netbanking without debit card

50
20
0

Hey @aashish1593 can you share the original screenshot. I show it to bank employee for refund they want to see the original screenshot.

1,035
9175
41

How to contact HDFC CC for fee query? On calling customer care they say only emergency services due to Covid.

106
184
12
cadence wrote:

How to contact HDFC CC for fee query? On calling customer care they say only emergency services due to Covid.

Call concierge helpline. Ask a silly question about concierge service, then quickly ask your query !

Missing