HDFC Ergo Optima Restore Premium Increased

36°
Deal Cadet
pkgin2002

Received communication and renewal notice from HDFC ERGO about increased premium of Optima Restore policy. There is a big increase in premium and in the renewal notice they themselves are rcommending another plan my Optima Secure. Seems they don’t want to continue the plan and forcing policy holders to switch to other plans. Note that Optima Restore was from Apollo Munich. My 2 years premium was 47k and now have received 62k for same base cover. They have not even added bonus cover for no claim for last two years.

Has anyone switched to other plans or continued? Please suggest.

Expiring In 13 days
7 Comments  |  
4 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

@drjpatwa

Note that Optima Restore was from Apollo Munich. My 2 years premium was 47k and now have received 62k for same base cover.

Sir how much increase in percentage terms is for premiums?

They have not even added bonus cover for no claim for last two years.

How is this possible?

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied
kukdookoo wrote:

@drjpatwa

Note that Optima Restore was from Apollo Munich. My 2 years premium was 47k and now have received 62k for same base cover.

Sir how much increase in percentage terms is for premiums?

They have not even added bonus cover for no claim for last two years.

How is this possible?

Premium hike varies as per age. Like For younger population last year premium was 11.7k, while this time around 14k. For higher age population difference is more that’s what i heard from hdfc…

Also heard same thing from them that they want to popularize new secure plan. This premium hike might do the same…

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
drjpatwa wrote:

Premium hike varies as per age. Like For younger population last year premium was 11.7k, while this time around 14k. For higher age population difference is more that’s what i heard from hdfc…

Also heard same thing from them that they want to popularize new secure plan. This premium hike might do the same…

What are the significant differences between the two? Restore Vs Secure

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
pkgin2002 wrote:

What are the significant differences between the two? Restore Vs Secure

Looked at some videos about this. Secure does have some benefits over Restore but premium difference is also high.
As I already have 2 non claim years so SI is already doubled in restore which is major benefit on secure from day 1 but now doesn’t affect much.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Someone suggested me to switch to Max Bupa (Niva) Reassure policy from HDFC Ergo Restore. The premium is really low with almost same features. Although I saw some concerns on claim settlement.

Any suggestion?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Bajaj allianz hiked from 12.5k to 39k

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
EkdamSastaRaju wrote:

Bajaj allianz hiked from 12.5k to 39k

oh my god. thats too steep

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply