hdfc Smartbuy query

116°
  • Last Comment
  • Reasons

Vote down Reasons

• Invalid/User Specific Coupon/Deal : 1
Chennai Super Kings
Tanmayyy

So I’m new to hdfc ccs. Recently got a millenia cc(the new variant) and I’m confused about the reward rate and limit on it.
So i get that i can get 5% smartbuy cashback and 1% cashpoints on buying amazon gv from gyftr through Smartbuy.
It says that we can earn on 1000 cashpoints every month through the millenia cc.
Does that 1000 count smartbuy cashback as well? If i buy 30k amazon gv from smartbuy will i get 300 cashpoints + 1500 Smartbuy cashback or a total of 1000 including cashpoints and Smartbuy cashback.

23 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

You can’t buy more than 10k amazon gv per month from smartbuy
Also be careful while using cc on smartbuy
Use only one smartbuy account otherwise transaction failure issue

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied
Smiling wrote:

And cashback is above reward points

I can’t buy more than 10k?

Link Copied
Smiling wrote:

And cashback is above reward points

So the cashback is not included in the 1k reward points limit?

Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

I can’t buy more than 10k?

Yes max 10k amazon gv per month allowed

Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

So the cashback is not included in the 1k reward points limit?

Sorry i think for millennia no reward points
Only 5% cashback

Link Copied
Expand
Smiling wrote:

Yes max 10k amazon gv per month allowed

cry
Link Copied
Expand
Smiling wrote:

Cashback and reward points both you will get.

So there’s no limit for the cashback right?

Genius Genius
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

So there’s no limit for the cashback right?

Cashback is Smartbuy cashback and max you can earn 1000rs.

Link Copied
Expand
MrFreak wrote:

Cashback is Smartbuy cashback and max you can earn 1000rs.

So 1k reward points per month + 1k cashback per month?

Link Copied

You can calculate on smartbuy gyftr amazon gv page also

Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

So 1k reward points per month + 1k cashback per month?

Only cashback you will get and no reward points

Link Copied
Expand
Smiling wrote:

Only cashback you will get and no reward points

But isn’t millenia having 1% rp on all transactions?

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied

To keep it simple, you’ll get 5% cashback for smartbuy transactions and 1% card points for buying Amazon vouchers from smartbuy. Effectively 6% valueback. 5% smartbuy cashback credited directly to statement but 1% will be credited as card points. Max 1000 smartbuy cashback can be earned in a calendar month.
Cashpoints are different from smartbuy cashback. You get 5% on specific categories mentioned and 1% on all other. Smartbuy is up and above the card points.
For your last point, you cannot buy 30k Amazon vouchers in a single month . Max capping is 10k. However let’s assume you bought 30k vouchers totally, your cashback will be as follows – 1000 smartbuy cashback (max capping reached) & 300 card points.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Did you get the RuPay variant?

Link Copied
Fanil wrote:

To keep it simple, you’ll get 5% cashback for smartbuy transactions and 1% card points for buying Amazon vouchers from smartbuy. Effectively 6% valueback. 5% smartbuy cashback credited directly to statement but 1% will be credited as card points. Max 1000 smartbuy cashback can be earned in a calendar month.
Cashpoints are different from smartbuy cashback. You get 5% on specific categories mentioned and 1% on all other. Smartbuy is up and above the card points.
For your last point, you cannot buy 30k Amazon vouchers in a single month . Max capping is 10k. However let’s assume you bought 30k vouchers totally, your cashback will be as follows – 1000 smartbuy cashback (max capping reached) & 300 card points.

Thanks , i bought 5k gv last month when will i get my cashback. (I wasn’t registered on smartbuy when i made the purchase but i bought through Smartbuy only , will i get cashback?)

Link Copied
DimeDime wrote:

Did you get the RuPay variant?

Visa one

Link Copied
Fanil wrote:

Thanks for detailed explanation. KG+

Please clear my following doubts:-
1) Card points = Rewards points, na?? [mentioned under netbanking > Cards>Enquire>Account information], What is the time limit for getting reward points?

2) Whether we will get 5X Reward points on amazon gift card if purchased via smartbuy outrolink to amazon [i.e. other than smartbuy gyftr option].

3) What is the time limit for getting smartbuy cashback for purchasing vouchers from smartbuy gyftr option.

4) Heard that for transaction done on 29th & 30th reward points & cashback are credited in next month?

P.S. – Showing 312 points under net banking BUT I’m not able to calculate that figure after applying all permutation & combination.
Got millennia cc (new variant) last month first statement is yet to be generated.
Thanks for the post @Tanmayyy VU – I too had the same doubt

Link Copied
Expand
beingsr wrote:

1) Card points = Rewards points, na?? [mentioned under netbanking > Cards>Enquire>Account information], What is the time limit for getting reward points?

2) Whether we will get 5X Reward points on amazon gift card if purchased via smartbuy outrolink to amazon [i.e. other than smartbuy gyftr option].

3) What is the time limit for getting smartbuy cashback for purchasing vouchers from smartbuy gyftr option.

4) Heard that for transaction done on 29th & 30th reward points & cashback are credited in next month?

P.S. – Showing 312 points under net banking BUT I’m not able to calculate that figure after applying all permutation & combination.
Got millennia cc (new variant) last month first statement is yet to be generated.

Yeah I’m also confused as to how to match up the reward points given as per my spends. But I’ve managed to find out that all reward points for transactions done between 1-31 of the month are credited on the 2nd of Next month and reflect in your account on the 3rd.
So for any transactions in November the points will show in your account on 3rd of December and will be redeemable after the generation of statement for the month of December.

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

Thanks , i bought 5k gv last month when will i get my cashback. (I wasn’t registered on smartbuy when i made the purchase but i bought through Smartbuy only , will i get cashback?)

Yes you’ll get since it’s not account that is considered while tracking but it’s the card. Smartbuy cashback shall be credited any day this month (hopefully) or max in 90 days. For card rewards I think it’s credited in the end of the month.

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
beingsr wrote:

1)Yes this is the card points I mentioned.. it gets credited in a month or so
2)No. You’ll not get 5x reward points. Earlier variant used to but after the recent changes its reduced to 1%. Additionally you’ll get 5% cashback credited directly to the statement
3) It says 90 days but for cc they were crediting in a month itself till September. From October there are taking some time but credited within 2 months.
4) not sure about this one

Link Copied
Expand
Fanil wrote:

Yes you’ll get since it’s not account that is considered while tracking but it’s the card. Smartbuy cashback shall be credited any day this month (hopefully) or max in 90 days. For card rewards I think it’s credited in the end of the month.

Ok , thanks bro for the help. Kg

replyuser
Click here to reply