Hot Deal

HDFC Smartbuy Rewards Revised (Terrible news for DCB Holders!)

1253°
Deal Lieutenant
chai_lover


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/737891/medium/20220128_194112.jpg?1643379366

Source: twitter
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKMZv-nVgAIHWtY?for...

Confirmed via HDFC RM as well. Shall be updated on portal soon.

Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
Top Comments
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

Considering a retail spend of 10k on amazon.

5% CB would result in 10k*0.05 = 500 INR statement credit

With the new reward structure, it would yield 10k*4*5/150 = 1333 RPs. 4 RPs for every 150, and 5x is the factor.

In case of regalia 0.2 is the factor for redeeming rewards to statement credit,  so 1,333 gives 266INR if we go for statement credit.

@Pikachu_1

also consider that previously we were getting 1x RP +5% cashback now we get only 5x RP.
so in reality we are getting 4x RP in exchange of 5% cb.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
chai_lover wrote:

are points better or worse than the CB?

For Regalia, 1xRP = 0.93% if redeemed for vouchers; So now previously we used to get 5%CB for redirects like Amazon/Gyftr, but now with newer value it will be 5xRP which translates to 4.65%; Hence it’s a devaluation considering these categories; However if you take different category like Hotel (5% vs 10xRP) or Flipkart (1% vs 3xRP), then it’s an enhancement; but to be honest, most of us use smartbuy mainly for amazon and gytr only, hence it’s a bad news for most of us.
@andromeda @Pikachu_1

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Budhe-Baba wrote:

i knew this was going to happen because i got DCB.

whatever i touch gets devalued. Franklin mutual fund, yes bank, ruchi soya, and now DCB. Every single time. Very strange.

plz touch the current govt😉

148 Comments  |  
51 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

This is too confusing. There are different claims and calculations by dimmers for the same card. And we are discussing multiple cards – DCB, Regalia, Millenia etc.. 


Can you plz look at this deal wiki and provide info in the clear, non ambiguous way? 

https://www.desidime.com/discussions/in-search-...


I will get the wiki updated with this info. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

is this news confirmed as nothing like this on cardexpert

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Dealhunting wrote:

is this news confirmed as nothing like this on cardexpert

not officially confirmed yet.. should get updated on portal by 1st Feb.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

i knew this was going to happen because i got DCB.

whatever i touch gets devalued. Franklin mutual fund, yes bank, ruchi soya, and now DCB. Every single time. Very strange.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Budhe-Baba wrote:

i knew this was going to happen because i got DCB.

whatever i touch gets devalued. Franklin mutual fund, yes bank, ruchi soya, and now DCB. Every single time. Very strange.


Babaji yeh try karo..


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/737959/medium/823522517339524632_c24b1db37c_b.jpg?1643428417

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Budhe-Baba wrote:

i knew this was going to happen because i got DCB.

whatever i touch gets devalued. Franklin mutual fund, yes bank, ruchi soya, and now DCB. Every single time. Very strange.

On a lighter note : Baba next time post what you are buying, so dimers can be careful and avoid joy joy

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Budhe-Baba wrote:

i knew this was going to happen because i got DCB.

whatever i touch gets devalued. Franklin mutual fund, yes bank, ruchi soya, and now DCB. Every single time. Very strange.

plz touch the current govt😉

Critic Critic
Link Copied

What’s the new reward rate for buying Amazon GV if we redeem through Regalia portal?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

if I buy 10k Amazon voucher using my money back card how much cashback will I get?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

damnnn,need to look for other card,DCB is waste now!!

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Rakhi_srikak wrote:

if I buy 10k Amazon voucher using my money back card how much cashback will I get?

500

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
pranavcool wrote:

rip dcb ,so dcb having lower value than diner privilege and regaila 🤣🤣

not true, dcb values each point at 1₹ and others are 0.5₹

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
witty wrote:

not true, dcb values each point at 1₹ and others are 0.5₹

still 5x for at least voucher they shd give diner acceptability is also damm low

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
pranavcool wrote:

still 5x for at least voucher they shd give diner acceptability is also damm low

3x is 10%. Dcb acceptance in tier 1 cities isn’t a problem.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
witty wrote:

3x is 10%. Dcb acceptance in tier 1 cities isn’t a problem.

This 10% is on flights only, which is easily available for 15-25% discount and there are redemption charges. Plus u need to wait for 6-12 months to accumulate enough points, so take into account the interest as well. With all that it will be around 6-7% only when comparing to a cashback card. So, in effect, it is almost same as Millenia (5%+1% cashback).

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Knight11 wrote:

This 10% is on flights only, which is easily available for 15-25% discount and there are redemption charges. Plus u need to wait for 6-12 months to accumulate enough points, so take into account the interest as well. With all that it will be around 6-7% only when comparing to a cashback card. So, in effect, it is almost same as Millenia (5%+1% cashback).

no, flights are 5x which is ~16.5% 

I’m talking about vouchers at 3x which is 10%

But, you’re right, flights at 16.5% isn’t as good as before!




Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
witty wrote:

no, flights are 5x which is ~16.5% 

I’m talking about vouchers at 3x which is 10%

But, you’re right, flights at 16.5% isn’t as good as before!




I meant this 10% is redeemable for flights only. So, it’s value is not equal to cash. But actually just 6-7%.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Budhe-Baba wrote:

i knew this was going to happen because i got DCB.

whatever i touch gets devalued. Franklin mutual fund, yes bank, ruchi soya, and now DCB. Every single time. Very strange.

Let me know whichever shares you’re buying

I will short them on leverage

We can share 50-50 profit haha

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Its 16.5% for flight and convenience fee is only 299 irrespective of passenger. Any other CC giving the same reward

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

If this info turns out to be true then LTF card holders can use other bank cards when the value of reward is more on them. For paid cards they have no choice but to close the card before the renewal time. Rs 11800 for DCB and Rs 14750 for Infinia is too costly with the reduced reward rates

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Budhe-Baba wrote:

i knew this was going to happen because i got DCB.

whatever i touch gets devalued. Franklin mutual fund, yes bank, ruchi soya, and now DCB. Every single time. Very strange.

Plz import something from China and Pakistan 😄

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
jain01010199 wrote:

Let me know whichever shares you’re buying

I will short them on leverage

We can share 50-50 profit haha

Count me in I will buy PE 😄

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Dealhunting wrote:

plz touch the current govt😉

Govt is a majority one. And it is democracy. It will last for full 5 years no matter what 😄

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
rohitkr434887 wrote:

Its 6.5% for flight and convenience fee is only 299 irrespective of passenger. Any other CC giving the same reward

Dont see any point in having any discount on flights. Credit cards will give the discount only on sites where convenience fees are charged. The better deal is to not get any such deal. Go with easemytrip. Always 0 hidden charge, 0 convenience fee. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I am getting millenia upgrade offer from regalia first
should i opt it or wait or other upgrade ?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
bridges wrote:

Dont see any point in having any discount on flights. Credit cards will give the discount only on sites where convenience fees are charged. The better deal is to not get any such deal. Go with easemytrip. Always 0 hidden charge, 0 convenience fee. 

What do you mean? Easemytrip also charges 300 convience fee.

I usually get about 20% discount on flight ticket from one of the several sites pretty much every time.

Current best offer I see is 6% instant discount on MMT+10% cashback on Amazon pay + 5% Amazon gift voucher discount.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I agree now flight offer on DCB is not attractive but still if someone is getting DCB LTF then he can utilize it in 3.3% reward point in offline category and getting Amazon voucher at 10% discount  for utility bills etc. And no other Credit card except infinia is giving this much rewards at present.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
rohitkr434887 wrote:

I agree now flight offer on DCB is not attractive but still if someone is getting DCB LTF then he can utilize it in 3.3% reward point in offline category and getting Amazon voucher at 10% discount  for utility bills etc. And no other Credit card except infinia is giving this much rewards at present.

Correct I also agree in case if it is LTF card… Otherwise better to close the card account

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

why dont u upgrade your diners privilege to infinia. With 9Lakh limit you are within criteria for upgrade.

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply