Hot Deal

HDFC Smartbuy Rewards Revised (Terrible news for DCB Holders!)

1232°
Deal Subedar
chai_lover


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/737891/medium/20220128_194112.jpg?1643379366

Source: twitter
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKMZv-nVgAIHWtY?for...

Confirmed via HDFC RM as well. Shall be updated on portal soon.

Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
148 Comments  |  
51 Dimers
  • Sort By
Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

I’m not able to read anything from the image sunglasses Please share a link.

Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
Smak wrote:

I’m not able to read anything from the image sunglasses Please share a link.

HQ image - 

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/737891/original/20220128_194112.jpg?1643379366

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Great scoop. Now i wont go ahead with the DCB alumni offer. Better apply for infinia

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

rip dcb ,so dcb having lower value than diner privilege and regaila 🤣🤣

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

In case of Regalia, the CB is replaced with X rewards, and furthere some degradation in numbers for certain categories

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
andromeda wrote:

In case of Regalia, the CB is replaced with X rewards, and furthere some degradation in numbers for certain categories

are points better or worse than the CB?

Delhi Capitals Delhi Capitals
Link Copied

So what percentage of cashback will come out for amazon voucher in case of regalia?

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Smak wrote:

I’m not able to read anything from the image sunglasses Please share a link.

Now I’m regretting for asking the link.😈😡

I thought something better, but instead it is devaluation of cards. Now, Millennia is better than Regalia and Privilege Cards, which are better than DCB 😂 Need Puri back, they have made it Halwa-Puri after his departure.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
chai_lover wrote:

are points better or worse than the CB?

For Regalia, 1xRP = 0.93% if redeemed for vouchers; So now previously we used to get 5%CB for redirects like Amazon/Gyftr, but now with newer value it will be 5xRP which translates to 4.65%; Hence it’s a devaluation considering these categories; However if you take different category like Hotel (5% vs 10xRP) or Flipkart (1% vs 3xRP), then it’s an enhancement; but to be honest, most of us use smartbuy mainly for amazon and gytr only, hence it’s a bad news for most of us.
@andromeda @Pikachu_1

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
BlueFlash wrote:

For Regalia, 1xRP = 0.93% if redeemed for vouchers; So now previously we used to get 5%CB for redirects like Amazon/Gyftr, but now with newer value it will be 5xRP which translates to 4.65%; Hence it’s a devaluation considering these categories; However if you take different category like Hotel (5% vs 10xRP) or Flipkart (1% vs 3xRP), then it’s an enhancement; but to be honest, most of us use smartbuy mainly for amazon and gytr only, hence it’s a bad news for most of us.
@andromeda @Pikachu_1

so now even debit cards are better than Reglia for buying gvs 😣

Delhi Capitals Delhi Capitals
Link Copied
Expand
BlueFlash wrote:

For Regalia, 1xRP = 0.93% if redeemed for vouchers; So now previously we used to get 5%CB for redirects like Amazon/Gyftr, but now with newer value it will be 5xRP which translates to 4.65%; Hence it’s a devaluation considering these categories; However if you take different category like Hotel (5% vs 10xRP) or Flipkart (1% vs 3xRP), then it’s an enhancement; but to be honest, most of us use smartbuy mainly for amazon and gytr only, hence it’s a bad news for most of us.
@andromeda @Pikachu_1

Products and Vouchers via Netbanking or SmartBuy at a value of 1 RP = upto Rs 0.35
This is from hdfc site for regalia

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Pikachu_1 wrote:

Products and Vouchers via Netbanking or SmartBuy at a value of 1 RP = upto Rs 0.35
This is from hdfc site for regalia

via smartbuy bro

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
chai_lover wrote:

are points better or worse than the CB?

Considering a retail spend of 10k on amazon.

5% CB would result in 10k*0.05 = 500 INR statement credit

With the new reward structure, it would yield 10k*4*5/150 = 1333 RPs. 4 RPs for every 150, and 5x is the factor.

In case of regalia 0.2 is the factor for redeeming rewards to statement credit,  so 1,333 gives 266INR if we go for statement credit.

@Pikachu_1

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
BlueFlash wrote:

For Regalia, 1xRP = 0.93% if redeemed for vouchers; So now previously we used to get 5%CB for redirects like Amazon/Gyftr, but now with newer value it will be 5xRP which translates to 4.65%; Hence it’s a devaluation considering these categories; However if you take different category like Hotel (5% vs 10xRP) or Flipkart (1% vs 3xRP), then it’s an enhancement; but to be honest, most of us use smartbuy mainly for amazon and gytr only, hence it’s a bad news for most of us.
@andromeda @Pikachu_1

In my case I dont even purchase amazon GV via gyftr, my Regalia is most of the times for amazon sales via smartbuy, and other related offers.

Delhi Capitals Delhi Capitals
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

Considering a retail spend of 10k on amazon.

5% CB would result in 10k*0.05 = 500 INR statement credit

With the new reward structure, it would yield 10k*4*5/150 = 1333 RPs. 4 RPs for every 150, and 5x is the factor.

In case of regalia 0.2 is the factor for redeeming rewards to statement credit,  so 1,333 gives 266INR if we go for statement credit.

@Pikachu_1

Thanks for explanation @andromeda and @BlueFlash too.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

Considering a retail spend of 10k on amazon.

5% CB would result in 10k*0.05 = 500 INR statement credit

With the new reward structure, it would yield 10k*4*5/150 = 1333 RPs. 4 RPs for every 150, and 5x is the factor.

In case of regalia 0.2 is the factor for redeeming rewards to statement credit,  so 1,333 gives 266INR if we go for statement credit.

@Pikachu_1

thanks, what’s the conversion rate for buying Amazon gv?

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
chai_lover wrote:

thanks, what’s the conversion rate for buying Amazon gv?

1000 INR for 6660 points 0.15INR per 1RP

I remember reading there is a different portal/redemption process for better reward rate, couldn’t recollect.

Most of the times my redemption is on flight tickets, or carry forward during upgradation.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

Considering a retail spend of 10k on amazon.

5% CB would result in 10k*0.05 = 500 INR statement credit

With the new reward structure, it would yield 10k*4*5/150 = 1333 RPs. 4 RPs for every 150, and 5x is the factor.

In case of regalia 0.2 is the factor for redeeming rewards to statement credit,  so 1,333 gives 266INR if we go for statement credit.

@Pikachu_1

also consider that previously we were getting 1x RP +5% cashback now we get only 5x RP.
so in reality we are getting 4x RP in exchange of 5% cb.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
tank_u_m8 wrote:

also consider that previously we were getting 1x RP +5% cashback now we get only 5x RP.
so in reality we are getting 4x RP in exchange of 5% cb.

True!

I don’t usually consider the 1x rewards unless they have some promotion of different factor.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

1000 INR for 6660 points 0.15INR per 1RP

I remember reading there is a different portal/redemption process for better reward rate, couldn’t recollect.

Most of the times my redemption is on flight tickets, or carry forward during upgradation.

it couldn’t be lower than statement credit 🤔

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Now HDFC Rupay Platinum debit card is better than Regalia credit card.

Delhi Capitals Delhi Capitals
Link Copied
Expand
chai_lover wrote:

it couldn’t be lower than statement credit 🤔

500 amazon gv is available for 1420 point and  118 redemption fee

Delhi Capitals Delhi Capitals
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

1000 INR for 6660 points 0.15INR per 1RP

I remember reading there is a different portal/redemption process for better reward rate, couldn’t recollect.

Most of the times my redemption is on flight tickets, or carry forward during upgradation.

It is Smartbuy portal for regalia

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
chai_lover wrote:

it couldn’t be lower than statement credit 🤔

Right, regalia card has got another website to redeem the rewards otherthan the portal from hdfc netbanking. There I see 1000 INR voucher for 2850 RPs giving 0.35 INR/ 1RP

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Hi guys,

I have Diners privilege LTF with 9L limit, today only I applied for dual card (Dcb) so now soon I will receive DCB with 5L limit and privilege will remain LTF with 4L limit.

after reading this devaluation and all, I think I should continue with privilege 9L limit and should ask HDFC not to proceed with my DCB request. If the points value is so less then I don’t think it’s a good option to take DCB first year free then end up paying 10k + 1800 gst from second year. Please share your honest opinion. Thank you





Kolkata Knight Riders Kolkata Knight Riders
Link Copied
Expand
chai_lover wrote:

thanks, what’s the conversion rate for buying Amazon gv?

For regalia & diners privilege its 1RP=0.35 AGV. on smartbuy portal

so 1333 RP received for 10k amazon txn as calculated by @andromeda will convert to 466.55 AGV

Also some charges for redemption is there I guess (118)

Edit: updated with correct ratio

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/737898/medium/reg.jpg?1643384362

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply