Health Insurance For Parents Need Genuine Suggestions

82°
Deal Lieutenant
228
5316
88

My Father’s Age is 58 & he is diabetic and my mother’s age is 57 and she is healthy.. Could You Please Suggest some good policy for them…

Me And My friend configured a Policy Named Max Bupa Re Assure, In that Policy We are getting 1 Cr Cover in 39264 Rs where Sum assured is 10 Lakhs in 33456 and By Adding Super Top Up of 5800 We are getting 90 Lacks additional… Is it a good plan for them
..

Suggestion Welcome

11 Comments  |  
4 Dimers
  • Sort By
111
890
4

They will have to undergo medical tests and loading will be added according to the medical reports

228
5316
88
myfungang829 wrote:

They will have to undergo medical tests and loading will be added according to the medical reports

in Re assure there is no pre medical checkup as far as i know

111
890
4
Expand
Papi-Manushya wrote:

in Re assure there is no pre medical checkup as far as i know

Generally Above 45  no insurance company gives health insurance. Loading for sure will come when you declare diabetes and if you don’t declare then they will not clear your claims and will reject saying it was pre existing

111
890
4

Also look-out for the term, all pre-existing disease and complications related to it will not be honoured….

Health insurance is very tricky……

210
2805
114

@Papi

Currently features wise Max Reassure is best plan. For diabetes patients, they will apply loading of around 10-15% on individual premium (Not on entire premium). They will ask for latest HBA1C or FBS report. No medical required. 3 years waiting period will be there for the same..

210
2805
114
Expand
myfungang829 wrote:

Generally Above 45  no insurance company gives health insurance. Loading for sure will come when you declare diabetes and if you don’t declare then they will not clear your claims and will reject saying it was pre existing

Wrong. Insurance companies even issue policy to 65+ age people if they are healthy. They can even reject policy for someone who is just 25 years Old. It all depends on a medical condition. They don’t want to take risk of PED.

Loading will be there for diabetes.

111
890
4
Expand
drjpatwa wrote:

Wrong. Insurance companies even issue policy to 65+ age people if they are healthy. They can even reject policy for someone who is just 25 years Old. It all depends on a medical condition. They don’t want to take risk of PED.

Loading will be there for diabetes.

Sorry, I meant to say, generally insurance company don’t issue insurance policy without medical tests

50
347
6
Papi-Manushya wrote:

In that Policy We are getting 1 Cr Cover in 39264 Rs where Sum assured is 10 Lakhs in 33456 and By Adding Super Top Up of 5800 We are getting 90 Lacks additional… Is it a good plan for them
..

Suggestion Welcome

if you are asking for other’s views
then mine is a strong: no to any product that is mixing pure insurance with any ‘investment’ (returns) based scheme/ scam/ plan.

Internationally (or at-least wherever we had direct experience with them) bot Bupa and Metlife were good for corporate and individual cover.
Hipefully the Indian JV with Max too is good, in products and service.

but personally, i would rather go for the conventional Health Insurance (mediclaim) coupled with Term insurance, while keeping investments totally separate
‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ than to mix them all in a suboptimal (often even toxic when it comes to actual serviceability) and costlier hybrid product.
(costlier in its structure and also overall costs as compared to routine investments with similar risk profile).

228
5316
88
Expand
mithhilparekh wrote:

if you are asking for other’s views
then mine is a strong: no to any product that is mixing pure insurance with any ‘investment’ (returns) based scheme/ scam/ plan.

Internationally (or at-least wherever we had direct experience with them) bot Bupa and Metlife were good for corporate and individual cover.
Hipefully the Indian JV with Max too is good, in products and service.

but personally, i would rather go for the conventional Health Insurance (mediclaim) coupled with Term insurance, while keeping investments totally separate
‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ than to mix them all in a suboptimal (often even toxic when it comes to actual serviceability) and costlier hybrid product.
(costlier in its structure and also overall costs as compared to routine investments with similar risk profile).

Brother, Kindly Explain in simple language

Missing