Hot Deal

Help me understand HDFC Credit Card bill statement.

302°
Deal Cadet
a.kabeer31837

What’s the current outstanding?
In ICICI card there’s a clear option which says current outstanding.
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/647989/medium/708696661-DFB658-9105-4709-92-F5-8-FC58-FA4767-F.jpg?1604547340

14 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

You can get the current outstanding by subtracting available credit limit from the total credit limit

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Snikeus wrote:

You can get the current outstanding by subtracting available credit limit from the total credit limit

Thanks.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

bro, It is clearly mentioned as ‘Total Outstanding Authorization Amount’. This is current outstanding only.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Tera_Jija wrote:

bro, It is clearly mentioned as ‘Total Outstanding Authorization Amount’. This is current outstanding only.

Thanks. Ya I saw that but I’m confused with so much info. I don’t think I credited that much amount and debited that much.
Whenever I make any transaction both credited and debited amount goes up. I don’t know what’s going on.

Do you know how can I change my billing cycle?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
a.kabeer31837 wrote:

Thanks. Ya I saw that but I’m confused with so much info. I don’t think I credited that much amount and debited that much.
Whenever I make any transaction both credited and debited amount goes up. I don’t know what’s going on.

Do you know how can I change my billing cycle?

Maybe you have cancelled and placed a lot of orders. Otherwise it doesn’t happen.

You can change billing cycle by calling customer care.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Tera_Jija wrote:

Maybe you have cancelled and placed a lot of orders. Otherwise it doesn’t happen.

You can change billing cycle by calling customer care.

wrong quote. See below.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
a.kabeer31837 wrote:

Thanks. Ya I saw that but I’m confused with so much info. I don’t think I credited that much amount and debited that much.
Whenever I make any transaction both credited and debited amount goes up. I don’t know what’s going on.

Do you know how can I change my billing cycle?

Just a caution for billing cycle change. Make sure that your outstanding balance is zero when you request for billing cycle change.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
ramadesidime wrote:

Just a caution for billing cycle change. Make sure that your outstanding balance is zero when you request for billing cycle change.

Thanks. I’ll make it zero before requesting change in cycle.

Do you know how can I increase my credit card limit? This card was preapproved without any income documents that’s why I think it have low credit limit. My Apay card has limit of 2 lakhs will it help if I request increase in credit limit.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
a.kabeer31837 wrote:

Thanks. I’ll make it zero before requesting change in cycle.

Do you know how can I increase my credit card limit? This card was preapproved without any income documents that’s why I think it have low credit limit. My Apay card has limit of 2 lakhs will it help if I request increase in credit limit.

Check your txn details … As per screen shot, you are spending 2.5x your limit ..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
indiansoul wrote:

Check your txn details … As per screen shot, you are spending 2.5x your limit ..

Yes. I was trying to complete quarterly milestone.
And they gave me 30k limit. Very less than my other cards.
Any tips to get it increased. I have good itr and my other card limit is 2 lakh.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
a.kabeer31837 wrote:

Yes. I was trying to complete quarterly milestone.
And they gave me 30k limit. Very less than my other cards.
Any tips to get it increased. I have good itr and my other card limit is 2 lakh.

Best way for increase limit is to use card regularly for more than 50%. If this is a new card, wait for 6 months.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Actually in HDFC, the Total Outstanding Authorization Amount is the amount for a transaction that does not yet appear on your unbilled transactions list. Normally it takes a couple of days for a charge to appear in the unbilled statement in netbanking. So it’s not the same as current outstanding in ICICI which is the total amount outstanding.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
roh22 wrote:

Actually in HDFC, the Total Outstanding Authorization Amount is the amount for a transaction that does not yet appear on your unbilled transactions list. Normally it takes a couple of days for a charge to appear in the unbilled statement in netbanking. So it’s not the same as current outstanding in ICICI which is the total amount outstanding.

I figured.
In my case I think it’s 16k emi.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
indiansoul wrote:

Best way for increase limit is to use card regularly for more than 50%. If this is a new card, wait for 6 months.

Mine is 7 month old.
In credit limit upgrade form of hdfc there’s an option for C4C documents which I think is for attaching current cards statement. Do you think it’ll be useful in increasing limit. I have Apay card with 2.10lakh limit.

Missing