HELP NEEDED

202°
Helpful
jennyllwilliams

Hello Dimers,

Firstly, i want to tell that i don’t have much knowledge about CC and also i don’t have that. That’s why i need help.

Actually i am trying to solve a problem of my relative who is not well versed with digital knowledge and digital and e-commerce transactions and we are not in the same city.

Actually my relative already had a SBI SimplySave CC from 2 Years(By lack of knowledge) and he even didn’t use that a single time in a year (Because: i already mentioned above that he is not well versed with that).
Till now only 2-3 times max.

Now Problem arises When he received a call for another SBI CC (SBI PRIME CC) from SBI offering at Issuance and AMC of 3000₹, By mistake and misunderstanding on call, he accepted the offer and card got approved.

And after that he received SBI PRIME CC in some days and they charged 3500₹ from his account regarding the CC.

Now after that he called me and asked that how can he get the charge refunded . I suggested him to surrender that Card Kit to the bank. He tried to do the same and bank official said : Sir we can’t do anything from here, you have to block the card yourself and you will get your charge reversed automatically.

After that i helped him to block his both SBI CC (SimplySave and PRIME, Because i think he don’t need a CC, a ATM cum DC will be sufficient for him) by sending a sms BLOCK XXXX to 5676791 and Both CC got blocked yesterday night.

Today he received a sms from bank :-

(E-statement of your card ending with xxxx (card1) has been sent to your registered email id. Total amount due: 1054. Min amt due :200. payable by 29/01/2021. SMS ENRS to 5676791 if not received in 24-48h. Click sbicard.com/quickpaynet to pay your credit card bill. )

Actually he just made a POS purchase of 1054 last month that too by a useless advice of SBICARD CC.

Today again he went to bank branch and bank official simply denied to refund of charge citing its his mistake. and asked the due 1054₹ to pay by cash deposit slip in the bank branch.

My Query :-

1) (For my knowledge) Is there a auto – debit facility in SBI for deducting the CC BILL everymonth from the Bank Account ?? What will happen if he don’t pay the bill before the date ??

2) How can i help him to get his 3500₹ charge refunded back. ?? Because he even didn’t activated that SBI PRIME CC that got received by mistake.

TIA

CC @abhishek012 @androgame @rajrocks

Please somebody also tag the dimers who can help in this situation.

Thanks
Waiting for Response

19 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied

Even i dont have any experience with CCs, but can tag some people who might help
@guest_999 @bikidas2060 @_One_Miller_

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Thanks Bro

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Auto-debit facility for sbi card can only be taken at the time of filling the application form for new card where there is an option for auto-debit & it can also only be deactivated by sending a printed signed form to sbi card head office by courier. You now have to pay the bill of 1054 by cash deposit slip & I suggest to do it immediately. For getting 3500 card issuance fee just contact sbi card customer care & they should refund the money now that card is closed(make sure card is now closed & not just blocked).

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

The Card is Blocked Now.
How to close the card ??

View 1 more reply
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

The Card is Blocked now.
How to close the card ??

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

1. Blocking a card and closing the account are two different things. Should have closed them in the first place instead of just blocking them.
2. SBI cards are NOT issued by SBI. They are issued by a 3rd party NBFC called SBICSPL. Bank officials are only interested for taking application for new cards as they get commission out of it but they will not extend any help for closing it. They are also not authorised to give any free reversal.
3. Call the customercare from registered mobile and ask them to permanently close all card accounts and reverse all charges.
4. For outstanding purchase amount, make online payment directly.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

1) Yeah i was also thinking the same, but since bank official told him to block that’s why i suggested my relative to proceed, even i also had the doubt that blocking a card never leads to any charge reversal, it should be surrender or closed permanently.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

@panchabhut Bro, Is Blocking the Card leads to charge AMC from next year ?? or No AMC will be charged if a card is blocked by customer. ??

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Things can change from bank to bank. It is better you talk to care on a recorded line, and have the details. Also write on their care email and get another confirmation.

But when you decide to close the card, why do you care about charges from next year? And if you close the card within some specified time citing that you are not aware of the features/charges or do not like them, you can get them completely refunded.

I would say talk to customer care mentioning your relative details. Make sure you have all the card/relative details in case they ask for any confirmation. Based on your relative gender, have the same gender call the care, and give them some peace. If you are not comfortable this way, let your relative connect to the care, and mention that you will talk on his/her behalf.

View 1 more reply
Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

I don’t know about CC but just my 10 paise after reading your post.

Jumlebaz, ignorant, lame,what word to use🤔
Let him suffer with charges so that he will not make such mistakes afterwards.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

@P_A_N_K_A_J Bro Everyone has some problems in daily life so they can’t pay attention to everywhere and because of lack of digital literacy he got that much trouble.
So please i request you to please don’t make joke of him.

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Not making jokes my friend. I’m angry at him😅
I don’t think you need digital literacy just to know you have a credit card lying in your pockets.
I made comment in 1st place hoping to improve someone. Not to joke.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Write a letter on paper requesting to close card with card owner name and card 16-digit number.
Send scan of this signed letter from registered email to [email protected]
Tell your relative not to talk to any CC on call, except 2 words ‘close card’
Prime card not used so fees will be refunded if already paid or pay it if due date is very near, do not default at any cost

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Call customer care and ask them to CLOSE the card. Once the card is closed, you will get statement. Delay the payment by one more month. Mean time, if there are any auto-pay, that would trigger.

The wise part is, pay every thing what ever is mentioned in the statements for next few months.
OR
Ignore the statements for next couple of months without paying. The CIBIL gets screwed and he will not get any loans/CCs in future.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

So, Based on suggestions received here:

I am suggesting him to Firstly, Pay that 1054₹ outstanding amount then Call SBICARD Customer Care and Ask them to close both CC Account permanently and ask for refund of charges

Thanks to All of you for your suggestions and help
KG to all.

replyuser
Click here to reply