help on bank dormant account

149°
Deal Subedar
177
1166
14

I have bank account is dormant from 2013. When I inquired about it. The balance around -400 now.  May be penalty charges are there. As per RBI rule dormant account don’t have to pay any  penalty charges as per rule. Does it affect cibil score?

21 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
72
211
1

Bhai ye charge to dene padenge, agar activate karana h to, rbi k hisab se account dormant k charge nhi lagenge, kucch samay pehle dormant hone pe account dormant charge lagta tha wo nhi lagega, baki to dena hi padega, aur ek baat, cibil me fark nhi padega abhi to.

60
404
3

Can we close that account and open a new account in same bank (SBI) without paying that charges

67
1651
8
nikhil9702 wrote:

Can we close that account and open a new account in same bank (SBI) without paying that charges

Yes, you can open account at a different branch of the same bank.

2
1139
9

My friend had a very old account (minor) in Allahabad around 4-5 years back, now he lost his passbook, bank employees are saying they can’t help to find account. Anything can be done?

0
2212
30
Dealo wrote:

My friend had a very old account (minor) in Allahabad around 4-5 years back, now he lost his passbook, bank employees are saying they can’t help to find account. Anything can be done?

that same home branch can find in the EOD reports based on name itself

0
2212
30
nikhil9702 wrote:

Can we close that account and open a new account in same bank (SBI) without paying that charges

no bro.. they wont allow untill the staff on counter is ignorant

2
1139
9
Expand
vishal_ag wrote:

that same home branch can find in the EOD reports based on name itself

They said they tried , but didn’t found. Maybe because account was inactive for 4-5 yeats🤔. He had 10-15k around in that account

60
404
3
Expand
ZNZ wrote:

Yes, you can open account at a different branch of the same bank.

Without closing previous one which has become dormant

43
17863
145
nikhil9702 wrote:

Can we close that account and open a new account in same bank (SBI) without paying that charges

Nooo. CIF number is there. Across SBI branches we can have only one CIF number and multiple account numbers under it. So, you can open another account, but under the same CIF.

60
404
3
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Nooo. CIF number is there. Across SBI branches we can have only one CIF number and multiple account numbers under it. So, you can open another account, but under the same CIF.

Ok

1
10867
73

Anyone Knows Min. Balance required for Indian bank saving account.
I checked my old account which is not used from a long time they are deducting ₹59 every month from past 4-5 months.
It has around ₹1500 there.

294
7225
72
Ash-D wrote:

Anyone Knows Min. Balance required for Indian bank saving account.
I checked my old account which is not used from a long time they are deducting ₹59 every month from past 4-5 months.
It has around ₹1500 there.

After 3 months bank is supposed to declare account as dormant and not charge

1
10867
73
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

After 3 months bank is supposed to declare account as dormant and not charge

Ohh but it seems to be working fine I just did a Imps transaction it worked before that the last transaction I did was on September 2019
But I have a Fd there.
The Money started deducting from July of this year only.
As I know for Cheque book account min balance was ₹1000 but seems after merger with allahbad bank it got changed.

294
7225
72
Expand
Ash-D wrote:

Ohh but it seems to be working fine I just did a Imps transaction it worked before that the last transaction I did was September 2019
But I have a Fd there.
The Money started deducting from July of this year only.
As I know for Cheque book account min balance was ₹1000 but seems after merger it got changed.

U can talk to bank and get charges reversed from 4 month onwards.
I did it in Bank of Maharashtra citing RBI regulations

1
10867
73
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

U can talk to bank and get charges reversed from 4 month onwards.
I did it in Bank of Maharashtra citing RBI regulations

How bro do I have to visit the bank or can be done over call to toll free no. or branch no.

294
7225
72
Expand
Ash-D wrote:

How bro do I have to visit the bank or can be done over call to toll free no. or branch no.

email – i used as I was not in station
First they flatly refused to reverse but when complained to nodal officer(probably) actually they reversed all charges including first 3 months as I never rcvd any SMS/Email/letter informing increase in MinBal. I do not remember links to RBI regulation etc as its quite old incident now

1
10867
73
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

email – i used as I was not in station
First they flatly refused to reverse but when complained to nodal officer(probably) actually they reversed all charges including first 3 months as I never rcvd any SMS/Email/letter informing increase in MinBal. I do not remember links to RBI regulation etc as its quite old incident now

Thanks bro will try even I also didn’t received any mail or update.
+Kg

177
1166
14
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

email – i used as I was not in station
First they flatly refused to reverse but when complained to nodal officer(probably) actually they reversed all charges including first 3 months as I never rcvd any SMS/Email/letter informing increase in MinBal. I do not remember links to RBI regulation etc as its quite old incident now

Meanwhile my mobile no changed around 2015 from then I dont have my mobile no in bank. But when I opened ac in 2013 . Later not given attention. Now balance is -500 something. Will bank first active my dormant bank account then closed it without any charges to me ? Considering RBI rule no any charges for dormant ac . Do u have any that rule of PDF to give proff to RBI or nodal officer ?

177
1166
14
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

email – i used as I was not in station
First they flatly refused to reverse but when complained to nodal officer(probably) actually they reversed all charges including first 3 months as I never rcvd any SMS/Email/letter informing increase in MinBal. I do not remember links to RBI regulation etc as its quite old incident now

What message u wrote them for writting off charges on your bank as you have not received any sms ,mail, letter for any charges ?

294
7225
72
Expand
iamshashikant wrote:

What message u wrote them for writting off charges on your bank as you have not received any sms ,mail, letter for any charges ?

Dug into old emails as others too may ask same query like u:
Complaint raised in NetBanking – can not help with all capital letters due to copy paste
Complaint(verbatim):
1.MINIMUM BALANCE UPWARD REVISION NOT INTIMATED TO ME THROUGH SMS/EMAIL/LETTER 2.CHARGES DEDUCTED FOR NOT MAINTAINING MINIMUM BALANCE CONTINUOUSLY FOR MORE THAN 9 MONTHS 3. WHY MY ACCOUNT IS NOT MADE DORMANT/SUSPENDED WHEN I DID NOT MAINTAIN FOR 3 CONSECUTIVE MONTHS AS PER RBI POLICY. INSTEAD CHARGES DEDUCTED CONTINUOUSLY FOR 10 MONTHS. EVEN THROUGH MY MOBILE IS ACTIVE I WAS NEVER SENT MESSAGE/EMAIL/LETTER WARNING ME FOR NOT MAINTAINING MIN BALANCE OR SMS ALERT FOR DEDUCTING MIN BALANCE CHARGES. CONTACTED “xxxx” BRANCH MANAGER WHO SIMPLY REPLIED THAT NOTHING CAN BE DONE NOW. PLEASE REVERSE THE CHARGES DEDUCTED.

Reply from Bank:
“We have reversed Rs. 834.71 as per circular AX1/PLN/Min Balance/2015-16 dated 29/03/2016 in customer account 24/10/2016.

This is for your kind information.
Thanks and Regards
Dy. Br. Manager"

RBI regulations I emailed to bank(may be changed or updated now)

https://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/NotificationUser...

RBI Annexe:

Levy of charges for non-maintenance of minimum balance in savings bank account shall be subject to the following additional guidelines:

(i) In the event of a default in maintenance of minimum balance/average minimum balance as agreed to between the bank and customer, the bank should notify the customer clearly by SMS/ email/ letter etc. that in the event of the minimum balance not being restored in the account within a month from the date of notice, penal charges will be applicable.

(ii) In case the minimum balance is not restored within a reasonable period, which shall not be less than one month from the date of notice of shortfall, penal charges may be recovered under intimation to the account holder.

(iii) The policy on penal charges to be so levied may be decided with the approval of Board of the bank.

(iv) The penal charges should be directly proportionate to the extent of shortfall observed. In other words, the charges should be a fixed percentage levied on the amount of difference between the actual balance maintained and the minimum balance as agreed upon at the time of opening of account. A suitable slab structure for recovery of charges may be finalized.

(v) It should be ensured that such penal charges are reasonable and not out of line with the average cost of providing the services.

(vi) It should be ensured that the balance in the savings account does not turn into negative balance solely on account of levy of charges for non-maintenance of minimum balance.

@Ash-D

Missing