help regarding engeenering

help regarding engeenering

171°
Missing
Deal Cadet
102
210
8

Hi guys

I want some suggestion about engeenering education

My sister want study in engeenering but she now stydying 11th in arts

I research that she can join in polytechnic but now confusion is which is better for her..

Is chemical engeenering

Electronic and communication engeenering

Chemical engeenering


Thanks in advance,

if you can guide about this which is better for her

you can give any suggestion

29 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
Missing
Blogger
377
3010
63

In my honest opinion, if her guardians are choosing the stream for her then she should not do engineering. Engineering is the most difficult thing to study after medicine. There are different types of engineers and they all are important. So, passion for it is really needed. That’s why India has so many bad engineers

Missing
Blogger
196
1925
54

bhai/behen

har koi kahega ye karo wo karo

zara ek bar khud bhi socho kabhi

zindagi badal jaayegi ek faisle se

le lena jo prann pachtawa na karna

…………..

research deep / find problems persisting in each sector / calculate everything / tale lessons from real life experiences



………….

aur fir bhi kuch samajh na aa aaye to

maan lena apno ki baat

Missing
Blogger
377
3010
63
rogerthat wrote:

bhai/behen

har koi kahega ye karo wo karo

zara ek bar khud bhi socho kabhi

zindagi badal jaayegi ek faisle se

le lena jo prann pachtawa na karna

…………..

research deep / find problems persisting in each sector / calculate everything / tale lessons from real life experiences



………….

aur fir bhi kuch samajh na aa aaye to

maan lena apno ki baat

Samaj ni aaye toh chod hi dena bro. 4 saal engineering karke fir ssc banking prep kaa koi matlab hi nai.

Missing
Deal Subedar
36
1018
9

Why is she studying arts? Is it because of less marks?

Missing
Deal Cadet
167
317
6
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Samaj ni aaye toh chod hi dena bro. 4 saal engineering karke fir ssc banking prep kaa koi matlab hi nai.

India me log pahle engineering karte hai badme sochte hai ki life me kya karna hai.

Missing
Blogger
196
1925
54
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Samaj ni aaye toh chod hi dena bro. 4 saal engineering karke fir ssc banking prep kaa koi matlab hi nai.

engineering atleast makes you disciplined.

Missing
Blogger
196
1925
54
iNvEsTor wrote:

Avoid Engineering
Choose Life

engineering is a way of life

maano ya na maano

Missing
Deal Cadet
183
910
25

Ask your sister which branch she is interested in

Missing
Deal Cadet
86
593
21

well do any engineering, job in India is 99% IT job,
out of which more than 50% jobs dont require any knowledge acquired in engineering ( if you acquire any knowledge)
Let her choose what she likes the most, at the end of the day it is work satisfaction that matters
I know of people who have done Engineering and Law, and runs a fashion studio now
I also know of a person who has done hotel management, worked as a helper in hotel and now works as a Project Manager in a reputed IT Services company

Missing
Deal Cadet
102
210
8

Thanks all of you guys, i just leave this on her as if we force her about way in future if she not get success may blame on me just what subject she have passion study on that…

Missing
Deal Cadet
102
210
8
cocay wrote:

Why is she studying arts? Is it because of less marks?

During final exam she got sick thats reason result also sick sleepy but she is talented anyway i just leave the decision to her…

Missing
Deal Subedar
355
1001
14
karanoshan wrote:

well do any engineering, job in India is 99% IT job,
out of which more than 50% jobs dont require any knowledge acquired in engineering ( if you acquire any knowledge)
Let her choose what she likes the most, at the end of the day it is work satisfaction that matters
I know of people who have done Engineering and Law, and runs a fashion studio now
I also know of a person who has done hotel management, worked as a helper in hotel and now works as a Project Manager in a reputed IT Services company

Totally agree to this.

If you want to make money then you should work on skills not on degrees.

Ask her to start studying data science if possible. She can take MSc Maths or Computer Engineering also for degree and they will also help her in course. but she can separately study data science online from various places (Youtube) if is interested.

I can guarantee that she will get much better job than what you could ever imagine. Future is dependent on present choices.

Missing
Deal Cadet
58
198
15
Expand
Tera_Jija wrote:

Totally agree to this.

If you want to make money then you should work on skills not on degrees.

Ask her to start studying data science if possible. She can take MSc Maths or Computer Engineering also for degree and they will also help her in course. but she can separately study data science online from various places (Youtube) if is interested.

I can guarantee that she will get much better job than what you could ever imagine. Future is dependent on present choices.

I will get Mtech data science at IISC banglore if will apply but I dont know much about this course as I m a mechanical engineer.Can you tell me what I have to study and what will the career after it.

Missing
Critic
175
841
13
Expand
fCz4m67y wrote:

I will get Mtech data science at IISC banglore if will apply but I dont know much about this course as I m a mechanical engineer.Can you tell me what I have to study and what will the career after it.

date Science= maths+statistics+programming. Being a mechanical engineer you must be knowing maths(laplace,fourier tarnsformation etc) & programming(matlab,c/c++) so you should have the basic eligibility. As for making a successful career in it that will depend entirely on your talent.
https://www.kdnuggets.com/2018/05/simplilearn-9...

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
1347
11
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Samaj ni aaye toh chod hi dena bro. 4 saal engineering karke fir ssc banking prep kaa koi matlab hi nai.

Hehe….

PS. Don’t do Electronics and communication 😛 (As you will get trapped “in between” Computer science and Electrical engineering)
My suggestion…go for computer science as it’s the “present and future!”

Missing
Blogger
377
3010
63
Expand
Time_pass wrote:

Hehe….

PS. Don’t do Electronics and communication 😛 (As you will get trapped “in between” Computer science and Electrical engineering)
My suggestion…go for computer science as it’s the “present and future!”

Honestly there should not be any different stream as computer science at least not in UG program. Without electronics, there will be no computer science, I mean you need processors, microchips etc to run the system, without Electrical system the system is dead already. Right!

Missing
Deal Subedar
355
1001
14
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Honestly there should not be any different stream as computer science at least not in UG program. Without electronics, there will be no computer science, I mean you need processors, microchips etc to run the system, without Electrical system the system is dead already. Right!

What a logic bro, hatsoff… 😛

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
134
0
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

date Science= maths+statistics+programming. Being a mechanical engineer you must be knowing maths(laplace,fourier tarnsformation etc) & programming(matlab,c/c++) so you should have the basic eligibility. As for making a successful career in it that will depend entirely on your talent.
https://www.kdnuggets.com/2018/05/simplilearn-9...

A little addon, you can always build talent with hard work.

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
1347
11
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Honestly there should not be any different stream as computer science at least not in UG program. Without electronics, there will be no computer science, I mean you need processors, microchips etc to run the system, without Electrical system the system is dead already. Right!

Yeah but you can’t teach everything in a 4 year course.
Obviously, everything boils down to one aspect: You can’t do/learn everything. While you may get better appreciation/understanding of computer science if you start learning from Electrical engineering, but as it happens you won’t be able to master every subject…
The software itself is getting too complicated that it has caused several disasters due to silly bugs…

In my view : learning Electrical engineering for doing software is similar to asking a painter to learn the chemical reactions required to produce that paint.

I was recently learning about operating systems and I was shocked to learn that C programming language is horribly designed (while making I/O calls to the kernel). No-one has time to reimplement them… millions of lines of code, too hard to check(/justify corner cases) each and everything…(https://www.linux.com/news/linux-in-2020-27-8-m...)

Anyways…In software everything works on abstraction: you won’t need to re-invent the wheel…SO YOU GOT TO TRUST YOUR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FOLKS THAT THEY HAVE DESIGNED PERFECT SYSTEM (ABSTRACTION).
And then you need to focus your energy on one thing only!

PS. Read this post with a pinch of salt😛

Edit: If quantum computer becomes reality, then these people will need to study Physics right?😜

Missing
Blogger
377
3010
63
Expand
Time_pass wrote:

Yeah but you can’t teach everything in a 4 year course.
Obviously, everything boils down to one aspect: You can’t do/learn everything. While you may get better appreciation/understanding of computer science if you start learning from Electrical engineering, but as it happens you won’t be able to master every subject…
The software itself is getting too complicated that it has caused several disasters due to silly bugs…

In my view : learning Electrical engineering for doing software is similar to asking a painter to learn the chemical reactions required to produce that paint.

I was recently learning about operating systems and I was shocked to learn that C programming language is horribly designed (while making I/O calls to the kernel). No-one has time to reimplement them… millions of lines of code, too hard to check(/justify corner cases) each and everything…(https://www.linux.com/news/linux-in-2020-27-8-m...)

Anyways…In software everything works on abstraction: you won’t need to re-invent the wheel…SO YOU GOT TO TRUST YOUR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FOLKS THAT THEY HAVE DESIGNED PERFECT SYSTEM (ABSTRACTION).
And then you need to focus your energy on one thing only!

PS. Read this post with a pinch of salt😛

Edit: If quantum computer becomes reality, then these people will need to study Physics right?😜

1) In a 4 year course, you learn a lot of subjects per semester, that you won’t find useful latter in life in case one sticks to a traditional easy to get IT Job. BTech people seat with BSc passed folks after joining in such companies.
2) Now if you want to design a good software, then you need to know about its several aspects. It’s not purely abstract. A self respecting progammer knows the system on which he/she is designing the software. In industry, we have different subject matter experts on different topics. But on beginner’s level, people need to know about everything.
3) I had a good reasoning before suggesting to combine the three departments to allow people to closely work each other. In a 4 year Btech course, 1st year of any branch remains the same. They teach phy, chem, elementary math, basic electronics, basic electrical, mechanics if possible etc. 2nd year onwards, people study stream specific subjects. Even MIT has https://www.eecs.mi...u/ department. Electrical and Computer science department. When MIT leads engineering department in the world, they are not that dumb to post something like that.
4) C programming language is not horribly designed. It’s designed in its own way. It’s not a bubble gum to be chewed by anyone. If people have to design new processors, new design architectures, then they have perfect time to design new programming language. C is what it because the things it does. From Apple to Linux, from linux to windows Kernels are written in C only, for a reason https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_o... .
5) Software works on abstraction, yes! In Industry, that will be decided. In academia everything has to be covered.
If quantum computer becomes reality, which it ll, yes early people need to understand physics to be able to any development on it, maths, electronics too.

Missing
Blogger
377
3010
63
karanoshan wrote:

well do any engineering, job in India is 99% IT job,
out of which more than 50% jobs dont require any knowledge acquired in engineering ( if you acquire any knowledge)
Let her choose what she likes the most, at the end of the day it is work satisfaction that matters
I know of people who have done Engineering and Law, and runs a fashion studio now
I also know of a person who has done hotel management, worked as a helper in hotel and now works as a Project Manager in a reputed IT Services company

Exactly. Here people don’t see the big picture. They need just a short term gratification from an easy to get job.

Missing
Deal Cadet
58
198
15
karanoshan wrote:

well do any engineering, job in India is 99% IT job,
out of which more than 50% jobs dont require any knowledge acquired in engineering ( if you acquire any knowledge)
Let her choose what she likes the most, at the end of the day it is work satisfaction that matters
I know of people who have done Engineering and Law, and runs a fashion studio now
I also know of a person who has done hotel management, worked as a helper in hotel and now works as a Project Manager in a reputed IT Services company

99% is overestimation

Missing
Blogger
196
1925
54
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Honestly there should not be any different stream as computer science at least not in UG program. Without electronics, there will be no computer science, I mean you need processors, microchips etc to run the system, without Electrical system the system is dead already. Right!

computer science has many subjects that are also part of curriculums of electronics and other courses such as

design algorithm
digital logic design
micro architecture
microprocessor
telecommunication

even though not in too much depth but covers wide aspects

Missing
Blogger
196
1925
54
Expand
fCz4m67y wrote:

99% is overestimation

people are confusing basic/required computer know how to IT

its not same

Missing
Deal Cadet
58
198
15
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Honestly there should not be any different stream as computer science at least not in UG program. Without electronics, there will be no computer science, I mean you need processors, microchips etc to run the system, without Electrical system the system is dead already. Right!

Kuch bhi

Missing
Deal Cadet
58
198
15
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

people are confusing basic/required computer know how to IT

its not same

Even if they doing its still overestimation

Missing