Hot Deal

HISTORY forgotten

661°
  • 2268
  • 67
  • Last Comment
  • Reasons

    Vote down Reasons

    • Bad Reviews for Website/Seller : 1
Deal Subedar
playdime

i consider myself good at studies. 

i always feared of failure in one subject social science during school days. Thats because of history.

But i mugged up important questions in history and that has a complete history of winners from moghul dynasty. Rest of indian kings come and go like special roles in movies or item songs.

some teachers used to teach off topics from history like purushottam king, chandragupta mourya, king cholas, chatrapathi sivaji etc. In higher classes suddenly it teaches the great revolt 1857 and indian independence. Then diverts to stalin, lenin, hitler, churchil, lincoln, boston tea party, french revolution, bolshviks, civil wars in europe.

i feel like “kuch panne missing hain history mein”. Why sudden jump from 1857 to independence and foreign tours. Later i forgot it like my contemporaries and worried about job oriented studies to secure jobs. Then came only man PV narisimha rao and i never need to get into govt. jobs, hence no touch of history. The IT job boiled any thrust of caring for others and evaporated any wet left in me. 

suddenly a moment of truth appeared and opened hidden files in me and i am still connecting missing links. 

so much * brain washed * over years

Expired
66 Comments  |  
23 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

kuch trick mile to mujhe bhi btana sb kichdi ho jata haii

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Starting from Delhi Sultanat & the slave dynasty started by Qutb ud-Din Aibak(one who got constructed the famous Qutub Minar in Delhi) the Delhi Sultanat always acted as a guard of the northern frontiers of India at least till Aurangzeb’s rule after which Mughal dynasty became weak resulting in infamous plunder & massacre in Delhi by Nader Shah who took the Kohinoor Diamond & Peacock throne from Mughals. Later Marathas tried to carry this role of protecting northern frontiers unsuccessfully in famous 3rd battle of Panipat where they lost miserably paving the way for the rise of British Empire in India. This is why a majority of Indian history is focused on Delhi Sultanat/Mughal Dynasty because it shaped the destiny of India as it is known today both by their successes & failures.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

I don’t know which board you studied and when you studied the years I mean. Also I don’t know the syllabus of the current time.

But I would like to say that what we are thought in school is just a jest or would say the main events which atleast you should know . From that point of view I don’t think I missed anything in my school days.

If you say you missed what happened after 1947 I would agree because we are not taught that but before that I don’t think so.

Do you think that entire history can be taught to us in school and on top of that History is not liked by many. Most mug up for the exams and then don’t remember anything. So who is at fault here?

I would like to tell what I was taught in my school days to best of my ability as I remember.

I studied in Maharashtra state board , so a major portion was related to Maratha Empire as well.

If I go in chronological order , started with Evolution of Human- Neanderthal ,Cro-Magnon man, Homo Sapiens.

Then history of India during the BC period , major names I remember are Magadh,Pataliputra cities and Mauryan empire Ashoka, Bimbisara,Kanishka.Then there were some details of Alexander the great. Names of the major kings who ruled Delhi till Prithivraj Chauhan.

Also had some chapters about  Egyptian civilization, Greek civilization.

Some chapters on the south Indian empires Vijaynagara empire, Cholas.

For me I think the Delhi Sultanate and Mughals were covered in 2 chapters. give me benefit of doubt and lets say 3 chapters then about the start and rise of Maratha empire majorly about Shivaji Maharaj.

I do remember about American and French revolution but I think both were in a single chapter. French Revolution was important because the ideas of freedom and fraternity came from there,

Also something about the Renaissance period , don’t remember the details but. 

10th I remember , the first 4 chapters were related to world war 1 and 2 and then Indian history starting just before 1857 till 1947 and some events after that too like French giving up their territories and the liberation of Goa. Even the works of many social leaders like Mahtma Jyotirao Phule, Raja Ram Mohun Roy, Ishwar chandra vidyasagar and many others.

I think all the major events were mentioned and all freedom fighters even some foreigners who supported Indian independence movement, many names I too don’t remember now.

So according to me if you feel you don’t know something, please check online and read about it. Also now a days people are divided basis who wrote what and which are the correct history details. Thats upto you who you want to believe but please do read more sources if it is a controversial topic.

While writing this post , most names spelling had to google, others auto-correct helped; so I’ m sorry and please don’t get offended if you feel the spellings are not correct.

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied

“History is written by the victors”. We know who were the victors from the past  500 years and they destroyed our previous history. Made sure only the history of them and their forefathers existed. Without written evidences we probably don’t have much to read from as to what existed before that. Since the mughals couldn’t make too much inroads into south India there are some sort of good content about south History (maybe I studied in karnataka so we had quite of lot of it to study). 

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Vip-in wrote:

kuch trick mile to mujhe bhi btana sb kichdi ho jata haii

innocent
Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied

Out of all the history I was taught I only remember French revolution, ww1 and 2, 1857 revolt, independence struggle and some bits of akbar. 


I don’t think any other substantial topic was taught in history till 10th grade (that was the last year I read history in school) 


Had a compulsory elective in graduation about history and culture of punjab, read complete about Sikhism, Jainism, Buddhism there. I remember this significantly because this is as fresh as it gets in the memory. 


Edit-Studied ancient harappa and stuff in both places too, but wasn’t really interested in that old things so mind automatically deleted it I think. 


Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

History they teach in school is Fiction

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

history me hitler,  french revolution , Nationalism in Europe , ye sb bakwass padhaya jata h 

jiska hmare future job se b kuch lena dena nhi h 

kash hmari education ministry ispar dhyan deke isko change kre , Indian history hi pdhai jae sirf na ki bahar ki faltu bkwas

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
hackerboys wrote:

history me hitler,  french revolution , Nationalism in Europe , ye sb bakwass padhaya jata h 

jiska hmare future job se b kuch lena dena nhi h 

kash hmari education ministry ispar dhyan deke isko change kre , Indian history hi pdhai jae sirf na ki bahar ki faltu bkwas

sorry I think you don’t understand the importance of history then.
you know of a saying history repeats itself.
History is the reason why the current world functions like it is now, In Science don’t we say understand the reason why it happens like this ?
Hitler … didn’t you understand why we are taught that…. how mad men can influence the public, fill people with hatred and do such bad things…
French revolution..most modern democracies are influenced by it and take ideas like freedoms and civic liberties mentioned during that time.

On a lighter and satirical note… how would you blame Nehru for all the problems existing today?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Nalanda university was ahead of its time and was burned down by raiders

After recovering khilji was shocked by the fact that an Indian scholar and teacher had more knowledge than his princes and countryman. After this, he decided to destroy the roots of Buddhism and Ayurveda. As a result, Khilji set fire to the great library of Nalanda and burned around 9 million manuscripts.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
parveenkk wrote:

Nalanda university was ahead of its time and was burned down by raiders

After recovering khilji was shocked by the fact that an Indian scholar and teacher had more knowledge than his princes and countryman. After this, he decided to destroy the roots of Buddhism and Ayurveda. As a result, Khilji set fire to the great library of Nalanda and burned around 9 million manuscripts.

By ‘Bhaktiyar Khilji’ and we have a place called ‘Bhaktiyarpur’, Bihar smh

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
radhe786 wrote:

By ‘Bhaktiyar Khilji’ and we have a place called ‘Bhaktiyarpur’, Bihar smh

😥😥

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
guest_999 wrote:

Starting from Delhi Sultanat & the slave dynasty started by Qutb ud-Din Aibak(one who got constructed the famous Qutub Minar in Delhi) the Delhi Sultanat always acted as a guard of the northern frontiers of India at least till Aurangzeb’s rule after which Mughal dynasty became weak resulting in infamous plunder & massacre in Delhi by Nader Shah who took the Kohinoor Diamond & Peacock throne from Mughals. Later Marathas tried to carry this role of protecting northern frontiers unsuccessfully in famous 3rd battle of Panipat where they lost miserably paving the way for the rise of British Empire in India. This is why a majority of Indian history is focused on Delhi Sultanat/Mughal Dynasty because it shaped the destiny of India as it is known today both by their successes & failures.

Seems like the History of Delhi is being painted as ‘History of India’ which doesn’t make sense 

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
guest_999 wrote:

Starting from Delhi Sultanat & the slave dynasty started by Qutb ud-Din Aibak(one who got constructed the famous Qutub Minar in Delhi) the Delhi Sultanat always acted as a guard of the northern frontiers of India at least till Aurangzeb’s rule after which Mughal dynasty became weak resulting in infamous plunder & massacre in Delhi by Nader Shah who took the Kohinoor Diamond & Peacock throne from Mughals. Later Marathas tried to carry this role of protecting northern frontiers unsuccessfully in famous 3rd battle of Panipat where they lost miserably paving the way for the rise of British Empire in India. This is why a majority of Indian history is focused on Delhi Sultanat/Mughal Dynasty because it shaped the destiny of India as it is known today both by their successes & failures.

make some sense. So before that no history of india? Only delhi was alwyas our center point of history. 

but what you said is very interesting

edit: Hsuan Tsang, likes not documented indian history, when hatred was not so wide spread

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
radhe786 wrote:

Seems like the History of Delhi is being painted as ‘History of India’ which doesn’t make sense 

History of India is obviously larger but history of Delhi is history of India for at least 500 years. Without Delhi sultanat there might not be a North India as we know it & if they didn’t fail at the end there would likely never be a British Empire in India.

@playdime

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
LightYagami wrote:

sorry I think you don’t understand the importance of history then.
you know of a saying history repeats itself.
History is the reason why the current world functions like it is now, In Science don’t we say understand the reason why it happens like this ?
Hitler … didn’t you understand why we are taught that…. how mad men can influence the public, fill people with hatred and do such bad things…
French revolution..most modern democracies are influenced by it and take ideas like freedoms and civic liberties mentioned during that time.

On a lighter and satirical note… how would you blame Nehru for all the problems existing today?

do western people study about indian history .. ?

the answer is NO

then why only we need to study.. 

And wat u r saying is totally different from real life..

we dont need to study French rev or hitler etc. 

go n see outside youth of school dnt knw who was ramprasad bismil , bhagat singh , rajguru. First we should teach them our ancient history then only they can progress , they are forgetting our indian history . Pushing them towards only  western culture will let them forget all our ancient history

do note this. 


Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
hackerboys wrote:

do western people study about indian history .. ?

the answer is NO

then why only we need to study.. 


Bhai this logic isn’t right, their country wasn’t shaped from our history but ours was 

(Because of British occupancy)

All the events in the medieval Indian subcontinent have been of isolated nature as such

World wars are taught in every country I think (might be one or two exceptions), French revolution is taught in every democratic country. 

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
hackerboys wrote:

do western people study about indian history .. ?

the answer is NO

then why only we need to study.. 


you still didn’t understand the context, even after giving explanations… leave it.

one question how much in detail were you taught the French revolution, American revolution and other revolution you mentioned?

For me it was all in one chapter max 2. does that define what you are taught in entire history?

World wars will be taught in all countries ,I think so, may be some countries don’t teach.

Indian history in other countries , I don’t know. I have not studied there and no one to confirm. But I do think European will do have a mention how sea route to India was discovered and the trade after that.

Just like we had a history of some countries in 2-3 chapters , they too might have some context to India.

Edit : since you edited your post and mentioned ramprasad bismil , bhagat singh , rajguru. I would say I was taught about them in my school.

If people don’t remember them . whose mistake is that ? are the People not to blame rather than blaming the history taught?

Didn’t you mention what I’ll get learning history , isn’t that the same attitude in School as well , where students mug up only to pass the exam. So now you don’t remember those names… whose fault it is?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

@guest_999 ; @playdime  ; @radhe786 I would still say that history taught to me was not focused on Delhi ;in my case maybe history related to Maharashtra was , as I was in state board but does that mean I don’t know other things.

Please read my post, https://www.desidime.com/discussions/history-fo...

I think it is what we remember and what is discussed more now a days..

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
hackerboys wrote:

history me hitler,  french revolution , Nationalism in Europe , ye sb bakwass padhaya jata h 

jiska hmare future job se b kuch lena dena nhi h 

kash hmari education ministry ispar dhyan deke isko change kre , Indian history hi pdhai jae sirf na ki bahar ki faltu bkwas

Hamari padhai ka waise bhi job se kuch lena dena nahi hai bhai 


History to fir bhi sunne Mein faltu lagta hai, mujhe aaj tak ye nahi samajh aaya ke trigonometry ka application kya hai wink 

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

Hamari padhai ka waise bhi job se kuch lena dena nahi hai bhai 


History to fir bhi sunne Mein faltu lagta hai, mujhe aaj tak ye nahi samajh aaya ke trigonometry ka application kya hai wink 

bhai

trigonometry ka use practical life me hai

example :- when civil engineer make bridges they apply basic formula of pythagoras therorem  ( not fully but basic to woi h)

phle m bhi yehi sochta ki kya hi use hai..pr iska use h 

jb tcs hiring krti h to wo basic 10th class ki rd sharma ki aptitude or. Reasoning wale ques puchti h .

do u knw why ??? 

just bcoz they want to test candidate ki wo  coding problm ko solve kr paega ya nhi basically they check mind.. wo kitna logic lga skta h.. 


Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
hackerboys wrote:

bhai

trigonometry ka use practical life me hai

example :- when civil engineer make bridges they apply basic formula of pythagoras therorem  ( not fully but basic to woi h)

phle m bhi yehi sochta ki kya hi use hai..pr iska use h 

jb tcs hiring krti h to wo basic 10th class ki rd sharma ki aptitude or. Reasoning wale ques puchti h .

do u knw why ??? 

just bcoz they want to test candidate ki wo  coding problm ko solve kr paega ya nhi basically they check mind.. wo kitna logic lga skta h.. 


Haan bhai kuch to use hoga hi, but every 10th grader gets that feeling. 


Ussi tarah jisko government job mein jana hai, history aur social science important hojata hai. 


Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

Haan bhai kuch to use hoga hi, but every 10th grader gets that feeling. 


Ussi tarah jisko government job mein jana hai, history aur social science important hojata hai. 


Mahashay aap aajkal Hindi mein jyaada comments kaise kar rahe ho? ,😃

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
saucap wrote:

Mahashay aap aajkal Hindi mein jyaada comments kaise kar rahe ho? ,😃

Bhai aajkal DnD zyada dekhta hoon, and informal communication ke liye Hindi ki uchit hai 

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
hackerboys wrote:

do western people study about indian history .. ?

the answer is NO

then why only we need to study.. 

And wat u r saying is totally different from real life..

we dont need to study French rev or hitler etc. 

go n see outside youth of school dnt knw who was ramprasad bismil , bhagat singh , rajguru. First we should teach them our ancient history then only they can progress , they are forgetting our indian history . Pushing them towards only  western culture will let them forget all our ancient history

do note this. 




do western people study about indian history .. ?

Yes, sir. Scholars do. 🙂

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
hackerboys wrote:

bhai

trigonometry ka use practical life me hai

example :- when civil engineer make bridges they apply basic formula of pythagoras therorem  ( not fully but basic to woi h)

phle m bhi yehi sochta ki kya hi use hai..pr iska use h 

jb tcs hiring krti h to wo basic 10th class ki rd sharma ki aptitude or. Reasoning wale ques puchti h .

do u knw why ??? 

just bcoz they want to test candidate ki wo  coding problm ko solve kr paega ya nhi basically they check mind.. wo kitna logic lga skta h.. 




jb tcs hiring krti h to wo basic 10th class ki rd sharma ki aptitude or. Reasoning wale ques puchti h .

do u knw why ???

Basically they need graduates who can be used as mops. Just use and throw.


Bhai, TCS me entry level job se jyada koi badi hardcore company me try karna jyada achi rahti hai. At least logon kaa mindset wahi honi chahiye. Bade companies me questions tough puchte hain. Btw, IT companies me jo mass recruit kiya jata hai jo. Usko koi graduate karlega. Engineering karne jaruri nai. 



Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

 Nehru and his posse has tried hard to steer the real history of India to appease a few.  Just check our history after 1910 AD. Khilafat movement is celebrated as a national movement. People like Aurobindo are known as only monks. We dont know their involvement in independence of India. Veer Savarkar is portrayed as a terrorist. Real terrorists are given stature of freedom fighters. Only Gandhi and his posse are given importance. Only non violent movement gave independence to India! What about Subhas Bose, Bhagat Singh? Leftist Historians like Bipin Chandra are given priority. Indians are made to feel pity for their own sorrow. Surprisingly they feel very proud about it. It is a long long story. When you speak a lie 1000 times one is bound to take it as truth. A lot of people were sent to Kalapani. We read about The discovery of India by Nehru. What about other! I am so shameless that I don’t know about them. Gotta Google. 😭😭😭 At least I am admitting it. 

If the above statement is false then check the whereabouts of Indian Freedom Fighters. A lot of them perished in impoverished condition. India has treated her real heroes in a very very bad way.

Royal Challengers Bangalore Royal Challengers Bangalore
Link Copied

My history teacher used to make me sit in her chair and tell me to teach the class.

Not because I was good in history, I used to make a lot of mischief in her class ..

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply