Hot Deal Hospitalised | Please Share your Experience

390°
55 Comments  |  
16 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar
3
1927
55
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Bhai one two bad experiences can happen anywhere in the world. But doctors n nurses are literally gods in human form. I respect them a lot

I was just being sarcastic throughout. After all, i wont talk bad about myself, right? wink

Yes, bad experiences can happen. So can complications, unintentional mistakes, side effects, etc etc. The field of medicine and surgery is not so simple and easy. People think diagnosing and treatment is a cakewalk. Let alone surgeries, medical procedures, complex medications and regimes, etc.

See the amount of misinformation and hatred towards doctors in this thread itself. How is a doctor supposed to not get pissed off with this ungrateful lot?

Missing
Deal Captain
38
10384
123
Expand
mas143forever wrote:

I was just being sarcastic throughout. After all, i wont talk bad about myself, right? wink

Yes, bad experiences can happen. So can complications, unintentional mistakes, side effects, etc etc. The field of medicine and surgery is not so simple and easy. People think diagnosing and treatment is a cakewalk. Let alone surgeries, medical procedures, complex medications and regimes, etc.

See the amount of misinformation and hatred towards doctors in this thread itself. How is a doctor supposed to not get pissed off with this ungrateful lot?

🤗🤗🤗🤗

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
10
3055
119
Expand
mas143forever wrote:

I was just being sarcastic throughout. After all, i wont talk bad about myself, right? wink

Yes, bad experiences can happen. So can complications, unintentional mistakes, side effects, etc etc. The field of medicine and surgery is not so simple and easy. People think diagnosing and treatment is a cakewalk. Let alone surgeries, medical procedures, complex medications and regimes, etc.

See the amount of misinformation and hatred towards doctors in this thread itself. How is a doctor supposed to not get pissed off with this ungrateful lot?

You make it sound like doctors are doing charity smile

Missing
Deal Subedar
3
1927
55
Expand
papa_kancha wrote:

You make it sound like doctors are doing charity smile

No, they are not. And they are not supposed to, either. Charity can be done by anyone and everyone. A doctor needs to be good at saving lives, that is their primary responsibility. And also provide charity on need basis. But lets not forget, at the end of they day, they also have families to feed and take care of. They also need to be paid for the work done.

But the least one can do towards the medical fraternity is to be grateful. The conditions here in our country are not very conducive for doctors. Neither the pay, nor the facilities, nor the ease to get degrees and training, then people attacking doctors, breaking hospitals, non compliance with the treatment and then landing up with irreversible damage, the list goes on and on.

Instead of attributing all the wrongs in the country to the doctors, one should be considerate. If the govt hospital is not clean or equipped, why dont the people ask the govt to provide for it? Why dont people ask for the facilities before voting for politicians? What can the doctors do if the government expenditure on health is zilch? People go to corporate hospitals for 5 star facilities, and then blame the doctors for it. Why not boycott those hospitals run mostly by businessmen than doctors?

As with any other field, there are malpractices and wrongdoings by medical professionals as well. But those are all illegal, and there are legal options against those. Dont blame the whole fraternity for the wrongs of a few.

And yes, I dont believe your case that in all those hospitals you visited, all the doctors and nurses couldnt insert catheters and IV, couldnt diagnose, caused electrolyte imbalances, etc etc. There can be few situations like this, rarely. But not the way you exaggerated.

There are conditions, when the veins could be hard to find, hard to insert catheters, or even record BP, or intubate a patient. But all these are rarities, not the norm, and most of these are because of patient or case specific cause, not necessarily due to the doctor or nurse.

So, it would be nice to see some respect and gratefulness from the public as well. Otherwise, as I said, everyone is free to enter this field, give their 15 years and efforts to become specialists themselves, and then they can treat themselves for the rest of their leftover lives. Also do some charity along.

Missing
Deal Cadet
107
934
7
Expand
mas143forever wrote:

Was that doctor born directly aged 55 and with experience of all cases?

Please stop your propaganda/hatred against doctors. If you had to go through the same hassles of preparing for NEET UG, then coping up the 5.5 (plus any backs) years of MBBS, and then again years and efforts for PG preparation, and then again 3 years of torture in PG. Then again DM for super specialisation. Leave alone the crazy amount of books to read, things to memorise, complicated situations to cope up, efforts taken just to pass exams, and the sacrifices made in terms of personal enjoyments during the whole journey.
You have probably done none of those, and still dont miss a chance to come up with your absurd views.

So many people have shown their ungrateful nature towards the medicos in this thread, mostly for things for which he is not even responsible. It makes one really doubt why to even work in this ungrateful environment. Let people study those books themselves, diagnose at home, and treat themselves with their home-made herbs without any side effects.

Looks like you are frustrated. How about reading the above post again ?

Hint: You need to be simpleminded and practical to understand the above subject.

Missing
Deal Cadet
107
934
7
Expand
mas143forever wrote:

No, they are not. And they are not supposed to, either. Charity can be done by anyone and everyone. A doctor needs to be good at saving lives, that is their primary responsibility. And also provide charity on need basis. But lets not forget, at the end of they day, they also have families to feed and take care of. They also need to be paid for the work done.

But the least one can do towards the medical fraternity is to be grateful. The conditions here in our country are not very conducive for doctors. Neither the pay, nor the facilities, nor the ease to get degrees and training, then people attacking doctors, breaking hospitals, non compliance with the treatment and then landing up with irreversible damage, the list goes on and on.

Instead of attributing all the wrongs in the country to the doctors, one should be considerate. If the govt hospital is not clean or equipped, why dont the people ask the govt to provide for it? Why dont people ask for the facilities before voting for politicians? What can the doctors do if the government expenditure on health is zilch? People go to corporate hospitals for 5 star facilities, and then blame the doctors for it. Why not boycott those hospitals run mostly by businessmen than doctors?

As with any other field, there are malpractices and wrongdoings by medical professionals as well. But those are all illegal, and there are legal options against those. Dont blame the whole fraternity for the wrongs of a few.

And yes, I dont believe your case that in all those hospitals you visited, all the doctors and nurses couldnt insert catheters and IV, couldnt diagnose, caused electrolyte imbalances, etc etc. There can be few situations like this, rarely. But not the way you exaggerated.

There are conditions, when the veins could be hard to find, hard to insert catheters, or even record BP, or intubate a patient. But all these are rarities, not the norm, and most of these are because of patient or case specific cause, not necessarily due to the doctor or nurse.

So, it would be nice to see some respect and gratefulness from the public as well. Otherwise, as I said, everyone is free to enter this field, give their 15 years and efforts to become specialists themselves, and then they can treat themselves for the rest of their leftover lives. Also do some charity along.

>>>
People go to corporate hospitals for 5 star facilities, and then blame the doctors for it. Why not boycott those hospitals run mostly by businessmen than doctors?
>>>
You are also suggesting to avoid corporate hospitals.

Thats what I said….You might have misunderstood or missed to read my posts. For your convenience, reprinting them here.


AVOID going to hospital as long as you are able to survive on your own.
AVOID going to corporate hospitals. Doctors need to fill up the beds/rooms as part of their agreement with the hospitals.

If it is required to see doctor, always go to doctors of above 55years age and who is running his own clinic/hospital (both conditions should match, it is AND condition not OR condition).

Senior doctors (with own clinic/hospital) handle more cases hence will have a better understanding of the disease.
If you go to any junior doctor of <55 would have handled less cases , hence they do the research on you for that disease (with multiple rounds of hospital visits and multiple different types of medicines. Kind of trial and error.)

Senior doctors (with own clinic/hospital) follow some ethics. Otherwise they lose credibility since the doctor/hospital publicity is through mouth to mouth.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
10
3055
119
Expand
mas143forever wrote:

No, they are not. And they are not supposed to, either. Charity can be done by anyone and everyone. A doctor needs to be good at saving lives, that is their primary responsibility. And also provide charity on need basis. But lets not forget, at the end of they day, they also have families to feed and take care of. They also need to be paid for the work done.

But the least one can do towards the medical fraternity is to be grateful. The conditions here in our country are not very conducive for doctors. Neither the pay, nor the facilities, nor the ease to get degrees and training, then people attacking doctors, breaking hospitals, non compliance with the treatment and then landing up with irreversible damage, the list goes on and on.

Instead of attributing all the wrongs in the country to the doctors, one should be considerate. If the govt hospital is not clean or equipped, why dont the people ask the govt to provide for it? Why dont people ask for the facilities before voting for politicians? What can the doctors do if the government expenditure on health is zilch? People go to corporate hospitals for 5 star facilities, and then blame the doctors for it. Why not boycott those hospitals run mostly by businessmen than doctors?

As with any other field, there are malpractices and wrongdoings by medical professionals as well. But those are all illegal, and there are legal options against those. Dont blame the whole fraternity for the wrongs of a few.

And yes, I dont believe your case that in all those hospitals you visited, all the doctors and nurses couldnt insert catheters and IV, couldnt diagnose, caused electrolyte imbalances, etc etc. There can be few situations like this, rarely. But not the way you exaggerated.

There are conditions, when the veins could be hard to find, hard to insert catheters, or even record BP, or intubate a patient. But all these are rarities, not the norm, and most of these are because of patient or case specific cause, not necessarily due to the doctor or nurse.

So, it would be nice to see some respect and gratefulness from the public as well. Otherwise, as I said, everyone is free to enter this field, give their 15 years and efforts to become specialists themselves, and then they can treat themselves for the rest of their leftover lives. Also do some charity along.

doctors get the highest respect among all the professions, they are treated like god, just dont expect that on dd. On dd we are more critical of everything.

How about doctors being grateful, sincere, honest and respectful towards the trust and faith towards patients who are parting with their hard earned money in lakhs of rupees? Just like any other profession? hahaha.

Missing
Deal Subedar
123
2370
16

Thsi was in news 2 months back

Delhi police have busted a gang of doctor and his partner accused of giving fake Covid-19 test reports. Operating in the from Malviya Nagar area of South Delhi, the duo tested more than 75 people for Coronavirus at a rate of Rs 2400 per test.

https://www.dnaindia.com/delhi/report-delhi-doc...

Missing
Deal Subedar
123
2370
16
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Bhai one two bad experiences can happen anywhere in the world. But doctors n nurses are literally gods in human form. I respect them a lot

sahee baat

Missing
Deal Subedar
3
1927
55
Expand
ramadesidime wrote:

Looks like you are frustrated. How about reading the above post again ?

Hint: You need to be simpleminded and practical to understand the above subject.

Am I frustrated? No.

Am I frustrated with you? Yes. Let me tell you why.

1. You call diseases like Diabetes (and Hypertension?) as conspiracies, talking a lot about cut-offs, even without knowing a thing about how and why are the cut-offs decided.

2. You continue to propagate your ignorance ( https://www.desidime.com/discussions/cholestero... ) , with such stubborn-ness, risking the lives of others, who might be suffering from these diseases.

As a doctor, I understand how this ignorance can cause so much damage to the patients. But a layman patient, without that knowledge, can so easily be tricked into all these quackery, landing up with both acute and chronic complications. You are doing exactly that here – Quackery. Without taking responsibility. Are you going to take responsibility for even a single person’s condition worsening because of you ?

Just because this is an open forum, and is free for all to say anything, should not make people propagate their ignorance especially with regards to others’ health.

I know, and I have seen, people coming for complications and emergencies after trying out multiple alternatives and superstitions. Does anyone come forward to take responsibility in that case?

So yes, I am frustrated to see people playing with other’s lives, so casually.

Missing
Deal Subedar
3
1927
55
Expand
papa_kancha wrote:

doctors get the highest respect among all the professions, they are treated like god, just dont expect that on dd. On dd we are more critical of everything.

How about doctors being grateful, sincere, honest and respectful towards the trust and faith towards patients who are parting with their hard earned money in lakhs of rupees? Just like any other profession? hahaha.

No need to go to the extremes of calling them gods, just basic mutual respect and admiration for each other would go a long way in keeping things nice and good.

On DD, I see a lot of ignorance as well (see the above comment, go through his thread. you would understand). So criticism does not have to include lies or disrespect or blatant generalisation.

As for not getting proper service for the lakhs of money spent, a patient can always go to courts and demand adequate compensation. Medical care comes under consumer protection act, unless it was provided without any charge.

Missing
Deal Cadet
542
408
11
Expand
mas143forever wrote:

No need to go to the extremes of calling them gods, just basic mutual respect and admiration for each other would go a long way in keeping things nice and good.

On DD, I see a lot of ignorance as well (see the above comment, go through his thread. you would understand). So criticism does not have to include lies or disrespect or blatant generalisation.

As for not getting proper service for the lakhs of money spent, a patient can always go to courts and demand adequate compensation. Medical care comes under consumer protection act, unless it was provided without any charge.

Are you calling sharing knowledge/opinion as ignorance ? I think you are the most frustrated person on this thread.
And of current situation we are made fools daily in every walk of life and we can’t even utter a word about it.

Missing
Deal Subedar
3
1927
55
Expand
nikhilp1 wrote:

Are you calling sharing knowledge/opinion as ignorance ? I think you are the most frustrated person on this thread.
And of current situation we are made fools daily in every walk of life and we can’t even utter a word about it.

Sharing knowledge about medicine, encouraging super duper high LDL levels in a patient of Diabetes/Hypertension, against the whole medical and scientific literature ? Probably Ignorance.

Calling Diabetes/ Hypertension as conspiracy theories by Doctors/Pharma companies ?Definitely Ignorance.

You are obviously free to believe otherwise.

Edit – Its good to share one’s knowledge, opinions, experiences. But exception has to be made for unproven/illogical medical advises, as it involves the lives and health of people. Many a times, such damages arising out of wrong medical advises tend to be irreversible. May also result in death.

Missing
Deal Cadet
107
934
7
Expand
mas143forever wrote:

Am I frustrated? No.

Am I frustrated with you? Yes. Let me tell you why.

1. You call diseases like Diabetes (and Hypertension?) as conspiracies, talking a lot about cut-offs, even without knowing a thing about how and why are the cut-offs decided.

2. You continue to propagate your ignorance ( https://www.desidime.com/discussions/cholestero... ) , with such stubborn-ness, risking the lives of others, who might be suffering from these diseases.

As a doctor, I understand how this ignorance can cause so much damage to the patients. But a layman patient, without that knowledge, can so easily be tricked into all these quackery, landing up with both acute and chronic complications. You are doing exactly that here – Quackery. Without taking responsibility. Are you going to take responsibility for even a single person’s condition worsening because of you ?

Just because this is an open forum, and is free for all to say anything, should not make people propagate their ignorance especially with regards to others’ health.

I know, and I have seen, people coming for complications and emergencies after trying out multiple alternatives and superstitions. Does anyone come forward to take responsibility in that case?

So yes, I am frustrated to see people playing with other’s lives, so casually.

>>>
Sharing knowledge about medicine, encouraging super duper high LDL levels in a patient of Diabetes/Hypertension, against the whole medical and scientific literature ? Probably Ignorance.

Calling Diabetes/ Hypertension as conspiracy theories by Doctors/Pharma companies ?Definitely Ignorance.
>>>

It is not ignorance. Today’s generation patients are much better knowledgeable than doctors at times.

If you are interested to discuss further about the diabetes and Hypertension, please come to the below thread.

You yourself will know, how people are trapped by these so called corporate medical mafia(Hospitals+Pharmacy companies+Insurance companies+Testing Labs).

https://www.desidime.com/discussions/cholestero...

Missing
Entertainer
42
2884
32
_One_Miller_ wrote:

Feels like 25 star hotel

Suspend ho gaye bhaiyyaji. Ka kiye ho?

@bikidas2060 wo alag pyaar ki bat kr rhe sir. No incest. 🙌

To OP in pvt hospital you are paying for service. If you are not getting what you want shift to other hospital.
In govt hospital complain to CMO/DEAN regarding misconduct bad service. But believe me the load on govt hospital is so much even if they make/build something good it becomes bhangaar in 2 3 days.

To those arguing nurses doctor can’t insert iv line catheters etc. Everyone starts somewhere. Nobody comes with everything learned from womb.
Medicine surgery is trial and error method.
One just can’t wait for becoming 55 and suddenly opening hospital 😁😁
I do believe GOVERNMENT doctors are doing charity.(RESIDENTS to be specific)
If you don’t like flipkart use amazon , swiggi nahi to zomato etc etc. Same with pvt hospital. Get taste of PVT hospital 😆

Missing
Deal Captain
38
10384
123
Expand
P_A_N_K_A_J wrote:

Suspend ho gaye bhaiyyaji. Ka kiye ho?

@bikidas2060 wo alag pyaar ki bat kr rhe sir. No incest. 🙌

To OP in pvt hospital you are paying for service. If you are not getting what you want shift to other hospital.
In govt hospital complain to CMO/DEAN regarding misconduct bad service. But believe me the load on govt hospital is so much even if they make/build something good it becomes bhangaar in 2 3 days.

To those arguing nurses doctor can’t insert iv line catheters etc. Everyone starts somewhere. Nobody comes with everything learned from womb.
Medicine surgery is trial and error method.
One just can’t wait for becoming 55 and suddenly opening hospital 😁😁
I do believe GOVERNMENT doctors are doing charity.(RESIDENTS to be specific)
If you don’t like flipkart use amazon , swiggi nahi to zomato etc etc. Same with pvt hospital. Get taste of PVT hospital 😆

Goverment doctors are real Gods. 🙂🙂🙂🙂

Missing
Deal Subedar
3
1927
55
Expand
ramadesidime wrote:

>>>
Sharing knowledge about medicine, encouraging super duper high LDL levels in a patient of Diabetes/Hypertension, against the whole medical and scientific literature ? Probably Ignorance.

Calling Diabetes/ Hypertension as conspiracy theories by Doctors/Pharma companies ?Definitely Ignorance.
>>>

It is not ignorance. Today’s generation patients are much better knowledgeable than doctors at times.

If you are interested to discuss further about the diabetes and Hypertension, please come to the below thread.

You yourself will know, how people are trapped by these so called corporate medical mafia(Hospitals+Pharmacy companies+Insurance companies+Testing Labs).

https://www.desidime.com/discussions/cholestero...

I tried. In that very thread. Many others tried. But your stubborn ness knows no limits. Thats why those who were trying, understood it was all futile. It still is futile. So, I can only say best of luck to you and anyone who wishes to listen to your medical avises and conspiracies.

As far as some patients becoming more knowledgeable than the DM/M.Ch doctor they are visiting, I would like to congratulate them for that. Hopefully, the doctor will visit them the next time for getting himself treated. smile

Missing
Deal Subedar
79
1508
1
bftb wrote:

My experience:

I survived, my bank account didn’t.

For doctors, this COVID is: A BLESSING IN DISGUISE

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
10
3055
119
Expand
mas143forever wrote:

No need to go to the extremes of calling them gods, just basic mutual respect and admiration for each other would go a long way in keeping things nice and good.

On DD, I see a lot of ignorance as well (see the above comment, go through his thread. you would understand). So criticism does not have to include lies or disrespect or blatant generalisation.

As for not getting proper service for the lakhs of money spent, a patient can always go to courts and demand adequate compensation. Medical care comes under consumer protection act, unless it was provided without any charge.

I’am not going to extremes, its the general view of the people, and I’ve seen that myself in the hospitals, and also the same people doing the opposite as well. I don’t subscribe to that at all, I was just replying to your statement of doctors being giving respect in general.

I guess, the generalization, and ignorance is okay from a laymen pov. Its the duty of the doctors to educate the patient as well. Coming to lies, doctors are no saints either, especially surgeons.

In India courts, and police are a sham, that’s why doctors and hospitals get away from day light robbery, and murder. And also, pretty much everyone else.

Missing
Deal Subedar
3
1927
55
Expand
papa_kancha wrote:

I’am not going to extremes, its the general view of the people, and I’ve seen that myself in the hospitals, and also the same people doing the opposite as well. I don’t subscribe to that at all, I was just replying to your statement of doctors being giving respect in general.

I guess, the generalization, and ignorance is okay from a laymen pov. Its the duty of the doctors to educate the patient as well. Coming to lies, doctors are no saints either, especially surgeons.

In India courts, and police are a sham, that’s why doctors and hospitals get away from day light robbery, and murder. And also, pretty much everyone else.

Ok.

Missing