Hot Deal

How OLX Autos Fool Us

325°
Beacon
hdsbunny

Just because we see a brand name like OLX Auto, CarDekho, Droom, etc, it doesn’t mean they would be honest while selling us second hand cars. Here is my own experience.

I wanted to buy a second hand Honda City. I checked many second hand car sites to search for a good one at good price and finally found one listed on OLX, under OLX Autos in Preet Vihar, Delhi. I went to Preet Vihar and visited their branch which was associated with a local dealer Hanuman Motors. Two guys welcomed us – Atul, the representative guy from OLX Autos and Devan, the local dealer (owner of hanuman motors). They were quite polite and showed me the car which was in good condition (I know these second hand dealers repair out some bumps and dents). The documents also looked fine. Atul assured me that everything was checked and was legit. The car had mileage meter at 65000. I liked the car and having assurance from OLX Autos,  I felt confident so I completed the deal then and there. One month later, when I was going through the old service documents, I noticed that the mileage was written as 120000 something – It was written in small font so I didn’t noticed it earlier.

This means they had altered the mileage meter and hid this from me. Even the guy from OLX Autos lied about having everything checked. I already have done a heated talk on phone with them and complained to OLX Autos in mail but not much can be done now. I am thinking of complaining at consumer forum. Take lessons from my experience – Always do due diligence for used car minutely as these brand names and their assurance don’t mean anything. And avoid Hanuman Motors in Preet Vihar, Delhi if you in market for used car.

Expired
27 Comments  |  
17 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

You can always get the history of the car from authorised service centre, if the car has been always serviced at the authorised service centre. You can also get vehicle accident details, if any

Beacon Beacon
Link Copied

@myfungang829 You’re right. I was careless. What is appalling is that how brand names like OLX Autos too lie directly to our face – They told me everything being told is checked and is legit true. It waa later that I found out it was all lies.

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Wait, OLX has a brand value as well? It’s like ShopClues selling products with tag of “fulfilled by ShopClues”

Beacon Beacon
Link Copied

@Tejaa Yeah, I found it the hard way. All those ads on TV which portray that these branded second hand car sellers like Olx Autos, CarDekho, CarWale, Droom, etc make sure everything is good in your next used car, actually got to me. Truth is that your local dealer just strike a deal with them – The thing you would be getting are just fake assurances.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

One doubt: Did OLX mentioned in any documents/website that mileage meter was just 65k or just the Atul who fooled you for meeting his targets?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Yesterday i booked the cab, they mentioned price is gona vary depending on traffic, they showed price 599 – 899rs and exact amount gona show after ride lol, earlier also depending on traffic stops/halts dey used to charge, but now new nonsense direct 300rs difference, simply fooling customers..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
beamchota wrote:

Yesterday i booked the cab, they mentioned price is gona vary depending on traffic, they showed price 599 – 899rs and exact amount gona show after ride lol, earlier also depending on traffic stops/halts dey used to charge, but now new nonsense direct 300rs difference, simply fooling customers..

Bro OP posted about OLX auto not OLA auto 😦

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
10ven wrote:

Bro OP posted about OLX auto not OLA auto 😦

may be OLA auto bought the auto from OLX auto and fooling people to recover money 😜

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Never ever buy a second hand car from a dealer…or any fancy stores like olx, ola, cardekho etc etc Especially in delhi ncr…. It is a golden thumb rule…. 

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
batmanBABA wrote:

Never ever buy a second hand car from a dealer…or any fancy stores like olx, ola, cardekho etc etc Especially in delhi ncr…. It is a golden thumb rule…. 

then how to buy ? We may not have that many contacts to explore and get it from a known person.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Mr.Bean wrote:

then how to buy ? We may not have that many contacts to explore and get it from a known person.

Search for it….. Or else be ready to get dumped….

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

bro delhi me to meter tampering aam baat h

or ye olx autos esa krega ummed ni thi.. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
10ven wrote:

Bro OP posted about OLX auto not OLA auto 😦

Ya just sharing full scams, not intrstd again in new thred. I just post randomly check my other coments. :/

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
batmanBABA wrote:

Search for it….. Or else be ready to get dumped….

Where do the owners generally post their ads ?. It’s again on Olx and quikr right ?. Then whom to trust ?

How about Maruti Truevalue and similar kind of show room cars….

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Mr.Bean wrote:

Where do the owners generally post their ads ?. It’s again on Olx and quikr right ?. Then whom to trust ?

How about Maruti Truevalue and similar kind of show room cars….

Finding a good second hand vehicle is like finding a good wife.baaki aap samaj jao.
cars24,droom,olx autos and all other automobile websites which deal in reselling cars+local vehicle dealers unke liye ek hi baat yaad aati ha

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Mr.Bean wrote:

Where do the owners generally post their ads ?. It’s again on Olx and quikr right ?. Then whom to trust ?

How about Maruti Truevalue and similar kind of show room cars….

Maruti is still good.. But u will get very much used cars especially the diesel ones…. But they usually dont tamper the meters…. Olx and quikr is also full of thugs…. Best way is peer groups…. There are lot of fb groups also…. There is a channel dds…. And lot of other channels on youtube…. They can also get u some deals….

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
batmanBABA wrote:

Maruti is still good.. But u will get very much used cars especially the diesel ones…. But they usually dont tamper the meters…. Olx and quikr is also full of thugs….

some are good with Maruti truevalue. if you are lucky and have contacts and patience you will get best deals. A friend got 8000 kms done 2014 wagonr for a best price there. in mint condition.

I didn’t get the other stuffs you mentioned in your post. Can you please elaborate or PM me the links to these sources ?

>Best way is peer groups….
>There are lot of fb groups also…. There is a channel dds…. And lot of other >channels on youtube…. They can also get u some deals….

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Mr.Bean wrote:

some are good with Maruti truevalue. if you are lucky and have contacts and patience you will get best deals. A friend got 8000 kms done 2014 wagonr for a best price there. in mint condition.

I didn’t get the other stuffs you mentioned in your post. Can you please elaborate or PM me the links to these sources ?

>Best way is peer groups….
>There are lot of fb groups also…. There is a channel dds…. And lot of other >channels on youtube…. They can also get u some deals….

On youtube channels like dds…. They do a lot of q&a sessions…. There people ask about selling or buying their car, s… They can connect u to the sellers…. Peer group means ur friends, colleagues, relatives… Aas pados…. Indians are good in transfer of news….

Search dds on youtube…. U can contact him on insta if u wnt help… These people have large peer groups… One gagan Choudhary… Automobile reviewer…he has a large whatsapp and telegram group…. They can help….

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
batmanBABA wrote:

On youtube channels like dds…. They do a lot of q&a sessions…. There people ask about selling or buying their car, s… They can connect u to the sellers…. Peer group means ur friends, colleagues, relatives… Aas pados…. Indians are good in transfer of news….

Search dds on youtube…. U can contact him on insta if u wnt help… These people have large peer groups… One gagan Choudhary… Automobile reviewer…he has a large whatsapp and telegram group…. They can help….

Will check it.. Thanks for elaborating.

Mumbai Indians Mumbai Indians
Link Copied
Expand
batmanBABA wrote:

On youtube channels like dds…. They do a lot of q&a sessions…. There people ask about selling or buying their car, s… They can connect u to the sellers…. Peer group means ur friends, colleagues, relatives… Aas pados…. Indians are good in transfer of news….

Search dds on youtube…. U can contact him on insta if u wnt help… These people have large peer groups… One gagan Choudhary… Automobile reviewer…he has a large whatsapp and telegram group…. They can help….

Can’t find any telegram channel, can you please DM gagan’s channel.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Mr.Bean wrote:

some are good with Maruti truevalue. if you are lucky and have contacts and patience you will get best deals. A friend got 8000 kms done 2014 wagonr for a best price there. in mint condition.

I didn’t get the other stuffs you mentioned in your post. Can you please elaborate or PM me the links to these sources ?

>Best way is peer groups….
>There are lot of fb groups also…. There is a channel dds…. And lot of other >channels on youtube…. They can also get u some deals….

check out automobile related forums + @Rituparnadas

+ @shoaibmax can also share his inputs

Delhi Capitals Delhi Capitals
Link Copied

isnt maruti run somethinng from it aurhorised center and its quite trustible 

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
demerius2020 wrote:

isnt maruti run somethinng from it aurhorised center and its quite trustible 

Maruti True value

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

By looking at gear knob, ABC pedals, drive belts etc. One can get a rough estimate about a cars running. 


Rajasthan Royals Rajasthan Royals
Link Copied
Expand
Mr.Bean wrote:

Where do the owners generally post their ads ?. It’s again on Olx and quikr right ?. Then whom to trust ?

How about Maruti Truevalue and similar kind of show room cars….

search on team-bhp.com classified.

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

ODO tempering in used car market is very common. As a customer, one should verify the service records with the service center before finalizing the car. In-fact most service centers will also thoroughly check out the car for you and give a rough idea about the overall condition for a fee( usually under 1000 Rs). One should also check for accidental history while looking out for a used car. Minor fender benders are fine but its better to avoid cars with heavily repaired bodies. You can get this information from service center if car was repaired there. last not the least, there are tons of informative videos on Youtube from used car experts/mechanics explaining the Do’s and Don’t about buying a used car. 

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
demerius2020 wrote:

isnt maruti run somethinng from it aurhorised center and its quite trustible 

but are their cars trustable?

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply