How to Find New Mobile Number is Really New and Not Used Before?

251°
Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1212
13

I’m planning to purchase a New mobile number.
Is there any way to find that no one has used that number before, no history to it and that I’ll be the first one to ever get that number?

39 Comments  |  
18 Dimers
Missing
Community Angel
68
11880
224

May ben there is way , even if you get new number that number also used already , so here my experience
I have bought Reliance CDMA SIM which is New but i have received wrong calls from Gujarat , so number was already used,

I have bought Bsnl postpaid SIM which is New but i have received wrong calls from another state , so all New packed numbers are already sold !

But here you can get Fancy numbers like ending or starting with 786 , that are New only. But cost.much upto 500/- wink

Missing
Deal Major
7,180
23785
299

Search through Google, Truecaller
or add it to contacts and see if there’s any WhatsApp or Telegram account already
If you get zero results for it, then it is new

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
194
4878
62

Curious to know why u need this brand new number. Is it just to avoid marketing spam?

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4240
59

Representatives know it somehow.

Once I was in an Airtel Store, a man was there to get a new connection for his wife the representative checked for numbers that man chosen and said this is an old num and your wife may get wrong calls.. he chosen another.

Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1212
13
syed786 wrote:

May ben there is way , even if you get new number that number also used already , so here my experience
I have bought Reliance CDMA SIM which is New but i have received wrong calls from Gujarat , so number was already used,

I have bought Bsnl postpaid SIM which is New but i have received wrong calls from another state , so all New packed numbers are already sold !

But here you can get Fancy numbers like ending or starting with 786 , that are New only. But cost.much upto 500/- wink

In your case it was new for you but someone else had abandoned it earlier. I had bought a MTNL number 4-5 years ago and never received any unsolicited messages or calls whatsoever at all over a period of 3 years so I can say that it was new. I want to avoid those abandoned numbers, god only knows what history they may have behind them. Thanks for the input though

Missing
Community Angel
127
33437
551
syed786 wrote:

May ben there is way , even if you get new number that number also used already , so here my experience
I have bought Reliance CDMA SIM which is New but i have received wrong calls from Gujarat , so number was already used,

I have bought Bsnl postpaid SIM which is New but i have received wrong calls from another state , so all New packed numbers are already sold !

But here you can get Fancy numbers like ending or starting with 786 , that are New only. But cost.much upto 500/- wink

Just 500?
I saw fancy numbers going upto 5000

Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1212
13
getready wrote:

Search through Google, Truecaller
or add it to contacts and see if there’s any WhatsApp or Telegram accounts already
If you get zero results for it, then it is new

That’s workable but sometimes it’s not a sure way to be sure. But yes, I will run a check on these when i buy one. Thanks

Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1212
13
caks2006407 wrote:

Curious to know why u need this brand new number. Is it just to avoid marketing spam?

That’s one reason but very minor one. I gave my current number at hell lot of places and don’t even remember them all. It’s been 14 years since I have had this as my one and only primary number. I want to start afresh and keep a control on who or where I give it to

Missing
Community Angel
68
11880
224
Expand
androgame wrote:

Just 500?
I saw fancy numbers going upto 5000

Depends on sellers, My friend bought it  just for Rs. 350 ,so you can negotiate to get it more cheaper smile

Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1212
13
161508 wrote:

Representatives know it somehow.

Once I was in an Airtel Store, a man was there to get a new connection for his wife the representative checked for numbers that man chosen and said this is an old num and your wife may get wrong calls.. he chosen another.

I think this works more on luck. I can definitely ask operators and I’m sure they can definitely find out if that number belonged to someone else but what if they lie? Can’t be sure

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
59
2

Yes they can generally check.the number history in their system .I can confirm about that ,they once told.me.about past owner
.

Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1212
13
Expand
androgame wrote:

Just 500?
I saw fancy numbers going upto 5000

Just few days ago i met someone who said they bought a number with last 6 digits same for 150000

Missing
Entertainer
42
2222
28

In 2017-2018 i had bought 3 jio sims. No wrong numbers whatsoever. Bought vodafone and airtel too. Only one vodafone gave multiple wrong numbers from MP. Was so irritated. Finally discarded the sim.
So would suggest to get one jio and if you don’t like jio port it after 90 days for keeping the number same😅
Or maybe i was lucky enough so not got used one. Others may have got old made new sims.
Also getting some fancy numbers would be better as not many choose 5000 rupee sim over 50 rupee

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4240
59
getready wrote:

Search through Google, Truecaller
or add it to contacts and see if there’s any WhatsApp or Telegram accounts already
If you get zero results for it, then it is new

That is not going to work.. I haven’t registered my main number on Whatsapp, Telegram, and also unlisted from Truecaller…

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4240
59
Expand
cocay wrote:

I think this works more on luck. I can definitely ask operators and I’m sure they can definitely find out if that number belonged to someone else but what if they lie? Can’t be sure

Why will they lie on this… Anyway you are getting a new connection from them. Visit store of the operator you like, they will surely help.

Missing
Deal Cadet
91
170
3

try to buy from official store such as Airtel or vodafone stores. they can check in their system and get the entire allotment history of sim.

I was once trying to buy a vodafone sim and went to voda store and they were able to check the history of the number.
The store person told me the chances of reused number are higher in prepaid since these numbers are allotted to foreigners who come to visit India and get the number for a limited time based on their visa validity. Once the validity is expired , sim gets disabled and is recycled.

so even if you buy a prepaid sim , ask them to check if it was allotted to someone and how long ago, if recent allotment dont buy that one.

Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1212
13
getready wrote:

Search through Google, Truecaller
or add it to contacts and see if there’s any WhatsApp or Telegram accounts already
If you get zero results for it, then it is new

I searched my number on Google just now and some idiot has listed it as their business’s (totally unrelated to me) primary contact number. Fortunately i have not received any calls for that business till today…
And this business is on Facebook

Missing
Community Angel
68
11880
224

Another experience herewith Vodafone – I have used a sim and won’t recharge it for 3 months and got Invalid , so contacted care they told it has been already packed as new and sent to market – Here my Paytm balance was there without OTP i can’t use , so tried search a month to buy that same number again – One day on the Eve of New Year someone seller conducted a Free SIM campaign then i had took a search for.my number , where Finally received that same.number which was gone 4 months ago , so just bought it again and claimed my Paytm balance of Rs. 1200 smile

Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1212
13
raj7254 wrote:

try to buy from official store such as Airtel or vodafone stores. they can check in their system and get the entire allotment history of sim.

I was once trying to buy a vodafone sim and went to voda store and they were able to check the history of the number.
The store person told me the chances of reused number are higher in prepaid since these numbers are allotted to foreigners who come to visit India and get the number for a limited time based on their visa validity. Once the validity is expired , sim gets disabled and is recycled.

so even if you buy a prepaid sim , ask them to check if it was allotted to someone and how long ago, if recent allotment dont buy that one.

It seems this is the only sure shot way to find out. That’s what I’ll do. Thanks

Missing
Deal Subedar
95
1222
26

Buy New Number With New Series.

Once I Ported From Voda To Bsnl And Then I Started Receiving Calls From Unknown Numbers ( Not Tele Callers) Asking For Unknown Names. Few Times It Came Then I Had To Block Manually Each Number.

So You Can’t Be Sure As The Person Selling Sim Can Sell Your Number Later On Too.

Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1212
13
M.MAHI wrote:

Buy New Number With New Series.

Once I Ported From Voda To Bsnl And Then I Started Receiving Calls From Unknown Numbers ( Not Tele Callers) Asking For Unknown Names. Few Times It Came Then I Had To Block Manually Each Number.

So You Can’t Be Sure As The Person Selling Sim Can Sell Your Number Later On Too.

Well yeah, that risk is always there but can’t do anything about it

Missing
Community Angel
127
33437
551
Expand
syed786 wrote:

Depends on sellers, My friend bought it  just for Rs. 350 ,so you can negotiate to get it more cheaper smile

Depends on number bro wink

Missing
Deal Cadet
129
128
1
syed786 wrote:

Another experience herewith Vodafone – I have used a sim and won’t recharge it for 3 months and got Invalid , so contacted care they told it has been already packed as new and sent to market – Here my Paytm balance was there without OTP i can’t use , so tried search a month to buy that same number again – One day on the Eve of New Year someone seller conducted a Free SIM campaign then i had took a search for.my number , where Finally received that same.number which was gone 4 months ago , so just bought it again and claimed my Paytm balance of Rs. 1200 smile

U are lucky to find the same number again man

Missing
Deal Cadet
129
128
1

How to delete Paytm ,mobikwik other accounts with fake KYC having my mobile no which i am not going to recharge and I’m going to discard.as said by the @syed786 if someone had got his number and if he used that number for creating a Paytm account then he can easily login and use the account see order history etc wich i want to prevent . @Roushh @rogerthat @androgame @cocay

Missing
Community Angel
127
33437
551
looter_no1 wrote:

How to delete Paytm ,mobikwik other accounts with fake KYC having my mobile no which i am not going to recharge and I’m going to discard.as said by the @syed786 if someone had got his number and if he used that number for creating a Paytm account then he can easily login and use the account see order history etc wich i want to prevent . @Roushh @rogerthat @androgame @cocay

There is no permanent solution but you can always ask these sites to block your wallet, they never delete your details from their platform though, on Internet you can’t erase your identity that easily

Missing
Community Angel
127
33437
551
looter_no1 wrote:

How to delete Paytm ,mobikwik other accounts with fake KYC having my mobile no which i am not going to recharge and I’m going to discard.as said by the @syed786 if someone had got his number and if he used that number for creating a Paytm account then he can easily login and use the account see order history etc wich i want to prevent . @Roushh @rogerthat @androgame @cocay

Another option is to update your new number in the same accounts

Missing
Community Angel
68
11880
224
looter_no1 wrote:

How to delete Paytm ,mobikwik other accounts with fake KYC having my mobile no which i am not going to recharge and I’m going to discard.as said by the @syed786 if someone had got his number and if he used that number for creating a Paytm account then he can easily login and use the account see order history etc wich i want to prevent . @Roushh @rogerthat @androgame @cocay

You can contact CC of wallet to do the same , after contact they de-link KYC , documents related to it , so in future same number can be registered agin with new account , it takes time may be 15 days .

Missing
Community Angel
67
4338
50

Try to get new jio number with series 63

Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1212
13
looter_no1 wrote:

How to delete Paytm ,mobikwik other accounts with fake KYC having my mobile no which i am not going to recharge and I’m going to discard.as said by the @syed786 if someone had got his number and if he used that number for creating a Paytm account then he can easily login and use the account see order history etc wich i want to prevent . @Roushh @rogerthat @androgame @cocay

There is no option man. After seeing your post, I logged into mobikwik and freecharge today after several years  and all it needed was an otp. Imagine I had abandoned this number and the new owner logging in with this. All my account history was on display. This is scary. On top of that there is no option to close account in both apps. At best you can write an email and pray to God that it will be closed. Mobikwik didn’t even delete my card details after writing so many times, let alone closing account. Someone rightly said, data is the new oil.
This is the price of being in a lawless country

Missing