Hot Deal

How to start a business with ₹15 lakh money in 1300sq.feet flat in city ?

433°
Deal Subedar
kool

Hi friends,

I have a 3 Bhk flat of 1300 square feet,1st floor in residential colony in center of Patna. I have ₹15 lakh in my saving account given by my family to use. I have done MBA from a local college, but I am not getting job because of no work experience. I am 34 years old now.

I want to start a small business now, but unable to take decision on my own. I am not getting any idea what to start and how to start. I am totally blank and getting depression now. persevere confounded

I have one empty flat which is use for guest sometime. Its 20 year old building. But Now I want to use that flat for some business. (Its located main center of Patna. Airport is just 2km far, and railway station is 1.5km. All major bank branches are there, Republic TV office, Flipkart warehouse) Its kind of metro city now.

I can not give this flat to any renter as its not registered yet, only have agreement paper. Here most of people are living without registration. So dont suggest me to give this flat for rent. Many people are using their flat for some consultancy like engg/medical admission/job counselling :/

Guys what scope I have so start here ? And I can increase my budget if there is no loss in business. My family said, take risk of ₹15lakh to start something small. I am loosing confidence in life, I want to make some money.

Please guide me.. neutral_face

28 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied

Can you mention types you business you might be interersted?

Answer this questions might help you get started.

1. What to do local business or intra-state, inter-state?
2. If local, what is the main market in patna, high demand in patna, limited supply or easily to get and re-sell?
3. Is the business you want will be product based or service based.
4. If service based, Can you do provide some service, which you expand gradually with more people hired.
5. Have alternative to see how you can get the flat registered along with your business (primary goal).
6. If product based business, see how can you store goods in 1st floor, is it feasible to store the same in 1st floor, labour cost etc.

If you have answers to 1st 3, Many dimers including me can help you get started somewhat.
You just need to answer 3 main question.
1. What Product or service
2. How can you procure that
3. Where can you sell that.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

1- I can do Local and might go for intra.
2- Here everything is available like delhi, Tiles,Sanitory bathroom fittings, clothing, resturant, cafe, all kind of FMCG.
3- either
4 yes, I am ready for that, here service like urban clap is lacking.
5 flat is mine, already paper works are going for mutation.
6- yes, it has lots of space to store products, 1300sq feet. 3 rooms, big hall. and easy to reach on 1st floor.

1 – I have no idea, what product or service can be provided here
2-
3- in Patna, 15km diameter range

I have no idea what to start here, thats what I am asking.

View 1 more reply
Critic Critic
Link Copied

VU for the topic

Link Copied

I can not give this flat to any renter as its not registered yet, only have agreement paper. Here most of people are living without registration. So dont suggest me to give this flat for rent. :/
Flat is not registered yet? Don’t worry man things will work out.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

If its not registered you can’t legally use it for business either
And what’s the hurdle in registration ?

Link Copied

builder (A) sold to person (B) in 1990 and during half payment builder died in an accident
and B sold to us © in 2000 with agreement. So mutation is still pending. It will take time, already submitted all paper for A to B & B to C for unilateral mutation.

Thats not an issue, that I can not use this property, already previous owner “B” had given all paper to us and we r living here from 20 years.
View 13 more replies
The Alpha The Alpha
Link Copied

Take gst number start selling on Amazon and flipkart

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Furnish your flat, convert it into living studio and give it to AIRBNB. As you said its very close to airport then its great location for a living studio.
Now to invest 15L you need to do lots of market research.

Link Copied

Registered on airbnb, or open a pg / dormetory / cheap room service.

Link Copied

But I am thinking different, to start a small business, something like storing medicine and B2B medium

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Btw, @kool bro, that flat is rent (with agreement) to 3 different people since 12 years without any issue. Make sure you get a good tenant and family people who just want to stay and not grab your home. wink

Beacon Beacon
Link Copied

Business can’t be run on borrowed conviction bro. Competition is so stiff for each & every sector so its not easy.

Best thing is to understand local need & identify gap. Read book “This happened in India” by Kishor Biyani (ex- Big bazaar owner) about how he identified people mentality etc. This might help u.

Comrade Comrade
Link Copied

What about organic farming

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Are you suggesting him to do organic farming in his 3 BHK flat? wink

replyuser
Click here to reply