Hot Deal

How to watch Live TV over Internet/Broadband.

2470°
Deal Subedar
Manitian

thread to discuss How to watch Live TV over Internet/Broadband.

187 Comments  |  
49 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Smart TV
Or TV with Smart Box – MI Device ot Amazon Fire stick or similar.
Apps : Thop TV or similar apps to stream live content.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

1) One need to have good Fiber broadband for uninterrupted streaming
2) For Firestick- Hotstar ( This provides many channels free of cost (AajTak HD, ABP news most of the channels free. One can avail annual premium channels too, otherwise all serials are saved free of cost- watch any time)
3) Sony Liv- For All Sony channels and shows
4) Zee5- For Zee All channels and shows you can watch anytime
5) Voot- For Color Viacom channels
6) You can side load JioTV this will make all live channels available (this is this bit clumsy as JioTV is not officially available on Firetv but works)
7) Amazon Prime videos of you have a Amazon Prime Account.
8) Netflix
9) NextGTv on firestick for many free channels
10) YuppTV

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
gauravgtm wrote:

1) One need to have good Fiber broadband for uninterrupted streaming
2) For Firestick- Hotstar ( This provides many channels free of cost (AajTak HD, ABP news most of the channels free. One can avail annual premium channels too, otherwise all serials are saved free of cost- watch any time)
3) Sony Liv- For All Sony channels and shows
4) Zee5- For Zee All channels and shows you can watch anytime
5) Voot- For Color Viacom channels
6) You can side load JioTV this will make all live channels available (this is this bit clumsy as JioTV is not officially available on Firetv but works)
7) Amazon Prime videos of you have a Amazon Prime Account.
8) Netflix
9) NextGTv on firestick for many free channels
10) YuppTV

JioTV – How to add to Fire stick ?
Add Thop TV to your list. It has everything pirated stuff but enough

Royal Challengers Bangalore Royal Challengers Bangalore
Link Copied
gauravgtm wrote:

1) One need to have good Fiber broadband for uninterrupted streaming
2) For Firestick- Hotstar ( This provides many channels free of cost (AajTak HD, ABP news most of the channels free. One can avail annual premium channels too, otherwise all serials are saved free of cost- watch any time)
3) Sony Liv- For All Sony channels and shows
4) Zee5- For Zee All channels and shows you can watch anytime
5) Voot- For Color Viacom channels
6) You can side load JioTV this will make all live channels available (this is this bit clumsy as JioTV is not officially available on Firetv but works)
7) Amazon Prime videos of you have a Amazon Prime Account.
8) Netflix
9) NextGTv on firestick for many free channels
10) YuppTV

Thop tv is best…it has all channels…even those which are not on jio tv…it has all movies, web series of hotstar, Zee5, Radio without ads, etc

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Which News Channel are available on Live Streaming…..

ON Youtube these are available

NDTV
NDTV 24×7
CNN-TV18
Al-Jazeera
DW News (English)
France24 (English)
SKY News

Royal Challengers Bangalore Royal Challengers Bangalore
Link Copied
HailStonE wrote:

Which News Channel are available on Live Streaming…..

ON Youtube these are available

NDTV
NDTV 24×7
CNN-TV18
Al-Jazeera
DW News (English)
France24 (English)
SKY News

All channels are available on Thop tv
…must download

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
_NamaN_ wrote:

All channels are available on Thop tv
…must download

Which is the actual app… There are so many versions on play store……

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
HailStonE wrote:

Which is the actual app… There are so many versions on play store……

Download apk. Not available on Google play.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Manitian wrote:

Download apk. Not available on Google play.

Do you have a link…

Kolkata Knight Riders Kolkata Knight Riders
Link Copied

Two questions- Can anyone tell me whether I have a smart TV or not? The model no. is KDL-42W670A. If it’s not then what exactly do I need to purchase to make it a smart tv? I mean the lowest cost option. And secondly, does that Thop tv contain all thg Bengali channels?

Royal Challengers Bangalore Royal Challengers Bangalore
Link Copied
Expand
HailStonE wrote:

Which is the actual app… There are so many versions on play store……

Don’t install from playstore…its not real thop tv app
Install from Browser :-
Search Thop tv on google and download further
blush

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Oreo tv is also great for live TV channels

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Infact, Thop Tv cam be installed on your phone as well and you can cast content using a casting App. So effectively don’t need a fire stick as well.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
sidharthamangaraj wrote:

bUT HOW TO WATCH IN LAPTOP/ PC

Thop is available for windows and mac also.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
ithehappy wrote:

Two questions- Can anyone tell me whether I have a smart TV or not? The model no. is KDL-42W670A. If it’s not then what exactly do I need to purchase to make it a smart tv? I mean the lowest cost option. And secondly, does that Thop tv contain all thg Bengali channels?

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/sony-42-inch-led-full-...
2) thoptv has everything that is available on official jiotv airteltv zee5. Most language. Also you can change the language where supported. Like history discovery natgeo.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
sidharthamangaraj wrote:

bUT HOW TO WATCH IN LAPTOP/ PC

Search thoptv on CHROME with vpn if possible. As it is blocked. They change their url from time to time
ht...// thoptvofficial.club

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

but there is no indian channel in it only radio stations of India are there.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

but there is no indian channel in it only radio stations of India are there.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Has anybody tried Thop in large screen TV’s 55" in 1080p & 4k resolution…. How is the picture quality….

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
HailStonE wrote:

Has anybody tried Thop in large screen TV’s 55" in 1080p & 4k resolution…. How is the picture quality….

Nice. I am using it … Its much better than SD similar or comparable to HD quality.  Haven’t tried 4k content.

Where do I find 4k content ?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
sidharthamangaraj wrote:

but there is no indian channel in it only radio stations of India are there.

Where are you seeing this ?

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
Manitian wrote:

Nice. I am using it … Its much better than SD similar or comparable to HD quality.  Haven’t tried 4k content.

Where do I find 4k content ?

Is 8mbps internet speed(bsnl adsl) enough to watch 1080p content on tv?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Tejaa wrote:

Is 8mbps internet speed(bsnl adsl) enough to watch 1080p content on tv?

Let me break down the math for you.
The bit rate for streaming a 4K video goes to a worse of 8000 kbps to a best of 16000 kbps and is maintained at around 14000 to be called a good 4K steam.
Considering the average of 14000 kbps it means you need to have a broadband line speed of at least 14 Mbps, even in worst case scenario of 8000 kbps you need to have a broadband line speed of 8Mbps to stream without buffering pauses.
It doesn’t depend on what google or amazon or what ever website support is over here, we are talking about limitation of your line speed and not the website capability.

Copied from another similar thread

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
Manitian wrote:

Let me break down the math for you.
The bit rate for streaming a 4K video goes to a worse of 8000 kbps to a best of 16000 kbps and is maintained at around 14000 to be called a good 4K steam.
Considering the average of 14000 kbps it means you need to have a broadband line speed of at least 14 Mbps, even in worst case scenario of 8000 kbps you need to have a broadband line speed of 8Mbps to stream without buffering pauses.
It doesn’t depend on what google or amazon or what ever website support is over here, we are talking about limitation of your line speed and not the website capability.

Copied from another similar thread

Not 4K bro I am talking about fullhd(1080p) smiley

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply