I got an upgrade from Amex MRCC to Amex Platinum Travel Credit card - MRCC will be a LTF*

109°
Deal Lieutenant
ashishreddy3...

The mail states that my Amex MRCC will be a free card if I continue to pay membership fee for Platinum Travel Credit card.

Should I upgrade my card for not?

Pls help me decide

7 Comments  |  
3 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

If you can spend 4L in a year on Amex Plat Travel & 1000*4*12 on MRCC, go for it.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Bulwark wrote:

If you can spend 4L in a year on Amex Plat Travel & 1000*4*12 on MRCC, go for it.

There is no spend based waiver for Amex Platinum card, I guess. Even though we spend there wont be any waiver right

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
ashishreddy3421869 wrote:

There is no spend based waiver for Amex Platinum card, I guess. Even though we spend there wont be any waiver right

Milestone points; one at 1.9L, another one at 4L; It’s a pretty good card, especially meant for travelers, but right now due to covid, they have expanded the redemption to Flipkart vouchers too.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
ashishreddy3421869 wrote:

There is no spend based waiver for Amex Platinum card, I guess. Even though we spend there wont be any waiver right

Not outright. Call them up when your fees are due, they tell you respective offers.

Last year — They deducted my 10k points (Normal & not Bonus MR) & got full waiver.

This year — They asked me to spend 1.5L in 1 month & get full waiver or same offer as last year.

I know few for whom they simply waived it off. So its upto your shopping behaviour & offers available at that time.

I hold the same combination of Travel & free MRCC. Its worth.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Bulwark wrote:

Not outright. Call them up when your fees are due, they tell you respective offers.

Last year — They deducted my 10k points (Normal & not Bonus MR) & got full waiver.

This year — They asked me to spend 1.5L in 1 month & get full waiver or same offer as last year.

I know few for whom they simply waived it off. So its upto your shopping behaviour & offers available at that time.

I hold the same combination of Travel & free MRCC. Its worth.

If possible can you please tell your average annual spend on Amex? Maybe if it’s decently high, they waive it off on request.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Above 4L reward is not that great so I stick to 4L only

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
BlueFlash wrote:

If possible can you please tell your average annual spend on Amex? Maybe if it’s decently high, they waive it off on request.

Above 4L reward is not that great so I stick to 4L only

Missing