Important info for sbi simplysave card users regarding online grocery/dept 10x points

265°
674
5342
57

Recently I found out that sbi simplysave gives 10x points as usual on online ordering from grocery/departmental stores but not all the time(even when ordering at same site) & all the places. See below for details:

1. Orders from Flipkart supermart grocery store will not be counted as grocery/departmental store transactions for 10x points.

2. Orders from Amazon Pantry & Fresh will be considered as grocery/departmental store transactions for 10x points as long as seller is Aripl_Sector 63 Noida & not Cloudtail_Sector 63 Noida. If an order consists of products from both sellers then entire transaction will be considered as Coudtail_Sector 63 Noida(my own guess this happens if worth of all products from Cloudtail_Sector 63 Noida is more than Aripl_Sector 63 Noida in total order value) & 10x points will not be given.

3. While making payments at MORE superstore using amazonpay gateway with linked simplysave card the transaction will be considered as departmental store transaction for 10x points.

4. While making payments at small shops the transaction will not be considered as grocery/departmental 10x points unless the shopkeeper has registered the shop as grocery/departmental which many of them don’t so always test first with a Rs.100 transaction.

@demerius2020 @aam_aadmi @karanoshan @BlueFlash @Skyislimit @Tjs15 @Alpha.Barood @AppleFan @insta @complicate_simplify @_One_Miller_ @drupal @Simbha3

27 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
0
591
2

Yes, i have experienced this in case of restaurants and grofers. I tried getting it clarified with customer care but nobody was able to say anything concrete.

204
5573
59
Tjs15 wrote:

Yes, i have experienced this in case of restaurants and grofers. I tried getting it clarified with customer care but nobody was able to say anything concrete.

welcome to sbi

315
3088
110

It depends on MCC aka merchant category code of POS?
No matter online or offline

50
675
4
Expand
Simbha3 wrote:

welcome to sbi

they have this new consumer protection act 2019 where e commerce is covered

i wish some body @$$ slap these SBI hard that they think twice before showcasing their dumb @$$

70
5344
44

Merchant category code depends on the Merchant registration with payment gateway, it cannot be seller specific. Your Amazon seller specific logic is not right. You are making payment to Amazon with your visa/master card, so the mcc of Amazon regd with visa/master networks will decide how credit cards track the transaction. It is possible that for reliability of successful transactions, Amazon may have regd with multiple MCCs, also for segregating transactions of Sellers like Cloudtail, Pantry, Fresh etc owned by Amazon.

674
5342
57
aam_aadmi wrote:

Merchant category code depends on the Merchant registration with payment gateway, it cannot be seller specific. Your Amazon seller specific logic is not right. You are making payment to Amazon with your visa/master card, so the mcc of Amazon regd with visa/master networks will decide how credit cards track the transaction. It is possible that for reliability of successful transactions, Amazon may have regd with multiple MCCs, also for segregating transactions of Sellers like Cloudtail, Pantry, Fresh etc owned by Amazon.

Amazon is not a single entity. Technically & legally it is not even possible for amazon to be a single entity unless govt permits 100% FDI in multi-brand retail. Same logic for Flipkart. Cloudtail(& almost certainly appario retail) is registered as ecomm MCC while Aripl is registered as departmental store/grocery MCC.

3
4877
11

thank you buddy.
i noticed one more thing.not only amazon pantry or fresh,in amazon.in also,when i bought milk shakes or cold press groundnut oil,showing as amazon grocery in bank statement.i don’t know,it will give 10* or not.
edit:
1.and big basket comes under grocery category
2.in another thread,one of the dimers mentioned supr daily as departmental stores

hope these helps other new dimers too

i want to apply for sbi simply save or kotak essentia or amex smartearn for offline grocery and departmental stores(online also)

and if anyone tried in bbdaily,jiomart,grofers(comes under which category?)
or more details about above cards, please let me know
thank you

674
5342
57
sravz86 wrote:

thank you buddy.
i noticed one more thing.not only amazon pantry or fresh,in amazon.in also,when i bought milk shakes or cold press groundnut oil,showing as amazon grocery in bank statement.i don’t know,it will give 10* or not.
edit:
1.and big basket comes under grocery category
2.in another thread,one of the dimers mentioned supr daily as departmental stores

hope these helps other new dimers too

i want to apply for sbi simply save or kotak essentia or amex smartearn for offline grocery and departmental stores(online also)

and if anyone tried in bbdaily,jiomart,grofers(comes under which category?)
or more details about above cards, please let me know
thank you

I can confirm that for MORE superstore if you do transaction with sbi simplysave then it will count as departmental purchase for 10x points. However you can achieve the same by using simplyclick card to buy amazon GV at 10x points & then use your amazonpay wallet balance to pay at MORE & Big bazaar. Also keep in mind that Amex cards don’t work at most typical shops & only big departmental stores have support for them.

It doesn’t matter which section from amazon you bought stuff, what matters is the seller. If it is aripl_sector 62 noida then only you will get 10x points as grocery/departmental purchase & if it is cloudtail_sector 62 then only 1x as it will be considered as typical ecomm transaction.

Can you post the link of products & mention seller from which you bought & which shows as grocery in card statement?

25
9624
126

Nice Info blush VU+, hamko bhul gaye bhai.. cry

3
4877
11

anyone know flipkart supermart comes under which category?
bought grocery savings pass for rs.9.from next month,i want to buy groceries.
if there are any savings tips,please let me know(until now i bought nothing,so asking you)
thank you

674
5342
57
beastboy wrote:

Nice Info blush VU+, hamko bhul gaye bhai.. cry

Bhai ye grocery etc toh 1-2 budget card use karne waale logon kay liye hai aur aap toh 5-6 high end card use karne waale ho toh laga aapko kahan hi jaroorat hogi. smile

674
5342
57
sravz86 wrote:

anyone know flipkart supermart comes under which category?
bought grocery savings pass for rs.9.from next month,i want to buy groceries.
if there are any savings tips,please let me know(until now i bought nothing,so asking you)
thank you

See the first post bhai. smile Also update here your reward points status for those 2 amazon transactions.

3
4877
11

already i read your post.that’s why asking,and i said, in bank statement showing as amazon grocery,din’t say anything about points,because it’s icici coral card,got regular pay back points.which is less benefit card for me.that’s why looking for a card,which will give decent cash back

25
9624
126
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Bhai ye grocery etc toh 1-2 budget card use karne waale logon kay liye hai aur aap toh 5-6 high end card use karne waale ho toh laga aapko kahan hi jaroorat hogi. smile

Majak mat karo bhai..
chote chote card hai high end nahi hai..
Ham log bi grocery khate hai bhai.. sone ke biscuit thode hi khayege.. stuck_out_tongue
hamse bohat jayada card aur income wale log tagged hain post me..
bas sabne openly apni details share nahi kari hai.. laughing

674
5342
57
Expand
beastboy wrote:

Majak mat karo bhai..
chote chote card hai high end nahi hai..
Ham log bi grocery khate hai bhai.. sone ke biscuit thode hi khayege.. stuck_out_tongue
hamse bohat jayada card aur income wale log tagged hain post me..
bas sabne openly apni details share nahi kari hai.. laughing

Bhai mere liye toh sbi simplyclick or simplysave kay alawa koi bhi good card high end card hai(icici amazonpay,axis flipkart,indusind cards,amex cards,hdfc millennia/regalia). Amex aur indusind card hai toh wallet load karo aur shop sey buy karo(aapke paas bhi iconia amex hai naa to sat/sun ko wallet load karo 2% reward points aur baaki week grocery buy karo usse). smile

Aur bhai aadhe sey jyaada logon ko tag isliye kiya hai ki woh aage waale logon ko bataa sakein iss thread kaa reference deke verna mujhe pataa hai unkey pass indusind pinnacle jaise card hain. smile

25
9624
126
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Bhai mere liye toh sbi simplyclick or simplysave kay alawa koi bhi good card high end card hai(icici amazonpay,axis flipkart,indusind cards,amex cards,hdfc millennia/regalia). Amex aur indusind card hai toh wallet load karo aur shop sey buy karo(aapke paas bhi iconia amex hai naa to sat/sun ko wallet load karo 2% reward points aur baaki week grocery buy karo usse). smile

Aur bhai aadhe sey jyaada logon ko tag isliye kiya hai ki woh aage waale logon ko bataa sakein iss thread kaa reference deke verna mujhe pataa hai unkey pass indusind pinnacle jaise card hain. smile

laughing

Han Ye to Hai..
Hame bhi apni sharan me banaye rakhe prabhu.. stuck_out_tongue

50
675
4
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Bhai mere liye toh sbi simplyclick or simplysave kay alawa koi bhi good card high end card hai(icici amazonpay,axis flipkart,indusind cards,amex cards,hdfc millennia/regalia). Amex aur indusind card hai toh wallet load karo aur shop sey buy karo(aapke paas bhi iconia amex hai naa to sat/sun ko wallet load karo 2% reward points aur baaki week grocery buy karo usse). smile

Aur bhai aadhe sey jyaada logon ko tag isliye kiya hai ki woh aage waale logon ko bataa sakein iss thread kaa reference deke verna mujhe pataa hai unkey pass indusind pinnacle jaise card hain. smile

aur dekho subse pehle kisko tag kia hai sunglasses ; me to AMEX MRCC ka bhakt hu 3.5% in first year uniform for wallet/online/offline evrywhere ; no If/ no but

baaki SBI during lockdown bahut kuch downgrade kar diya hai including simplysave.. thats the reason i gone for tata platinum(3%) intead for grocery/store (for that too i will have to check many thing will update here with my exp)

rule 1.Do not pay for credit card fees
rule 2 : read rule 1

674
5342
57
Expand
demerius2020 wrote:

aur dekho subse pehle kisko tag kia hai sunglasses ; me to AMEX MRCC ka bhakt hu 3.5% in first year uniform for wallet/online/offline evrywhere ; no If/ no but

baaki SBI during lockdown bahut kuch downgrade kar diya hai including simplysave.. thats the reason i gone for tata platinum(3%) intead for grocery/store (for that too i will have to check many thing will update here with my exp)

rule 1.Do not pay for credit card fees
rule 2 : read rule 1

Bhai tumhein sabse pehle issliye tag kiya kyunki tum tata card ko simplysave sey better bolte ho & since it is from sbi card toh socha ki pehe tumhin hee tag kar doon kyunki agar simplysave kahin 10x kaa benefit nahi de raha toh wahaan tata card bhi benefit dega ismein bahut doubt hai. smile

674
5342
57
Expand
beastboy wrote:
laughing

Han Ye to Hai..
Hame bhi apni sharan me banaye rakhe prabhu.. stuck_out_tongue

Arey hum small player hain bhai, sharan mein app big players kee jaayiye jo 1-2 lakh aise he rotate kar dete hain cards pur jaise hum 100-200 kaa amazon pay wallet load karte hain. smile

25
9624
126
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Arey hum small player hain bhai, sharan mein app big players kee jaayiye jo 1-2 lakh aise he rotate kar dete hain cards pur jaise hum 100-200 kaa amazon pay wallet load karte hain. smile

are malik… kyu majak kar rahe ho bache ki jaan loge kya… laughing
1-2 lakh ka time abi nahi aaya hai… kuch samay lagega.. par shayad aa jaye.. stuck_out_tongue

89
240
2

Identification of Department stores are based on MCCs (Merchant Category Codes) allotted by Mastercard & Visa. It doesn’t matter whether it is online or offline. Also Sellers doesn’t matters.

3
4877
11

@guest_999
when i said amazon pay balance in more mega store/big bazaar,they are saying server prob.
so many times,more staff rejected.i think they don’t want to accept,when i asked, at least try,staff said,money will deduct from your wallet,but we r not getting.so stopped accepting amazon pay amount.
big bazaar & medplus also like this

yet to check heritage fresh

674
5342
57
sravz86 wrote:

@guest_999
when i said amazon pay balance in more mega store/big bazaar,they are saying server prob.
so many times,more staff rejected.i think they don’t want to accept,when i asked, at least try,staff said,money will deduct from your wallet,but we r not getting.so stopped accepting amazon pay amount.
big bazaar & medplus also like this

yet to check heritage fresh

Go to some other MORE/Big Bazaar store &/or tell them you will use credit card linked to amazonpay wallet & not wallet balance & then see. If it is indeed failure on their end then you can always raise a chargeback request for credit card transaction within 2-3 days(time it takes for transaction to settle) during which time the transaction should be reversed within a few hours/day.

674
5342
57
Digitalguy wrote:

Identification of Department stores are based on MCCs (Merchant Category Codes) allotted by Mastercard & Visa. It doesn’t matter whether it is online or offline. Also Sellers doesn’t matters.

See my 1st post point No.2. You can try yourself. sunglasses

50
124
2
Expand
demerius2020 wrote:

aur dekho subse pehle kisko tag kia hai sunglasses ; me to AMEX MRCC ka bhakt hu 3.5% in first year uniform for wallet/online/offline evrywhere ; no If/ no but

baaki SBI during lockdown bahut kuch downgrade kar diya hai including simplysave.. thats the reason i gone for tata platinum(3%) intead for grocery/store (for that too i will have to check many thing will update here with my exp)

rule 1.Do not pay for credit card fees
rule 2 : read rule 1

Thanks for sharing your experience. Can you help with the below questions I have ?
Q1) Have you ever got annual fees reversed on SBI Cards, based on 1 lac spend? Do they charge 590 first (499+GST) and then reverse 499 only (net loss of Rs. 91 GST). Or they simply don’t charge anything at all if you achieved spend limit 1 lac ?
Q2) For Simply Save Card, statement credit charge of 117 (99+GST) billed and reversed 99 only (net loss of Rs. 18 GST) ?
Are they still giving reversal now in year 2020 also ?
Can you confirm practical examples of grocery, dining, movies and departmental stores based on your experience (real experience, not copy-paste from TnC) for SBI Simply Save Card ?
Q1) Offline Medicine Shop (Apollo Pharmacy/1med/medplus/other) are eligible for 10x rewards in ‘department stores’ category ?
Q2) Online Medicine Sites (1mg/Netmeds/PharmEasy/Apollo 24×7) are eligible for 10x rewards in ‘department stores’ category ?
Q3) BigBazar/Reliance Fresh/More/Spencers eligible for 10x rewa

50
124
2

Can anyone confirm practical examples of grocery, dining, movies and departmental stores based on your ‘real’ experience (not copy-paste from TnC) for SBI Simply Save Card ?

1) Offline Medicine Shop (Apollo Pharmacy/1med/medplus/other) gets 10x rewards in ‘department stores’ category ?
2) Online Medicine Sites (1mg/Netmeds/PharmEasy/Apollo 24×7) gets 10x rewards in ‘department stores’ category ?
3) Malls (BigBazar/Reliance Fresh/More/Spencers) gets 10x rewards in ‘grocery’ category ?
4) Swiggy/Zomato/Dineout/Dominos eligible for 10x reward points in ‘dining’ category ?
5) Offline Cloth stores / Kirana stores falls under which category ?
6) BookMyShow (BMS) eligible for 10x reward points in ‘movies’ category ?
7) Yatra/MMT/ClearTrip how much reward point they give for Simply Save, any idea ?

Any other spends, not mentioned above, which give 10x accelerated reward points based on your experience for Simply Save card ?

Missing