Important Questions Related to Covid-19

76°
Entertainer
102
4494
96

Question 1. Suppose a senior-citizen year old takes Covishield (AstraZ) 1st dose on 10-March. According to India, max gap for 2nd dose can be 8 weeks (5-May). But according to International studies, gap should be 12 weeks or more. So between the 2 choices below which should be preferred:

  1. Get the 2nd dose on 7th week (29-Apr) in hospital
  2. Wait & Get the 2nd dose on 14th week (End May) in hospital

Option 1 may have less crowd in hospital (but efficacy will be 75%) and option 2 may have more crowd because after 1-May, vaccine will be open for all (but efficacy will be 60%). I wanted to prefer vaccine in a society camp but our society is not organizing a vaccine camp.
.
.

Question 2. Will Vaccination be available at home after 1-May?
.
.
Question 3. If I sit in balcony of 1st floor and people are roaming without mask on ground floor, can their exhaled virus travel to 1st floor to my balcony and infect me?
.
.
Question 4. I wanted a vaccination from Camp (open area) but my society is not organizing. Can I somehow Search and attend another society’s vaccination CAMP?
.
.
Question 5. Any study which shows that double/triple mutation viruses are not protected by Covishield?

10 Comments  |  
4 Dimers
  • Sort By
207
1154
6

Q1) 2nd dose anywhere between 6 to 8 week but not longer than 8 week at any case
Q2) no
Q3)no
Q4)yes
Q5) no

102
4494
96
badkarma wrote:

Q1) 2nd dose anywhere between 6 to 8 week but not longer than 8 week at any case
Q2) no
Q3)no
Q4)yes
Q5) no

Q1 – Reason for “no longer than 8-week” please? Because 12-weeks or more have much greater efficacy for AstraZ.

Q4 – I was thinking that a society only allows their own residents to get vaccinated in their camp. Any way to search nearby camps?

207
1154
6
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Q1 – Reason for “no longer than 8-week” please? Because 12-weeks or more have much greater efficacy for AstraZ.

Q4 – I was thinking that a society only allows their own residents to get vaccinated in their camp. Any way to search nearby camps?

all news article  at present saying not longer than 8 week otherwise u are vulnerable to virus
https://www.news18.com/news/india/time-interval...

You can get vaccination in any camp. They don’t ask where u live. Keep in touch with nearby people to know abt running vaccination camp nearby otherwise hospital are there

20
4650
35
badkarma wrote:

Q1) 2nd dose anywhere between 6 to 8 week but not longer than 8 week at any case
Q2) no
Q3)no
Q4)yes
Q5) no

Please be updated with the latest information before spreading misinformation during this crucial time.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/blogs/andw...

“Manufacturers of Covishield say that efficacy of the vaccine is 53.2% if the second dose is taken after four weeks. This increases to 60.5% if the interval is 9 to 11 weeks. If the space between doses is 12 weeks or more, efficiency increases to 78.7%.”

In a series of interviews to TV news-channels in the first week of April, the CEO of the Pune-based Serum Institute of India (SII), Adar Poonawalla, has been quoted as saying that the interval between the first and the second dose of the vaccine in the UK is around 12 weeks. The UK is where the vaccine (branded in India as Covishield) was developed by the multinational AstraZeneca in collaboration with Oxford University. In Canada, the interval between the first and second dose is 12 to 16.

102
4494
96
Expand
shoaibmax wrote:

Please be updated with the latest information before spreading misinformation during this crucial time.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/blogs/andw...

“Manufacturers of Covishield say that efficacy of the vaccine is 53.2% if the second dose is taken after four weeks. This increases to 60.5% if the interval is 9 to 11 weeks. If the space between doses is 12 weeks or more, efficiency increases to 78.7%.”

In a series of interviews to TV news-channels in the first week of April, the CEO of the Pune-based Serum Institute of India (SII), Adar Poonawalla, has been quoted as saying that the interval between the first and the second dose of the vaccine in the UK is around 12 weeks. The UK is where the vaccine (branded in India as Covishield) was developed by the multinational AstraZeneca in collaboration with Oxford University. In Canada, the interval between the first and second dose is 12 to 16.

Exactly. This is what I read somewhere else too. But Indian government is not allowing 2nd dose to be taken after 8-weeks!!

2nd dose after 4-8 weeks : 53%
2nd dose after 9-11 weeks : 60%
2nd dose after 12+ weeks : 80%

I wanted to wait till 12 weeks and then get the 2nd dose

20
4650
35
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Exactly. This is what I read somewhere else too. But Indian government is not allowing 2nd dose to be taken after 8-weeks!!

2nd dose after 4 weeks : 53%
2nd dose after 4 weeks :

Discussion is going on with the government. Once we have enough data, 2nd dose guidelines will be revised soon.

Delay the second jab as much as you can while still following the government guidelines (like taking the second jab really close to the deadline date). Getting vaccinated should be of utmost priority as new virus mutations are taking place. We might have to take different vaccines in next few years. Hence, don’t stress too much on the efficacy.

207
1154
6
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Exactly. This is what I read somewhere else too. But Indian government is not allowing 2nd dose to be taken after 8-weeks!!

2nd dose after 4-8 weeks : 53%
2nd dose after 9-11 weeks : 60%
2nd dose after 12+ weeks : 80%

I wanted to wait till 12 weeks and then get the 2nd dose

See this latest article. For 2nd dose, u should not wait for 12 week. Only 1 foreign trial is saying to wait for 12 week for more efficiency. All other trials of india.usa, peru, uk, brazil say less than 8 week.
According to Dr N K Arora of NTAGI, one of the groups that looked at this issue, there was “no good scientific evidence” to support a recommendation to increase the interval beyond eight weeks,

“This recommendation (to increase the interval beyond eight weeks) is more for countries and societies where there is a deficiency of (the) vaccine.
https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/why...

102
4494
96
Expand
badkarma wrote:

See this latest article. For 2nd dose, u should not wait for 12 week. Only 1 foreign trial is saying to wait for 12 week for more efficiency. All other trials of india.usa, peru, uk, brazil say less than 8 week.
According to Dr N K Arora of NTAGI, one of the groups that looked at this issue, there was “no good scientific evidence” to support a recommendation to increase the interval beyond eight weeks,

“This recommendation (to increase the interval beyond eight weeks) is more for countries and societies where there is a deficiency of (the) vaccine.
https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/why...

I will anyways get it in 8th week.

But Adar Poonawala himself said that 2/3 months increases efficacy, no?

102
4494
96
Is it better to go to bigger hospitals for Covishield vaccination (2nd dose)? As smaller / local nursing homes which have power cuts, etc may not keep vaccines stored properly?
Missing