India creates History, First RuPay Card issue outside India

210°
Missing
Shopping Friend
561
9605
142

India creates History, First RuPay Card issue outside India:

Bhutan national bank issue RuPay card in Bhutan

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/650447/medium/7149401ZgX2zOG.jpg?1605853170

PM of Bhutan and India to launch second phase of RuPay Card today:

Prime Minister Dr Lotay Tshering and his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi will jointly e-launch the second phase of the RuPay Card today.

The RuPay card scheme is a cross-border payment initiative between Bhutan and India, which is aimed at promoting the use of low-cost digital payment solutions and digital financial inclusion.

The first phase of the RuPay Card was jointly launched by the two Prime Ministers on August 17 during the state visit of the Indian Prime Minister to Bhutan last year.

The launch of RuPay card scheme in Bhutan is made possible by the interconnectivity of the Bhutan Financial Switch (BFS) with India’s National Financial Switch (NFS), which is operated by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI).

According to a press release from the Minister of Foreign Affairs, the interconnection of the BFS network with the RuPay network will provide safe and convenient banking, and also help realise cost effective and cashless transactions, thereby enhancing cross-border digital payments between the two countries.

Since the launching of Phase-I, a total of about 10,428 successful transactions amounting to INR 36.52 million have been made using the RuPay cards.

The launch of the second phase will enable Bhutanese travellers to India to use their local bank cards in all the access points offered by the banks in India.

The BNBL’s RuPay debit cards will be accepted at more than 100,000 ATMs and 2 million PoS terminals in India for cash withdrawal, balance inquiry and purchases.

The event will be attended by Foreign Minister Dr Tandi Dorji, information and communications minister Karma Donnen Wangdi, Royal Monetary Authority Governor Dasho Penjore and bank CEOs.

From the Indian side, the launch will be attended by external affairs minister Dr S. Jaishankar, Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister Dr P.K. Mishra, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and other senior officials.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/650448/medium/7149401gSCFfLS.jpg?1605853175

Bhutan national bank customers, Apply Here - https://www.bnb.bt/new-atm-debit...d/

11 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar
81
1667
31

good to see, hope indians will switch to rupay card atleast for domestic usages, as 99% of indians dont use international transaction or foreign visits. if they need means, upgrade to visa/aster card…

offtopic:
India is a big market for visa/mastreo (USA companies), we can save more than 5000 crore if most people switch to rupay cards.

Missing
Deal Major
7,199
24543
304

Exaggeration is good, over-exaggeration isn’t
When Phase-1 launch already happened an year back, what’s the fuss about creating history with Phase-2? // India creates History, First RuPay Card issue outside Indi //

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
176
4

I have sbi rupay card , but Daily it allows 7000rs transaction only , is there any limit for transactions with rupay card ? How to increase the daily transaction limit ?

Missing
Shopping Friend
561
9605
142
getready wrote:

Exaggeration is good, over-exaggeration isn’t
When Phase-1 launch already happened an year back, what’s the fuss about creating history with Phase-2? // India creates History, First RuPay Card issue outside Indi //

Phase 1 – Indian banks issue RuPay Cards was accepted in Bhutan’s ATMs & POS.

Phase 2 – First time RuPay Card issue outside India.

99% of Indians dont use international transaction or foreign visits. same 99% Bhutanese also dont use international transaction or foreign visits. They will use Bhutan national bank issue RuPay card in Bhutan and RuPay/NPCI charged few % transaction fee. same like USA companies Visa/Mastercard charged few % transaction fee.

Missing
Shopping Friend
561
9605
142
sitapodila227 wrote:

I have sbi rupay card , but Daily it allows 7000rs transaction only , is there any limit for transactions with rupay card ? How to increase the daily transaction limit ?

if you have SBI RuPay Classic card then increase your daily transaction limit upto Rs50,000 per day (Ecom/POS only).

or if you have SBI RuPay Platinum card then increase your daily transaction limit upto 1 lac or 2 lac per day (Ecom/POS only).

login SBI net banking and increase your daily transaction limit.

RuPay have 4 types of RuPay debit cards -

1) RuPay PMJDY Debit Card (also called Gareebo wala card) – monthly Rs10,000 limit, some banks increase the limit upto Rs50,000 per month.

2) RuPay Classic Debit Card – transaciton limit decide by banks but you will get upto Rs50,000 limit per day.

2) RuPay Platinum Debit Card – transaction limit decide by banks but you will get 1 lac, 2 lac, 3 lac or 5 lac limit per day.

2) RuPay Select Debit Card – transaciton limit decide by banks but you will get highest transaction limit set by banks.

Missing
Deal Major
7,199
24543
304
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

Phase 1 – Indian banks issue RuPay Cards was accepted in Bhutan’s ATMs & POS.

Phase 2 – First time RuPay Card issue outside India.

99% of Indians dont use international transaction or foreign visits. same 99% Bhutanese also dont use international transaction or foreign visits. They will use Bhutan national bank issue RuPay card in Bhutan and RuPay/NPCI charged few % transaction fee. same like USA companies Visa/Mastercard charged few % transaction fee.

So its first Rupay card issued in Bhutan, nothing much to exaggerate
May be it is the first Rupay card issued by a foreign bank in a foreign country ( Unsure*)

As far as i can check online, State Bank Singapore (Assuming familiarity as ~10% of the population being Indian Residents/Migrants) is the first to issue RuPay card years back

Missing
Shopping Friend
561
9605
142
Expand
getready wrote:

So its first Rupay card issued in Bhutan, nothing much to exaggerate
May be it is the first Rupay card issued by a foreign bank in a foreign country ( Unsure*)

As far as i can check online, State Bank Singapore (Assuming familiarity as ~10% of the population being Indian Residents/Migrants) is the first to issue RuPay card years back

Yes, first RuPay card issued by a foreign bank in a foreign country.

nothing much to exaggerate ?

tumhara msg padh k mujhe slayy point youtube channel k ek video yaad aa gaya, kuch log kisi bhi chiz se Happy nhi hote ha. Taj mahal dekh kar comment karte ha Google reviews me Marble he toh ha, Mumbai k beaches me ja kar reviews dete ha pani he toh ha nothing excited. Switzerland ja kar bolte ha baraf he toh ha, bade skyscrapers buildings ko dekh kar bolte ha cement he toh ha. stuck_out_tongue

Missing
Deal Major
7,199
24543
304
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

Yes, first RuPay card issued by a foreign bank in a foreign country.

nothing much to exaggerate ?

tumhara msg padh k mujhe slayy point youtube channel k ek video yaad aa gaya, kuch log kisi bhi chiz se Happy nhi hote ha. Taj mahal dekh kar comment karte ha Google reviews me Marble he toh ha, Mumbai k beaches me ja kar reviews dete ha pani he toh ha nothing excited. Switzerland ja kar bolte ha baraf he toh ha, bade skyscrapers buildings ko dekh kar bolte ha cement he toh ha. stuck_out_tongue

Your thread title reminded me of those countries which had participated for the first time (Created history according to them*) in Olympics and returned with zero medals smile

Edit: First time in Olympics organized in/by a foreign country makes more sense stuck_out_tongue

Missing
Deal Captain
228
7287
105
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

Yes, first RuPay card issued by a foreign bank in a foreign country.

nothing much to exaggerate ?

tumhara msg padh k mujhe slayy point youtube channel k ek video yaad aa gaya, kuch log kisi bhi chiz se Happy nhi hote ha. Taj mahal dekh kar comment karte ha Google reviews me Marble he toh ha, Mumbai k beaches me ja kar reviews dete ha pani he toh ha nothing excited. Switzerland ja kar bolte ha baraf he toh ha, bade skyscrapers buildings ko dekh kar bolte ha cement he toh ha. stuck_out_tongue

🐒🐒🐒

Missing
Entertainer
13
37880
384
desibuddy wrote:
we can save more than 5000 crore if most people switch to rupay cards.

We will spend only not save. We think we are helping bring more money in India but they will buy lavish properties outside India. Money will flow outside only ultimately.

Missing
Tech Guru
278
19641
193

Lol

Missing