investing in mutual funds on dips

168°
Deal Subedar
kukdookoo

who is investing in mutual funds instead of or side by side of stocks on dips? can u share ur funds if u dont mind?

@bikidas2060 @MrKool_JJ yeh dono to pakka stocks me hi karte ha @tappukepapa yeh abhi naya shikari ha
@Tanmayyy @desiviru @malikcool @jaybro @Ramta_Jogi @Sudarshan61 @guest_999

Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
28 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Cool Cool
Link Copied

22g dips m hi purchase karma hai to stocks kar lo.
MF ka bharosa ni uska dip pe buy karoge agla din 5 percent upar ke rate se milega

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
raman12 wrote:

22g dips m hi purchase karma hai to stocks kar lo.
MF ka bharosa ni uska dip pe buy karoge agla din 5 percent upar ke rate se milega

MF ka bharosa ni uska dip pe buy karoge agla din 5 percent upar ke rate se milega
samja nahi ye paji

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

MF ka bharosa ni uska dip pe buy karoge agla din 5 percent upar ke rate se milega
samja nahi ye paji

Cut off time se pehle liya toh closing NAV pe units milte he nhi toh next day ki NAV pe

The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied

I stopped investing in mutual funds bhai so can’t be of much help. Buying real estate and cryptos for now.

Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied
Expand
Tjs15 wrote:

Cut off time se pehle liya toh closing NAV pe units milte he nhi toh next day ki NAV pe

How to check realtime NAV?
In Zerodha coin showing previous day NAV only.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Paris_AI wrote:

How to check realtime NAV?
In Zerodha coin showing previous day NAV only.

You can’t check real time NAV. NAV is decided at the EoD when markets close for MF.

You can buy only ETFs as per real time.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Paris_AI wrote:

How to check realtime NAV?
In Zerodha coin showing previous day NAV only.

Thats not possible, you can guess if it will be up or down on the basis of index most relevant to the fund

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

@kukdookoo

I usually wait for a drop of more than 25-30% in NAV before buying lumpsum “on dips”. This has happened just once in the last 3 years. Biggest ofc was in March 2020. Outside that if we enter bear market, which usually recovers in 2-3 years, I continue with SIP mode which averages out my purchases

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Tanmayyy wrote:

I stopped investing in mutual funds bhai so can’t be of much help. Buying real estate and cryptos for now.

Bro, can you throw some light on how and where you are investing on Crypto. Have decent investments in Equity and ETF’s. Want to invest 1 – 2% of my capital on Crypto.

The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied
Expand
Santhu4444 wrote:

Well i use binance to invest. You can use any other app you want. I invest in alts rather than bitcoin or eth. I currently have icp , mask , audio , algo

Well i use binance to invest. You can use any other app you want. I invest in alts rather than bitcoin or eth. I currently have icp , mask , audio , algo and link in my portfolio. Ps. Crypto is highly volatile so i recommend buying strictly in dips. Right now the market is in quite a slow state since bitcoin is trapped between 59-60k$ from the past few days so it might be a good opportunity to buy.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

Well i use binance to invest. You can use any other app you want. I invest in alts rather than bitcoin or eth. I currently have icp , mask , audio , algo and link in my portfolio. Ps. Crypto is highly volatile so i recommend buying strictly in dips. Right now the market is in quite a slow state since bitcoin is trapped between 59-60k$ from the past few days so it might be a good opportunity to buy.

Hows $VRA bro? One of my friend is very optimistic on this.

The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied
Expand
Santhu4444 wrote:

Hows $VRA bro? One of my friend is very optimistic on this.

It’s not listed on binance so never looked at it bro.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

Well i use binance to invest. You can use any other app you want. I invest in alts rather than bitcoin or eth. I currently have icp , mask , audio , algo and link in my portfolio. Ps. Crypto is highly volatile so i recommend buying strictly in dips. Right now the market is in quite a slow state since bitcoin is trapped between 59-60k$ from the past few days so it might be a good opportunity to buy.

How do you buy a crypto in Binance ? via P2P or DC/CC options, or connected to something like WazirX which is funded in INR ?
Also what’s the right way to buy a crypto lets say btc, directly buy it or buy a usdt and then to btc ?
Just out of curiosity, and to do a test transaction, I bought a 300rs worth btc, via p2p (simply went for the topmost listed user, having a decent rating; didn’t care much about the btc value); but when it got credited in my funding, it showed up as ~270 worth btc only… I know it’s volatile, but it doesn’t appear to be from that, since it was hardly a minute or so, and the charts were fine only; so something was wrong with my order or maybe the exchange charges some fees ? something I am missing ?

The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied
Expand
BlueFlash wrote:

How do you buy a crypto in Binance ? via P2P or DC/CC options, or connected to something like WazirX which is funded in INR ?
Also what’s the right way to buy a crypto lets say btc, directly buy it or buy a usdt and then to btc ?
Just out of curiosity, and to do a test transaction, I bought a 300rs worth btc, via p2p (simply went for the topmost listed user, having a decent rating; didn’t care much about the btc value); but when it got credited in my funding, it showed up as ~270 worth btc only… I know it’s volatile, but it doesn’t appear to be from that, since it was hardly a minute or so, and the charts were fine only; so something was wrong with my order or maybe the exchange charges some fees ? something I am missing ?

I don’t use p2p to buy. What i do is i buy TRX. You can use any exchange to buy TRX , i use Coindcx and send that trx to binance wallet then sell it for usdt. Ofc you can simply buy in wazirx and transfer it into binance in one click but I’m too lazy to make an account on wazirx and do kyc and stuff stuck_out_tongue

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

I don’t use p2p to buy. What i do is i buy TRX. You can use any exchange to buy TRX , i use Coindcx and send that trx to binance wallet then sell it for usdt. Ofc you can simply buy in wazirx and transfer it into binance in one click but I’m too lazy to make an account on wazirx and do kyc and stuff stuck_out_tongue

Aren’t u losing almost a rupee on each trx? 0.80 rs difference in price on binance and coindcx. So on 100 trx u pay 865 on coindcx which is equivalent to 783 on binance. Almost 10% loss

The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied
Expand
adrishya wrote:

You’re comparing the price by inr to usd , you should be doing it by inr and usdt. The inr and usdt difference in coindcx and

You’re comparing the price by inr to usd , you should be doing it by inr and usdt. The inr and usdt difference in coindcx and binance is almost negligible.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
adrishya wrote:

Aren’t u losing almost a rupee on each trx? 0.80 rs difference in price on binance and coindcx. So on 100 trx u pay 865 on coindcx which is equivalent to 783 on binance. Almost 10% loss

Check the price in wazirx…it is 20 percent more than binance for any coin

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Over the long term buying on dips doesn’t seem to have any significant benefit when compared to buying every month. You can check on freefincal for backtest. Search ‘timing mutual funds + freefincal’ in Google.
Because if you wait for dip, you’ll lose the bull run in process. Even God cannot time the market.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Tanmayyy wrote:

I stopped investing in mutual funds bhai so can’t be of much help. Buying real estate and cryptos for now.

Buying real estate and cryptos for now.
post detailed thread for dos and donts for both for new users.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Ramta_Jogi wrote:

@kukdookoo

I usually wait for a drop of more than 25-30% in NAV before buying lumpsum “on dips”. This has happened just once in the last 3 years. Biggest ofc was in March 2020. Outside that if we enter bear market, which usually recovers in 2-3 years, I continue with SIP mode which averages out my purchases

so if one has good money, as per his or her pocket, one should just do lumpsum?

The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

Buying real estate and cryptos for now.
post detailed thread for dos and donts for both for new users.

Will do tomorrow if possible grinning

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
neo13 wrote:

Over the long term buying on dips doesn’t seem to have any significant benefit when compared to buying every month. You can check on freefincal for backtest. Search ‘timing mutual funds + freefincal’ in Google.
Because if you wait for dip, you’ll lose the bull run in process. Even God cannot time the market.

not even trying to time market 22g. question was if anyone is investing in dips in mutual funds. you are right that in long run it wont matter.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

so if one has good money, as per his or her pocket, one should just do lumpsum?

If NAV is down by 30% to his average cost, then yes… Averaging out makes more sense depending on the aim of investment and investment horizon.

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

Yea usdt wise its same i guess.

Yea usdt wise its same i guess. So how much usdt do u get in binance if u add 1000 inr to coindcx?

Is it better than directly buying usdt thru p2p in binance?

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
geni wrote:

Check the price in wazirx…it is 20 percent more than binance for any coin

Yea wazirx is no good. I use p2p to buy usdt in binance itself as of now.

The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied
Expand
adrishya wrote:

For p2p in binance if you wanna buy let’s say like 1000-2000 thousand inr worth of usdt the sellers are selling at extremely high rates than what usdt is actually valued at and you also never know when that seller might pull of a scam. The completely legit sellers don’t sell less than 1-2 lakhs. So i prefer loading via trx.

For the 1000 inr adding question , it really depends upon everyday price of usdt. But if you’re talking about the worth you’ll have left after all the fees and stuff then that should be around

For p2p in binance if you wanna buy let’s say like 1000-2000 thousand inr worth of usdt the sellers are selling at extremely high rates than what usdt is actually valued at and you also never know when that seller might pull of a scam. The completely legit sellers don’t sell less than 1-2 lakhs. So i prefer loading via trx.

For the 1000 inr adding question , it really depends upon everyday price of usdt. But if you’re talking about the worth you’ll have left after all the fees and stuff then that should be around 990 more or less when you’ve sold your trx for usdt in binance. Where 0.1% is the coindcx purchase fee and 1 trx transfer fee that you incur on every trx transfer than you make regardless of the size.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

SIP karo bhai ekdum sahi bole
Tabi hi to CAMS badega biggrin wink

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Santhu4444 wrote:

Bro, can you throw some light on how and where you are investing on Crypto. Have decent investments in Equity and ETF’s. Want to invest 1 – 2% of my capital on Crypto.

First check whether u have time to manage money investing just 1-2% in crypto.

Missing