IRCTC IPO

38°
Super Stud
InvestPotato

Why IRCTC is going public?

Do you think to invest in IRCTC stocks as railway suffers huge losses every year?

As anyone bought IRCTC IPO stocks? If yes, then where?

2 Comments  |  
2 Dimers
  • Sort By
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

I think you should read a bit about IRCTC. It is not Indian Railways (which I beleive should never be privatised or made public refer: railways in UK).

From Wikipedia: Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways that handles the catering, tourism and online ticketing operations of the Indian railways, with around 5,50,000 to 6,00,000 bookings every day is the world’s second busiest and highest of 15 to 16 lakh tickets every day.

So they essentially do not make any of the losses that Railways suffers due to subsidiazing travel costs for the average Indian. Essentially good, though sooner or later the railways booking platform will open completely to everyone.

Anyway last day to apply for IPO was 03 October, listing is on 14th. As for whether people should invest for long term, I am not knowledgeable enough to answer that.

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied

Thanks for the clarification.
Yeah, I know IRCTC is just a booking platform and etc. for railways. what I did not know was the losses is not shared by IRCTC

replyuser
Click here to reply