Is amex charges any fee if we transact for more that our credit limit if extra amount pre paid ?

85°
Deal Subedar
ItsBetter

My Amex limit is 40k. I have to pay insurance of 80k ( wana utilize insirance offer on amex cards).
Can I prepay 40or 45k to card and then transcat for 80 k insurance?

Is it possible with amex ? Will there be any charges levied by amex ?

19 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

if your insurance premium is 80k, your credit limit must be way more.
something is missing!

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
nimod wrote:

if your insurance premium is 80k, your credit limit must be way more.
something is missing!

Don’t know whats the issue with amex. They gave me very less limit. Even not increasing my credit limit

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

first add 10K and try and see ‘Check Your Spending Power’ option

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Amex does have the facility . my card limit was 100K needed mac book , topped up 40k and transaction went through for 136K

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
ItsBetter wrote:

Don’t know whats the issue with amex. They gave me very less limit. Even not increasing my credit limit

If you file your ITR, talk to customer care.
Its a serious limitation.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
nimod wrote:

If you file your ITR, talk to customer care.
Its a serious limitation.

Even hdfc provided me 4lac limit, but amex only 40k. I checked with customer care, but they told its based on our own credit team. We dont provide limit based on other bank card limit.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
SastaRaju wrote:

Amex does have the facility . my card limit was 100K needed mac book , topped up 40k and transaction went through for 136K

Did they levied any charges for this transcation?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Yesterday I paid 5k, and now its showing 45k spendng power. Showld I go ahead with prepaying all amount ?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
caks2006407 wrote:

first add 10K and try and see ‘Check Your Spending Power’ option

Yesterday I paid 5k, and now its showing 45k spendng power. Showld I go ahead with prepaying all amount ?

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
ItsBetter wrote:

Yesterday I paid 5k, and now its showing 45k spendng power. Showld I go ahead with prepaying all amount ?

Yes, good luck

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
ItsBetter wrote:

Yesterday I paid 5k, and now its showing 45k spendng power. Showld I go ahead with prepaying all amount ?

Bro, they will allow what you intend to do. But if you talk to their care asking for a solution they themselves will suggest what you had come up with.

So it is better if you talk to their care, I’m sure you will not be disappointed.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

Bro, they will allow what you intend to do. But if you talk to their care asking for a solution they themselves will suggest what you had come up with.

So it is better if you talk to their care, I’m sure you will not be disappointed.

I called them, but they denied. They told that we can provide only one time exception if there is some emergency and you have to transct in hospital, otherwise its not allowed

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
ItsBetter wrote:

I called them, but they denied. They told that we can provide only one time exception if there is some emergency and you have to transct in hospital, otherwise its not allowed

To be sure, call them again, you will connect to a different person. If they still say the same, better avoid this path. In my experience talking to them related to offers, they themselves will suggest how to best make use of offer. And most of the reps hold amex cards, and are in game to utilize the offers.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I too facing same issue.. my limit is only 25K.. They are not taking limit enhancement requests..Then they said RBI moratorium reason, now they are talking about back end team

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

Yes, good luck

So I prrapid total 46k through amazon and it got settled in morning. credit incresed to 86 k in my account. But now when i check spending limit its showing max 79k even if 86k is available in account. My premium is approx 81k.
Any idea how to tackkle this ?

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
ItsBetter wrote:

So I prrapid total 46k through amazon and it got settled in morning. credit incresed to 86 k in my account. But now when i check spending limit its showing max 79k even if 86k is available in account. My premium is approx 81k.
Any idea how to tackkle this ?

I think last payment(assuming u paid in parts) not yet settled, wait for a day until payment is moved from pending to settled

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

I think last payment(assuming u paid in parts) not yet settled, wait for a day until payment is moved from pending to settled

Yes I paid in parts of 5k to utilize amazon cc payment offer, but all showing sellted. Lets wait for one more day to get their backend system refreshed

Missing