Is Cashback Credit for Axis Flipkart Credit Card considered as Payment?

254°
Deal Cadet
IamRage

I got around 3000rs as cashback for using Axis Flikpkart Credit Card and my bill generated for that month was 2800 smthng.
So I didnt make any payment since the cashback itself was more than 2800. Does Axis consider this or it would come as not paid ?

32 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Better make minimum payment.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
sudhakarhd wrote:

Better make minimum payment.

Damn Due date was 6th Dec, I didnt pay since I saw my remaining balance was already above my limit

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
IamRage wrote:

Damn Due date was 6th Dec, I didnt pay since I saw my remaining balance was already above my limit

No need to worry. But better make minimum amount due now for safer side.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Generally axis Flipkart cashback is credited before 2-3 days of next month bill generated so in most case it gets automatically adjusted as u get bill after deducting the cashbcak amount. Just check transaction that it is the only credit or any other credits are there

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
shreyu2105 wrote:

Generally axis Flipkart cashback is credited before 2-3 days of next month bill generated so in most case it gets automatically adjusted as u get bill after deducting the cashbcak amount. Just check transaction that it is the only credit or any other credits are there

No this was just my second statement. no cashback mentioned in Statement.
Cashback got credited after 2 days from Bill generation.
Paid first statemen of ~75k in full in Oct 18
Second statement of ~2.8k received in Nov18
Received cashback of ~ 3k after 2 days of second statement Nov 20
Not used the card after that, due date was Dec6

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Terms and conditions mentioned as…
Non-customer initiated payment/credit such as Merchant refund/cashback charge reversals etc. received into the credit card account will not be considered as a payment towards the outstanding of the card. However, such credits will be considered to compute the subsequent month’s dues. @IamRage

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
sri222 wrote:

Terms and conditions mentioned as…
Non-customer initiated payment/credit such as Merchant refund/cashback charge reversals etc. received into the credit card account will not be considered as a payment towards the outstanding of the card. However, such credits will be considered to compute the subsequent month’s dues. @IamRage

Thanks this would be my first miss then in 4 years of CC use, never had a cashback card

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
IamRage wrote:

No this was just my second statement. no cashback mentioned in Statement.
Cashback got credited after 2 days from Bill generation.
Paid first statemen of ~75k in full in Oct 18
Second statement of ~2.8k received in Nov18
Received cashback of ~ 3k after 2 days of second statement Nov 20
Not used the card after that, due date was Dec6

Brother i am telling any other credit. Also check year you mentioned is correct?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
IamRage wrote:

Thanks this would be my first miss then in 4 years of CC use, never had a cashback

According to T&Cs, the cashback shouldn’t count towards due amount.
Contact customer support, if they say the same then make the payment immediately. Tell them you are a new customer, you thought cashback counted towards due amount and since it is the first time, ask for waiver of penalty charge if there is any. Try your luck with Axis.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
shreyu2105 wrote:

Brother i am telling any other credit. Also check year you mentioned is correct?

Brother those are not year its day. as I said I didnt use my card after that and cashback was credited after 2 days of generation so it was not adjusted

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
sri222 wrote:

According to T&Cs, the cashback shouldn’t count towards due amount.
Contact customer support, if they say the same then make the payment immediately. Tell them you are a new customer, you thought cashback counted towards due amount and since it is the first time, ask for waiver of penalty charge if there is any. Try your luck with Axis.

Tried no luck , 118rs will come as penalty
bill amount was ~ 2800 , cashback was ~ 3020 – bal +220
Now late payment fee + interest for month ~ 216
I didnt use my card after that
so this would anyways gets settled in my next statement right ?
Due date was 6th

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
IamRage wrote:

Tried no luck , 118rs will come as penalty
bill amount was ~ 2800 , cashback was ~ 3020 – bal +220
Now late payment fee + interest for month ~ 216
I didnt use my card after that
so this would anyways gets settled in my next statement right ?
Due date was 6th

Unlike other banks Axis is very stubborn in these money sucking opportunities, even escalation upto nodal also of no use, they will speak rules instead of considering the issue sympathetically.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
sri222 wrote:

Terms and conditions mentioned as…
Non-customer initiated payment/credit such as Merchant refund/cashback charge reversals etc. received into the credit card account will not be considered as a payment towards the outstanding of the card. However, such credits will be considered to compute the subsequent month’s dues. @IamRage

Wasn’t aware of this. My bill was of 699 due on 5th Dec. , I paid 549 as 150 was cb. Will this be counted as late payment?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
narayana1dd249 wrote:

Unlike other banks Axis is very stubborn in these money sucking opportunities, even escalation upto nodal also of no use, they will speak rules instead of considering the issue sympathetically.

Okay not going to take any risks paid the amount in full

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
cadence wrote:

Wasn’t aware of this. My bill was of 699 due on 5th Dec. , I paid 549 as 150 was cb. Will this be counted as late payment?

Check unbilled transactions, there is an entry for late payment fee for me . Posted yesterday

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
cadence wrote:

Wasn’t aware of this. My bill was of 699 due on 5th Dec. , I paid 549 as 150 was cb. Will this be counted as late payment?

Till 300 there is no late payment fee I guess, so you won’t have any

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
IamRage wrote:

Check unbilled transactions, there is an entry for late payment fee for me . Posted yesterday

No entry in Axis app under ‘recent transactions’, couldn’t locate unbilled transactions. CB was credited on 16th, bill generated on 17th hence didn’t pay. But statement didn’t reflect cb.

Thanks for posting this thread.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Pikachu_1 wrote:

Offtopic -Is cashback considered as payment in IDFC and HDFC bank?
@caks2006407 @sri222 @aam_aadmi
@Tjs15 @RSHARMA966

Yes, CB is always considered as payment(exception being Onecard), only confusion is with order refunds which some banks consider as payment and some do not

Delhi Capitals Delhi Capitals
Link Copied
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

Yes, CB is always considered as payment(exception being Onecard), only confusion is with order refunds which some banks consider as payment and some do not

Thank you for replying

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
cadence wrote:

Wasn’t aware of this. My bill was of 699 due on 5th Dec. , I paid 549 as 150 was cb. Will this be counted as late payment?

Late payment fees/interest levied, if the minimum amount due is unpaid after payment due date. Also No late payment fee if total payment due is up to Rs.300.
So you won’t be charged with late payment fee.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
sri222 wrote:

Late payment fees/interest levied, if the minimum amount due is unpaid after payment due date. Also No late payment fee if total payment due is up to Rs.300.
So you won’t be charged with late payment fee.

i’m not disputing late fees part.. maybe they waive it if amt is small.

Now u’ve said “interest levied, if the minimum amount due is unpaid after payment due date”
Eg my Total dues is Rs.1 lac and so minimum dues is Rs.5000… Ur saying if I pay Rs.5000 by due date then no interest will be levied? That doesn’t sound right buddy.

Cc @cadence @IAmRage

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
pingpong wrote:

i’m not disputing late fees part.. maybe they waive it if amt is small.

Now u’ve said “interest levied, if the minimum amount due is unpaid after payment due date”
Eg my Total dues is Rs.1 lac and so minimum dues is Rs.5000… Ur saying if I pay Rs.5000 by due date then no interest will be levied? That doesn’t sound right buddy.

Cc @cadence @IAmRage

Yes, interest will be charged on remaining amount.
Actually the sentence is from Axis credit card T&Cs.https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/727596/medium/IMG_20211212_234614.jpg?1639334347

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
pingpong wrote:

i’m not disputing late fees part.. maybe they waive it if amt is small.

Now u’ve said “interest levied, if the minimum amount due is unpaid after payment due date”
Eg my Total dues is Rs.1 lac and so minimum dues is Rs.5000… Ur saying if I pay Rs.5000 by due date then no interest will be levied? That doesn’t sound right buddy.

Cc @cadence @IAmRage

only late fees will not be charged if u pay min due. Interest will be charged on remaining 95k.

You actually reversed the sentence what he said, which is not correct. joy

The sentence is: late fee & interest is levied if min due is unpaid after due date.
It does not mean Interest is not levied if min due is paid. smile

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
atx88 wrote:

only late fees will not be charged if u pay min due. Interest will be charged on remaining 95k.

You actually reversed the sentence what he said, which is not correct. joy

The sentence is: late fee & interest is levied if min due is unpaid after due date.
It does not mean Interest is not levied if min due is paid. smile

ur right buddy.
@sri222 u we’re saying the right thing i read it the wrong way. my bad.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@sri222 I received the statement today and as expected late payment fee was charged but I don’t see an entry for interest charged.
Due Date was 6th Dec , but I paid only on 12th Dec
Current Due is 3800 Cr , I don’t understand why they didnt take interest or does it comes in next statement?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
IamRage wrote:

@sri222 I received the statement today and as expected late payment fee was charged but I don’t see an entry for interest charged.
Due Date was 6th Dec , but I paid only on 12th Dec
Current Due is 3800 Cr , I don’t understand why they didnt take interest or does it comes in next statement?

@atx88

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
IamRage wrote:

@sri222 I received the statement today and as expected late payment fee was charged but I don’t see an entry for interest charged.
Due Date was 6th Dec , but I paid only on 12th Dec
Current Due is 3800 Cr , I don’t understand why they didnt take interest or does it comes in next statement?

Actually the cashback is supposed to be credited 3 days before generation of statement. Don’t know why in your case it was deposited late.

The late fee was charged because there was no customer initiated payment. However, interest is charged as per balance amount. And if you see, since cashback got credited after 2 days more than bill amount, there was no pending outstanding in this case. That is why no interest charges. If you had paid min due, then even late fees wouldn’t have been charged.

But I guess as you can ask Axis to reverse it. Just mention them that since cashback was supposed to be deposited before statement generation but was not due to bank’s mistake, your due was actually in negative, so no payment even. They’ll refund it most probably.


Remember, cashback or refund or any credit is always adjusted against outstanding if it is in current billing cycle. Refund or cashback from last billing cycle is not considered as payment for last statement.

Noting that, even if it is not considered as an actual payment, still money has been credited to your account and therefore, interest is not charged & adjusted accordingly.


Also, off late I’ve seem this credit card interest formula to be different for different banks. So ideally in your case, interest charges should have been there from the dates of txn of that 2800 statement till the date of cashback credit, but need to look at axis card MITC why nothing was charged. I’m guessing if it was not charged then only logic that fills is the one I gave above, but still there are open questions.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
atx88 wrote:

Actually the cashback is supposed to be credited 3 days before generation of statement. Don’t know why in your case it was deposited late.

The late fee was charged because there was no customer initiated payment. However, interest is charged as per balance amount. And if you see, since cashback got credited after 2 days more than bill amount, there was no pending outstanding in this case. That is why no interest charges. If you had paid min due, then even late fees wouldn’t have been charged.

But I guess as you can ask Axis to reverse it. Just mention them that since cashback was supposed to be deposited before statement generation but was not due to bank’s mistake, your due was actually in negative, so no payment even. They’ll refund it most probably.

oh okay , makes sense. I tried asking them and they said cashback won’t be considered as payment and Axis never waiver the charges in any cases.
will try asking again couple of times more to different persons and see how that goes.

Thanks for your reply and info and thanks @sri222 .for your help.

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply