Is it worth relocating from Bangalore to home town.

64°
Deal Cadet
sidmanraj731

I’m from TN and I moved back to my hometown 3 months back and paying rent for my Bangalore flat.

What’s the best thing to do until the office opens? Any advice?

11 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
Blaze Blaze
Link Copied

How many more months do you have WFH ?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

u can leave bangalore for 6 months atleast and save rent(if u dont hv much furniture n all wid u)

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Vacate your Bangalore flat and keep all the stuffs in some rental warehouse at Bangalore or take it back to your Home town of sell it off (this you will have to evaluate)
1. most companies are WFH till march 2021
2. fresh rental means you get a cheaper rent (rentals have gown down in all big cities)
3. We never know how this WFH model will be going forward (TCS has called out that they plan to have 75% WFH permanently), other will also try something similar….
4. Govt is also tweaking policies to enable WFH …so going forward I see more and more people WFH (rotational basis)

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Sudarshan61 wrote:

Vacate your Bangalore flat and keep all the stuffs in some rental warehouse at Bangalore or take it back to your Home town of sell it off (this you will have to evaluate)
1. most companies are WFH till march 2021
2. fresh rental means you get a cheaper rent (rentals have gown down in all big cities)
3. We never know how this WFH model will be going forward (TCS has called out that they plan to have 75% WFH permanently), other will also try something similar….
4. Govt is also tweaking policies to enable WFH …so going forward I see more and more people WFH (rotational basis)

2nd point.. rents may go up once offices start operating ..

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
TEMPER wrote:

2nd point.. rents may go up once offices start operating ..

Wont be pre-covid level.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
TEMPER wrote:

2nd point.. rents may go up once offices start operating ..

not immediately rent will go up,atleast it will take 6-7 months once things will go in pre-covid time

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Do factor in the expenses you will incur if you leave your flat now and need to move to Bangalore at a later date. As you won’t have an accommodation, you will have to put up in some hotel and search for houses till you find something as per your requirement. Also, many people might be looking at the same time for a rented flat. So, chances that you will get at a lower rent for something you like will be lower.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Talk to a friend and dump all things either in your house or friend’s house and share rent.
Even 2-3 people can get together to save more money.
Or take small room for dump all and vacate flat.
You can save money but lot of hard work and inconvenience involved but still 6 months WFH is there so worth doing it.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

which is the best pack and mover to relocation house hold goods to TN?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
sidmanraj731 wrote:

which is the best pack and mover to relocation house hold goods to TN?

if you dont have furniture/big appliances, pack them yourself in big cartons and send by courier
it will be much cheaper

Missing