Hot Deal Is Poco X3 good at Rs. 15000 (plus bank discount) or wait for redmi note 10 pro?

335°
Deal Captain
Is Poco X3 good at Rs. 15000 (plus bank discount) or wait for redmi note 10 pro?

Is Poco X3 good at Rs. 15000 (plus bank discount) or wait for redmi note 10 pro?

Been looking to replace my redmi note 5 pro since quite some time and considering redmi note 10 pro. Any expected price range for it guys?

Will poco x3 at 15k – bank discount be a good option in upcoming sale on 24th or shall I wait for redmi note 10 pro series launch?

As per the article on GSM arena, the note 10 pro is rumoured to sport an OLED display which I personally would prefer over a 120hz LCD. If they maintain the 15k to 16k price for note 10 pro base model I would be more inclined towards note 10 pro solely because of the screen.
Source: https://www.gsmarena.com/redmi_note_10_pro_max_...

Suggestions welcomed, thanks in advance.

40 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
  • Sort By

I will say wait for Note 10 series.
Advantage of POCO is comparatively much less ads Vs Redmi phones.

If you are ok with inferior processor but much better screen ,camera , battery then consider Samsung M series OR previous gen A series.
If you can stretch budget then Samsung F62.

Going by trend since last 1 year , I expect price to be more by 1000 vs last year models, 2000 more if OLED screens for Note 10 series.

mobileyog wrote:

I will say wait for Note 10 series.
Advantage of POCO is comparatively much less ads Vs Redmi phones.

If you are ok with inferior processor but much better screen ,camera , battery then consider Samsung M series OR previous gen A series.
If you can stretch budget then Samsung F62.

Going by trend since last 1 year , I expect price to be more by 1000 vs last year models, 2000 more if OLED screens for Note 10 series.

I am ok with ads, can disable most of them anyways (forgot how exactly to do so, I was guided by someone on DD itself for my redmi note 5 pro 2 years ago).

I have tried the M21 last year and the processor was plain miserable! Also, used to get very hot around the rear camera region even with basic use. I would any day avoid the exynos 9611. The only con I see with it is the excellent AMOLED but nothing beyond that. The build was thin plastic on back which creeks on pressure, heating issues and super slow processor.

I am more keen on either the poco x3 or the redmi note 10 pro. Don’t want to spend beyond 15k (I would prefer lesser than 15k honestly).

Thanks for your suggestions.

One more thing you should be aware of newer phones Vs Note 5 Pro is huge increase in weight , size.

mobileyog wrote:

One more thing you should be aware of newer phones Vs Note 5 Pro is huge increase in weight , size.

Good point, this in fact is a point of contention too. The note 5 pro is lot lighter and slimmer than the giant phones we get to choose today but the phone is getting annoyingly slow of late and screams to be replaced soon.

RN10 pro will come under 2 variants 4g and 5g
One with Dimensity(5g) other with snapdragon 73X(4g)
Chances are they’re gonna stick to 120hz LCD since they removed the poll (AMOLED OR 120Hz LCD)
Price range will be 13-17k

R0417 wrote:

Chances are they’re gonna stick to 120hz LCD since they removed the poll (AMOLED OR 120Hz LCD)

https://twitter.com/ishanagarwal24/status/13630...
So wait for the best bro wink
@raghupro Big no to X3 because the best is yet to come in a couple of weeks smile
#AA_JJ sunglasses

Expand
cocay wrote:

What about 5g in Note 10?

AFAIK, They would be launching 4g/5g variants in all their models (note 10, note 10 pro and note 10 max). Things only would be clear in the next 10 days so we will have to wait for it smile
#AA_JJ sunglasses

Expand
cocay wrote:

What about 5g in Note 10?

There will be a 5G version for sure, at least the note 10 pro max but the question is would india get the 5G version or the 4G version only.

If I am not wrong, note 9 pro max had a 5G version in china which was later launched as mi 10i here in India.

If its coming with SD 750G for 5G variant, expect a price increase of 10-15% (16-18k)
@raghupro if its launched with 120Hz LCD
Then it’ll more or less similar to narzo 30pro… So compare the specs before u make a purchase

If it’s just the performance aspect of RN5 Pro that’s bothering you then flash any decent custom ROM. Stable Q ROMs are available. Boat load of development including an upgrade to kernel 4.19.

Xiaomi has been guilty of using below-par OLED displays in non-premium devices in the past. A high-quality LCD in that case could be the better option.

LIMBO wrote:

If it’s just the performance aspect of RN5 Pro that’s bothering you then flash any decent custom ROM. Stable Q ROMs are available. Boat load of development including an upgrade to kernel 4.19.

It’s an alien language for me, the last I loaded custom roms was 6 to 7years ago or so I guess.

Any easy guide for me? Or suggestions as to where I can look for one?

LIMBO wrote:

Xiaomi has been guilty of using below-par OLED displays in non-premium devices in the past. A high-quality LCD in that case could be the better option.

Agree with you on this

Expand
raghupro wrote:

It’s an alien language for me, the last I loaded custom roms was 6 to 7years ago or so I guess.

Any easy guide for me? Or suggestions as to where I can look for one?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/xiaomi-redmi...
Lot of development nowadays has shifted to Telegram.
First step obviously is to apply for bootloader unlocking permission if you haven’t already. After that is granted unlock it using Mi Unlock tool (unlocking bootloader wipes the data partition so backup data beforehand. ) followed by flashing a custom recovery, TWRP/Orange Fox etc followed by the custom ROM of your choice alongwith a Google Apps package like Open GApps, NikGApps etc. Optionally Magisk if root is required. Some ROMs may not pass Safety Net out-of-the-box necessisating the use of a Magisk module. LineageOS, Pixel Experience, Paranoid Android, Reloaded etc offer minimal customization whereas the likes of Havoc, crDroid, Resurrection Remix offer a truck load.
Mostly development of Q ROMs has been stopped in favour of R but I am steering clear of Android 11 ROMs for my devices for the next few months as bugs continue to be squashed and more customization features are added. You might wanna do the same even if it means staying on Q ROMs that are a couple of months behind in terms of latest security patches.
Just check out a few ROMs to see if there’s a noticeable boost in snappiness or not.

Here’s a guide https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/all-in-one-x...
Xiaomi is pretty inconsistent w.r.t. to time it takes for the unlocking permission to be granted which should give you enough time to get acquainted with necessary stuff.

• I am not sure about the ARB ( anti-rollback protection ) situation. Just don’t flash any MIUI ROM older than the one installed last in case you need to go back to MIUI for whatever reason in the future.
R0417 wrote:

In Amazon page, they mentioned Snapdragon proc, for gaming. Also Redmi head in Twitter tweeted a poll by a youtuber that, Indians won’t bother about 5g now, as no network of 5g around….

Also I’m seriously need NFC, Miui Dailler n messaging apps in it (not Google’s).
If possible carrier aggregation and front flash.

Expand
vickyVicky wrote:

In Amazon page, they mentioned Snapdragon proc, for gaming. Also Redmi head in Twitter tweeted a poll by a youtuber that, Indians won’t bother about 5g now, as no network of 5g around….

Also I’m seriously need NFC, Miui Dailler n messaging apps in it (not Google’s).
If possible carrier aggregation and front flash.

Yes, earlier speculations were that it’ll sport a Dimensity processor… Just saw the landing page on amazon and SD750G it is… The price won’t be as low as earlier Note series…
I agree with u, even i don’t care about 5g right now…
Yes CA is must for any purchase rn

wait for made in india iphones

hsmhsm wrote:

wait for made in india iphones

In 15k?

Expand
desiman wrote:

anything is possible

Nope, not with Apple. They won’t even offer the made in india iphone SE below 15k.

LIMBO wrote:

Is it possible to flash OnePlus’ rom to MI 10T?

Expand
R0417 wrote:

Yes, earlier speculations were that it’ll sport a Dimensity processor… Just saw the landing page on amazon and SD750G it is… The price won’t be as low as earlier Note series…
I agree with u, even i don’t care about 5g right now…
Yes CA is must for any purchase rn

Not 750G (which is 5g, gaming). It is 732G (4g, gaming). So lesser price only. But it is 4g………… I hate it…. Waited so long for this thinking 5g….

Expand
vickyVicky wrote:

Not 750G (which is 5g, gaming). It is 732G (4g, gaming). So lesser price only. But it is 4g………… I hate it…. Waited so long for this thinking 5g….

I’m talking about RN10 pro 5G which will come with SD750G
The RN10 pro 4G Will be equipped with SD73X series

Missing