Hot Deal

IT Professional Help Needed

1090°
Deal Subedar
Tony007

Hi Guys

I want to pursue my career in data science for that i need to learn python,mysql & machine learning. for that i need a good laptop in which i can learn this languages. so dimers help me with which laptop should i choose which have i3 or i5 Processer? ssd or hdd which one storage is best? graphics card is needed or not? if needed then integrated or dedicated graphics card? ram is 8gb or 16gb? if ssd then 256gb or 512gb?


if any IT professional is here guys help me
with which brand should i go Dell,Hp,Lenovo or anyother? if you have any suggestions then give. i also searching laptops but still need experts suggestions. laptop model suggestions are wlcm


@guest_999 @getready @Siddhartha07 @decideaim @rajatindia @karanoshan @kartikxxx

Expired
Top Comments
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

You don't need a power hungry machine until you start deploying the models. As you're on very initial stage, your current purchase will get outdated by the time you'll start interviewing for real "ml/ds" roles. My suggestion will be MacBook Air if you can afford, or any entry level laptop with 16GB / M.2 drive. Invest your saved money over Google colab and stable internet connection.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

i5 11th gen , ssd , ram 12gb will work for you


Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

Min 16GB RAM, 512GB/1TB SSD, Integrated graphics (Xe & above)

About CPU, the decision isn't simple (i3 vs i5 vs i7). 12th gen intel chips are way more powerful than 11th gen but there are too many variants (U,P,H). No Xe graphics for U | P & H series chips (two extra performance cores vs U) got more horsepower but this means they're power-hungry too [TDP/PBP : 15W (U) vs 28W (P) vs 45W (H)]. 11th gen i5 should be enough but P-Series is the safe bet. H-series is found in bulky options (Better performance [95W MTP] + cooling & lesser battery life w/ similar battery capacity) but unlike some of the thin/light-weight laptops (U,P) the display panels used on most of these devices are medicore (Even on ~1L options)

So, decide accordingly (Brand preference based on local service quality)

157 Comments  |  
29 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Baba Deal Baba
Link Copied

In my company, all the analyst and so called data scientists were allotted i7.

So considering that logic, atleast go with i5 , ssd (512).

Graphic card normal bydeafult will be fine i guess.

Either dell/ hp , dont go after Lenovo.
You may consider acer, or other brands as well as per your budget.

I believe, machine learning part u will do in cloud so this config of laptop should be fine.

And yeah Good luck for your new learnings. relaxed

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
kartikxxx wrote:

In my company, all the analyst and so called data scientists were allotted i7.

So considering that logic, atleast go with i5 , ssd (512).

Graphic card normal bydeafult will be fine i guess.

Either dell/ hp , dont go after Lenovo.
You may consider acer, or other brands as well as per your budget.

I believe, machine learning part u will do in cloud so this config of laptop should be fine.

And yeah Good luck for your new learnings. relaxed

Thanks For Info bro😊. how about u did u learn that redhat course or finished it earlier?

Deal Baba Deal Baba
Link Copied
Expand
Tony007 wrote:

Thanks For Info bro😊. how about u did u learn that redhat course or finished it earlier?

Yeah, that was done
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

You don't need a power hungry machine until you start deploying the models. As you're on very initial stage, your current purchase will get outdated by the time you'll start interviewing for real "ml/ds" roles. My suggestion will be MacBook Air if you can afford, or any entry level laptop with 16GB / M.2 drive. Invest your saved money over Google colab and stable internet connection.

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

Perfectly agree with what @TempAcc says here. While learning, you just with fabricated tiny data sets. All you need is a decent machines unless you want the models to build in a very short time for ML.

The real data sets is a different story, even your Apple M2 or Core i7/9 won't matter. Better to get a Paperspace account or google collab pro account for these, you will eventually need them once you move to deep learning where no local machines are sufficient to run the models unless you have a capable server.

Apple Macs are your most friendly machines to learn data science and python, so seamless to handle packages. Working with Terminal is a breeze and the machines handle the load really well. Get an M1 MacBook air, more than sufficient until you move to Paperspace or Google Collab Pro.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
TempAcc wrote:

You don't need a power hungry machine until you start deploying the models. As you're on very initial stage, your current purchase will get outdated by the time you'll start interviewing for real "ml/ds" roles. My suggestion will be MacBook Air if you can afford, or any entry level laptop with 16GB / M.2 drive. Invest your saved money over Google colab and stable internet connection.

yes bro whatever machine i bought it outdated by time. i can't afford macbook. thanks for suggestion. any laptop model suggestion?

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Himanshu1234567 wrote:

Adding expert @bikidas2060 bhai for suggestions!!!

Bhai, 16gb Ram, latest processor, ssd n a preferably matte finish ips display is the new vogue. Any brand ll be fine. Both hp n Lenovo gives 3 year ADP n warranty at a nominal price. So, I ll be inclined towards them a bit. No need for standalone powerful discrete graphics. 🙂

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Bhai, 16gb Ram, latest processor, ssd n a preferably matte finish ips display is the new vogue. Any brand ll be fine. Both hp n Lenovo gives 3 year ADP n warranty at a nominal price. So, I ll be inclined towards them a bit. No need for standalone powerful discrete graphics. 🙂

Thanks bro any model suggestion?

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
Tony007 wrote:

Thanks bro any model suggestion?

I have actually. 
https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/ideapad/s-...
It has all the necessary qualifications along with a massive 76Wh battery. It costs 63k in corp emp program and you can get 5% extra cashback on any bank CC. If you use SBI cashback card you will get 5% extra on top of the above mentioned cashback. 🙂🙂 That's just a suggestion. I am sure there must be several such laptops out there. I will find one for you. But you gotta wait for 2-3 days. 🙂
Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
Tony007 wrote:

Thanks bro any model suggestion?

Whatever model biki bhai suggest make sure to get extended warranty & at least 1 year ADP on it(in case you get laptop delivered with something physically damaged then your only rescue is ADP as fk/amazon won't consider any such case once laptop delivery is successfully accepted by you).
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
kartikxxx wrote:

In my company, all the analyst and so called data scientists were allotted i7.

So considering that logic, atleast go with i5 , ssd (512).

Graphic card normal bydeafult will be fine i guess.

Either dell/ hp , dont go after Lenovo.
You may consider acer, or other brands as well as per your budget.

I believe, machine learning part u will do in cloud so this config of laptop should be fine.

And yeah Good luck for your new learnings. relaxed

Lol I’m neither an analyst nor a data scientist but I got i7 64gb😂from office, after your comment I should stop calling my admin guys dumb😂 I love them now.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:
Whatever model biki bhai suggest make sure to get extended warranty & at least 1 year ADP on it(in case you get laptop delivered with something physically damaged then your only rescue is ADP as fk/amazon won't consider any such case once laptop delivery is successfully accepted by you).
Bhau it has 1 year ADP. for 2999 he can get 3 years warranty + ADP. Nice naa.
Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

I'll suggest Lenovo. My experience has been pretty good with them. You can look for below models as per your preference:

82NC00FSIN - 11th gen i5, 16gb ram, 3y warranty + 1y ADP by default - [76k before offers]
PS: Lenovo website have several coupon codes, you need to search on dd and apply. Additionally, there is another offer which is 10% upto 5k cashback on any credit card.
Yoga Slim 7i Pro 11th Gen (14, Intel)| Long battery Life Laptop | Lenovo India

Another good laptop one of my friends bought today is 2022 Dell Inspiron 14 - 76k (with offers 70k).
PS: 2y extra warranty is available for 1.
Inspiron 14 Laptop with 12th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor | Dell India

Dell has a few coupon codes like SPOT1000, and then citibank credit card offer (10% upto 5k cashback) on top of it.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Laptop have two problem - battery and Heat


-the more advance laptop u take more heat it will generate and possible throttle

-u will need dedicated graphic card a)fast processing of multimedia content (youtube education) b)some app/emulator needs graphic card (bluestack)

-settle for i3 with dedicated graphic card, use the saved money elsewhere

-for memory SSD will good (as it will b fast and no noise later ), but all SSD come in cheap offer as external so dont worry about size and type in laptop

-DELL is the best brand in my opinion , there laptop do last long DELL/HP/Lenova in this order ,, do not go for acer they are cheap and bad

-also check the sound config. not just the loudness (but loudness do define this ) .. even 1.5L macbook have poor sound and i have to connect external speaker just to watch series

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
demerius2020 wrote:

Laptop have two problem - battery and Heat


-the more advance laptop u take more heat it will generate and possible throttle

-u will need dedicated graphic card a)fast processing of multimedia content (youtube education) b)some app/emulator needs graphic card (bluestack)

-settle for i3 with dedicated graphic card, use the saved money elsewhere

-for memory SSD will good (as it will b fast and no noise later ), but all SSD come in cheap offer as external so dont worry about size and type in laptop

-DELL is the best brand in my opinion , there laptop do last long DELL/HP/Lenova in this order ,, do not go for acer they are cheap and bad

-also check the sound config. not just the loudness (but loudness do define this ) .. even 1.5L macbook have poor sound and i have to connect external speaker just to watch series

Acer is also good bro. using Acer laptops for last 10 years. No major issue faced.

Anyway now Looking to buy new laptop, this time will go for Dell/Lenovo/Macbook.
which macbook model you have?
any better suggestion instead of mackbook.
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
Expand
Dastro wrote:
Acer is also good bro. using Acer laptops for last 10 years. No major issue faced.

Anyway now Looking to buy new laptop, this time will go for Dell/Lenovo/Macbook.
which macbook model you have?
any better suggestion instead of mackbook.
go to some showroom 
try dell/hp
try acer
tell then which feel good?
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

buy i7, 2GB graphics card,16GGB RAM with 512GB SSD.. buy dell built quality little low, slightly price less than HP.. buy HP for good built quality... rest all hardware same, long lasting... customer support both are same 1-2 days..  dnt buy any other brands like acer, gicer and all.. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
From where you plan to learn apart from college 
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Macbook air or lenovo thinkpad. Go for macbook air

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

Min 16GB RAM, 512GB/1TB SSD, Integrated graphics (Xe & above)

About CPU, the decision isn't simple (i3 vs i5 vs i7). 12th gen intel chips are way more powerful than 11th gen but there are too many variants (U,P,H). No Xe graphics for U | P & H series chips (two extra performance cores vs U) got more horsepower but this means they're power-hungry too [TDP/PBP : 15W (U) vs 28W (P) vs 45W (H)]. 11th gen i5 should be enough but P-Series is the safe bet. H-series is found in bulky options (Better performance [95W MTP] + cooling & lesser battery life w/ similar battery capacity) but unlike some of the thin/light-weight laptops (U,P) the display panels used on most of these devices are medicore (Even on ~1L options)

So, decide accordingly (Brand preference based on local service quality)

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

@Tony007 Get a m1 or m2 mac mini / macbook best for your use case trust me on this m1/m2 is way better at what you need all this x86 processor are usless unless you wanna game on it. If i were you i would get a mac so i wont be distracted and will never be able to game on it. The best option is to not keep any so you only do what you must.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

@Tony007 AMD and INTEL are behind. Dont invest your money in 2gen old hardware arm is the way ahead.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

@TempAcc @raghupro 

both of them have already given you the best advice and i would say the same if you cant buy it then i would recommend you get a used or cheap laptop and save up dont waste your money. In my experiance nor intel or amd are making chips that have inbuilt performance for data science related work you are just gonna be wasting your money as they are 2 generation behind of what apple is doing right now in the computer space i own a ryzen desktop fully specced that i got way back which was ok then but now its a totally different game alltogether. This is my 3rd comment for a reason i dont want you to invest in a laptop which is gonna be usless in the coming 2 years not coz of its usability but because of its performance for the task you are intending to buy for. I dont mean to disrespect anyone here but trust me x86 (Intel / AMD) is just usless for your use case.


Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:
I have actually. 
https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/ideapad/s-...
It has all the necessary qualifications along with a massive 76Wh battery. It costs 63k in corp emp program and you can get 5% extra cashback on any bank CC. If you use SBI cashback card you will get 5% extra on top of the above mentioned cashback. 🙂🙂 That's just a suggestion. I am sure there must be several such laptops out there. I will find one for you. But you gotta wait for 2-3 days. 🙂

Thanks bro. i chk this one also. I am not in hurry so i take your time and suggest other model also

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:
Whatever model biki bhai suggest make sure to get extended warranty & at least 1 year ADP on it(in case you get laptop delivered with something physically damaged then your only rescue is ADP as fk/amazon won't consider any such case once laptop delivery is successfully accepted by you).

thanks bro i will take extended warranty & at least 1 year ADP

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply