jio fiber - can we get STB by paying ₹1000 with ₹399 plan?

79°
Generous
santosh_blr

Was checking their portal and the information is not clear (atleast to me). People using Jio Fiber, pls clarify these below points for me..

1. Is Jio Fiber prepaid plan better compared to their post paid plan?  can we save on GST in case of mobile connections?

2. If we opt for a 399 plan, can we get the STB by paying additional ₹1000 security deposit so that we can access the OTT apps for free?

3. Want this connection mainly for TV viewing and as a backup internet connection. Is it meaningful?

4. Does the STB work on wifi or does it require a wired connection from their wifi router / ONT?

5. Are there multiple models of ONT & STB offered? Any specific brand/model that should be requested? (Like how they had multiple models of their jio phone)

5 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

1. GST cannot be claimed for personal/home connections. They have separate commercial plans if you need GST bills to claim tax

2. When buying new connection, you need to pay extra 1000 only for STB. They provide 1 month free OTT apps. After that you need to recharge for higher plan which has OTT subscription, else 399 plan does not have OTT access.

3. That is totally upto you.

4. I think STB works on both wifi and LAN cable (one is provided in the box)

5. Currently only a single model is available which has both 2GHz and 5GHz wifi bands

Generous Generous
Link Copied

So basically we cannot use OTT apps with STB + 399 plan then pensive

Pro DealBaba Pro DealBaba
Link Copied

I think if u have ur ott subscription, then u can use it , using jio internet.

Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied

@sj1 perfect!!! Additional info, Few live channels we can access with 399 plan which are not on OTT apps (like ddchannels and free channels we can get even on 399 plan)

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

1. Is Jio Fiber prepaid plan better compared to their post paid plan? can we save on GST in case of mobile connections?
Postpaid can be used to save installation charges and deposit but you won’t get first month trial (999 plan)

2. If we opt for a 399 plan, can we get the STB by paying additional ₹1000 security deposit so that we can access the OTT apps for free?
U can use but for stb you have to purchase initiallly and they won’t give stb with 399 plan
Take trial with 2500 deposit and stb and convert to 399 plan second month onwards (prepaid)

3. Want this connection mainly for TV viewing and as a backup internet connection. Is it meaningful?
Take prepaid with stb or 3 months postpaid with stb (999 onward plan)

4. Does the STB work on wifi or does it require a wired connection from their wifi router / ONT?
Wifi

5. Are there multiple models of ONT & STB offered? Any specific brand/model that should be requested? (Like how they had multiple models of their jio phone)
Standard jio branded (made in China’)

replyuser
Click here to reply