Karnataka passes bill to ban online 'games of chance'

233°
23 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Looks like most contests now going avoid Karnataka just like tamil nadu

@Mayavi

Is cash backs also get affected ?and fk games and amazon spin?

Community Angel Community Angel
Moderator
Link Copied
Bk100 wrote:

Looks like most contests now going avoid Karnataka just like tamil nadu

@Mayavi

Is cash backs also get affected ?and fk games and amazon spin?

Officially yes.
Not eligible for any prizes based on pure luck.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Why not just ban everything?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Indirectly such app/games are Gambling but given different names to avoid govt radar.

It’s better to ban all India or bring a better law for such app overall.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Mayavi wrote:

Officially yes.
Not eligible for any prizes based on pure luck.

But unofficially we can still able to use fk and Amazon. Is not it? Any difficulties we going face?

Community Angel Community Angel
Moderator
Link Copied
Expand
Bk100 wrote:

But unofficially we can still able to use fk and Amazon. Is not it? Any difficulties we going face?

No issue with Amz/Fk.
But not eligible for any contests and prizes.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Mayavi wrote:

No issue with Amz/Fk.
But not eligible for any contests and prizes.

Ok.

👍

Community Angel Community Angel
Moderator
Link Copied
Expand
Bk100 wrote:

Ok.

👍

BTW congrats for winning Full house..

smile

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Mayavi wrote:

BTW congrats for winning Full house..

smile

Thanks. 🙏

Yeh bhi ban main aayega kya next week se. 😂

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
punjabi08 wrote:

Reason for ban ?

primarily because it’s a gamble?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
I have seen peoples destroying family and lifes , indulged in online betting / gambling apps .
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
punjabi08 wrote:

Reason for ban ?

Kyunki ‘game of chance’ haraam heiN.
Aur Basavaraj Somappa Bommai maantey heiN, ki Islam iski anumati nahiN deta.

Translotion: •https://thewire.in/sport/ipl-betting-suicide-cricket
••https://bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-46505722••
•••https://meity.gov.in/advisory-blue-whale-challenge-game•• These are/get banned as the ‘so called’ elected represenratives of the people feel obligated to reduce😔 the number of nominees and winners of Darwin Awards. https://darwinawards.com


But the governments/ elected representatives fail to appreciate the likely ‘betterment’ of the species (Homo sapiens) which such “running themselves up into high debt” and the occasional suicides bring.😊
https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards Any such perceived adverse actions by those few people, in the long run, might actually help the species become better.
It would help the species, if more people ‘play’… ‘Blue Whale’ and/or run up humongous debts to ‘play’ in ‘Dream eleven’ type excrements.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
TempAcc wrote:

primarily because it’s a gamble?

It is foolish thinking.

How can they control online betting?
Even they are not able catch culprits in Online fraud saying how can we catch person as he residing in other state and other country.
Now most online betting sites are situated in outside country. How police going to enforce it?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
saymyname78 wrote:
I have seen peoples destroying family and lifes , indulged in online betting / gambling apps .

Do you also🙂, wish for at-least some of them to get nominated for, or better still
https://desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/topics/karnataka-passes-bill-to-ban-online-games-of-chance#post_7949075 win Darwin Awards?🙂🙃🙂🙃

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Bk100 wrote:

It is foolish thinking.

How can they control online betting?
Even they are not able catch culprits in Online fraud saying how can we catch person as he residing in other state and other country.
Now most online betting sites are situated in outside country. How police going to enforce it?

If you can’t control a part of an entity doesn’t mean you release all controls over it.
He asked about the law, you’re describing enforcement. both are different things.

Elite Elite
Link Copied

Good decision I think. All state should do this because gambling is not good

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Ban Google pay🥺🥺 universal ban

Missing