Kotak 811 bank account opening query

72°
Missing
Deal Cadet

Guys what does this second para supposed to mean? Won’t I be able to open any other bank account through OTP based E-kyc? Help needed. Thanks. https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/596785/original/Screenshot_2019-11-29-19-18-57-888_com.android.chrome.jpg?1575036278

13 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar

It means that at a time you can open only one account with ekyc. If you want to open another one, then you have to complete full kyc for the first one.

Missing
Deal Cadet
rohan8397 wrote:

It means that at a time you can open only one account with ekyc. If you want to open another one, then you have to complete full kyc for the first one.

Are you sure that i can open new bank account with other banks after a while once i completed this kotak 811 kyc? Its safe to proceed with ekyc with kotak 811?

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
Hustle wrote:

Are you sure that i can open new bank account with other banks after a while once i completed this kotak 811 kyc? Its safe to proceed with ekyc with kotak 811?

Yes yes. I opened kotak 811 more than two years back. Now converted to full kyc also. Zero balance account without any fuss. Never got any unwanted charges.
And few months ago opened Dbs account also through ekyc and converted to full kyc. No issues at all.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
rohan8397 wrote:

Yes yes. I opened kotak 811 more than two years back. Now converted to full kyc also. Zero balance account without any fuss. Never got any unwanted charges.
And few months ago opened Dbs account also through ekyc and converted to full kyc. No issues at all.

Thanks a lot bro blush

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
Expand
rohan8397 wrote:

Which is better of the two in terms of offers and fees/charges, Kotak811 or DBS?

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
1cooldesidd wrote:

Which is better of the two in terms of offers and fees/charges, Kotak811 or DBS?

Both of them no unwanted fees/charges.

DBS gives some offers every month for maintaining balance and stuff.
Also bigbasket card of dbs gives 10% cashback on bigbasket. Plus you have the refer benefit.

Take care that you don’t take any offline things from kotak like debit card, cheque etc. Pretty high charges. Even during full kyc, insist that you don’t want any physical debit card.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
rohan8397 wrote:

Both of them no unwanted fees/charges.

DBS gives some offers every month for maintaining balance and stuff.
Also bigbasket card of dbs gives 10% cashback on bigbasket. Plus you have the refer benefit.

Take care that you don’t take any offline things from kotak like debit card, cheque etc. Pretty high charges. Even during full kyc, insist that you don’t want any physical debit card.

Hello sir I want to open zero balance account… But I have some questions my preferences is kotak but I heard about account block rumours and I afaird that if my money got stuck then what becaue I have to do many online transactions can you tell me any account blocking insident you faced ever?
Is Paytm payment bank account is much safer than kotak?

Missing
Critic
Expand
TheWolf wrote:

Hello sir I want to open zero balance account… But I have some questions my preferences is kotak but I heard about account block rumours and I afaird that if my money got stuck then what becaue I have to do many online transactions can you tell me any account blocking insident you faced ever?

Kotak is certainly much better bank than paytm/any payments bank. Also your account can be blocked in any bank(govt or pvt) if there are rules violation. Most people complaining about account blocks are those who didn’t read terms & conditions carefully before opening account online & then they violate some rule without knowing & then blame bank for blocking account. Some of the things to note:
1.Before doing full kyc(not aadaar otp which is still limited kyc) do not make large transactions/add large amount of money.
2.Make sure that there is a bank branch in the city of your aadhaar address & if it is not then clarify from customer care first if it will pose any issue(recently govt allowed people to give a self declaration of their current/temporary address to banks etc for address proof where aadhaar address is different/permanent address but implementation by banks may take some time).
3.Always try to use such banking app only accounts on a non-rooted android mobile running manufacturer rom unless you know enough to expertly use custom roms & various magisk modules(if you don’t know what I am talking about then you don’t know enough).

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
TheWolf wrote:

No account blocking incident faced ever. Whether it is Paytm payments, kotak or DBS. All are safe

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
TheWolf wrote:

Just use this account to rollover your money that’s it..
I don’t keep any balance in these payments account..

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
mrKool_JJ wrote:

Just use this account to rollover your money that’s it..
I don’t keep any balance in these payments account..

But i want to put money… In my current sb account there are some minimum balance condition…i am not earning person so it is difficult to maintain minimum balance in my account so after quarterly calculation they deduct some amount to avoid this deduction I want some zero balance account… I mostly do online transactions and debit card payment but I do lots of transactions online and offline… Like even 10rs to 1000rs… So I don’t want to run if they block my account.

Note after merging banks they raised monthly minimum balance condition

Missing
Deal Cadet

What I want
1) Zero balance account
They giving or not chequebook no problem
2) If they can give debit card it is good for me (visa or rupay no matter)
3) Internet banking facility which is important
4) And my money remains save whatever I have 5000 or 100 in account this is most important for me as any govt bank.

For same service I talk to pnb branch they are giving zero balance account with rupay card but they are not giving netbanking…for netbanking they are telling to upgrade to minimum balance account they they provide me netbanking

Missing
Deal Subedar
TheWolf wrote:

What I want
1) Zero balance account
They giving or not chequebook no problem
2) If they can give debit card it is good for me (visa or rupay no matter)
3) Internet banking facility which is important
4) And my money remains save whatever I have 5000 or 100 in account this is most important for me as any govt bank.

For same service I talk to pnb branch they are giving zero balance account with rupay card but they are not giving netbanking…for netbanking they are telling to upgrade to minimum balance account they they provide me netbanking

debit card is chargeable , you can opt for axis or 811 , both give netbanking , debit card and cheque for zero balance account but charge for those, if 1200 INR is ok for you for debit card than look into indusind bank also. but there are many ways to open zero balance account. depends on bank.

Missing