Kotak 811 Debit card and GPay

80°
83
3328
48
Kotak 811 Debit card and GPay

A query to those who have the Kotak 811 a/c. I opened one yesterday just to make use of the GPay offer but upon adding the debit card GPay shows the following:- https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/683010/medium/7605319Screenshot-20210504-022025.png?1620158349

What to do to resolve? It was reported that the virtual VISA debit card works on GPay, but for me it’s not working.

21 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
  • Sort By
83
3328
48

Anyone? No kotak 811 account holders who utilised the GPay offer? I enabled the ECOM/ online option for the card which came off by default but it still would show the same error

50
341
2

I have physical card and have linked it. Just try linking it again. Is your card operational now on other websites? Money deducting? Full KYC done?

83
3328
48
smz wrote:

I have physical card and have linked it. Just try linking it again. Is your card operational now on other websites? Money deducting? Full KYC done?

I opened the account online, through the video KYC procedure. The welcome email says Welcome to Kotak 811 Full KYC Digital Savings Account Family, so I’m guessing yes full KYC is done.

I also enabled the online/ECOM option under debit card control in their app, I thought that was the reason why GPay was not accepting but nope, even after enabling that it’s not working.

No, I haven’t used that card anywhere else. I just opened the a/c couple of days ago, only to utilise the GPay offer.

47
2151
11
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

I opened the account online, through the video KYC procedure. The welcome email says Welcome to Kotak 811 Full KYC Digital Savings Account Family, so I’m guessing yes full KYC is done.

I also enabled the online/ECOM option under debit card control in their app, I thought that was the reason why GPay was not accepting but nope, even after enabling that it’s not working.

No, I haven’t used that card anywhere else. I just opened the a/c couple of days ago, only to utilise the GPay offer.

Bro check that in other platform your card is working or not mine kyc verified and I had no prob to use that gpay offer

50
341
2
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

I opened the account online, through the video KYC procedure. The welcome email says Welcome to Kotak 811 Full KYC Digital Savings Account Family, so I’m guessing yes full KYC is done.

I also enabled the online/ECOM option under debit card control in their app, I thought that was the reason why GPay was not accepting but nope, even after enabling that it’s not working.

No, I haven’t used that card anywhere else. I just opened the a/c couple of days ago, only to utilise the GPay offer.

Just do a small amount transaction on any website to check if it operational. If that works, then try adding on google pay

84
1473
20

Some Days Ago I Disabled My Kotak Debit Card Domestic Transaction Through Kotak 811 App… But Now Whenever I Try To Enable My Domestic Transaction It’s Showing “Request Could not be processed as some technical error Occurred”….

Any Solution..?

83
3328
48
Expand
EkakiAmi wrote:

Bro check that in other platform your card is working or not mine kyc verified and I had no prob to use that gpay offer

So I transferred some small amount to the Kotak ac and then added the virtual debit card to add the money on Amazon Pay balance and it worked just fine. Tried readding the card to GPay (again), the error remains just as same! I’m done with this.

Thanks for trying to help fellas. Kotak must have keeping something blocked on their system for my card.

47
2151
11
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

So I transferred some small amount to the Kotak ac and then added the virtual debit card to add the money on Amazon Pay balance and it worked just fine. Tried readding the card to GPay (again), the error remains just as same! I’m done with this.

Thanks for trying to help fellas. Kotak must have keeping something blocked on their system for my card.

Try calling their cc rep..

674
5342
57
Hi.Debasish wrote:

Some Days Ago I Disabled My Kotak Debit Card Domestic Transaction Through Kotak 811 App… But Now Whenever I Try To Enable My Domestic Transaction It’s Showing “Request Could not be processed as some technical error Occurred”….

Any Solution..?

I thought I was the only one facing such issue(similar situation but kotak credit card managed via 811 app). It took 2 weeks I think & during this I also emailed them via contact us option in netbanking with screenshots of the error. I think it is better to avoid using kotak 811 app for managing kotak cards & instead use netbanking for this.

674
5342
57
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

So I transferred some small amount to the Kotak ac and then added the virtual debit card to add the money on Amazon Pay balance and it worked just fine. Tried readding the card to GPay (again), the error remains just as same! I’m done with this.

Thanks for trying to help fellas. Kotak must have keeping something blocked on their system for my card.

For adding cards in this manner to such apps you must enable “tokenized payment/transaction” option which by default is disabled.

83
3328
48
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

For adding cards in this manner to such apps you must enable “tokenized payment/transaction” option which by default is disabled.

Where is that option found? Cannot find such option anywhere in the app.

674
5342
57
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

Where is that option found? Cannot find such option anywhere in the app.

In 811 app go to manage debit card—card control option. “Tokenized payment” is just another type of transaction like e-comm, PoS, contactless etc which you need to enable.

83
3328
48
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

In 811 app go to manage debit card—card control option. “Tokenized payment” is just another type of transaction like e-comm, PoS, contactless etc which you need to enable.

Ah thanks. Now the root of the problem is clear. I don’t even have that option.

https://ibb.co/g...WH

674
5342
57
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

Ah thanks. Now the root of the problem is clear. I don’t even have that option.

https://ibb.co/g...WH

Are you using the latest version of 811 app because latest versions don’t allow taking screenshots?

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/683481/medium/7614261P-20210507-132447.jpg?1620374777

83
3328
48
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Are you using the latest version of 811 app because latest versions don’t allow taking screenshots?

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/683481/medium/7614261P-20210507-132447.jpg?1620374777

Yeah I’m always on latest version for all apps lol. Took the screenshot from pc using something called scrcpy.

674
5342
57
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

Yeah I’m always on latest version for all apps lol. Took the screenshot from pc using something called scrcpy.

Looks like you have to get a physical card for tokenized option to get enabled which also makes sense because tokenized card is like a virtual version of a physical card so for a virtual card it will mean a double virtualized card.

83
3328
48
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Looks like you have to get a physical card for tokenized option to get enabled which also makes sense because tokenized card is like a virtual version of a physical card so for a virtual card it will mean a double virtualized card.

And the physical card will carry the standard annual visa fees I’m sure?

674
5342
57
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

And the physical card will carry the standard annual visa fees I’m sure?

Yes, 199 or 150+gst annual fee.

Missing