kotak card upgrade

273°
Hunk
Fanil

I currently hold a kotak league platinum credit card which is life time free. Yesterday I received a mail for upgrade to Mojo card. I have researched a bit and don’t feel that the upgrade is worth since its features are similar to old hdfc millenia but it is charged higher..

I know that kotak has a pathetic reward system so would you suggest me to keep league platinum or upgrade to Mojo.

62 Comments  |  
16 Dimers
  • Sort By
Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
Rohhitt wrote:

True that! I had got kotak royale signature as ltf (claimed by agents) but later checked with customer care it turned out to be with annual + joining fee. Later raised a request to cancel but they converted it to ltf.

Same happened with me.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

Yes
I can also see pre-approved cc ( Mojo Platinum ) with 1K annual charges smile
If not for rewards, kotak has frequent 10% discount offers FK/Amazon compared to ICICI
^^ Not bad, if it is LTF

Not ltf.. if you apply and don’t spend 1L you’ll be charged 1k. Also millennia is way better because it has smartbuy and card benefits seperately and lesser charge where as kotak has only kaymall benefit and no card benefits..

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
avgn wrote:

Are you able to redeem Kotak rewards in the new portal
It always give an error

Yes I redeemed 6000 kotak rewards(actually around 15k rp) for ₹1500 today

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Dileep_kumar wrote:

im using mojo card previously urbane, got a cal frm cc said no need but with out my consent they sent this card but they didnt charged any fee dont know y

More than a year over? It’s either free joininy or first year free, you must see charges in second year end..

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Dileep_kumar wrote:

im using mojo card previously urbane, got a cal frm cc said no need but with out my consent they sent this card but they didnt charged any fee dont know y

More than a year over? It’s either free joininy or first year free, you must see charges in second year end..

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
LG50 wrote:

It’s showing two cards there, Mojo and essentia. In Mojo, the annual fees has not mentioned or its displaying as “₹”

Better call their cc and confirm if the card is indeed ltf and not just first year free etc …

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
LG50 wrote:

Should I opt for this??

As they have mentioned “free”


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/718606/medium/IMG_20211014_002243.jpg?1634151132

Call customer care, they’ll say it’s only joining free.. you need to spend 1L in a year to waiver annual charges.. had received similar offer on emaol

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
pankajsammal wrote:

go to Kotak app, check card upgrade there and it should show if the card is ltf or not. If it is free then you can take it.

For me it shows you’ve already applied for this.. please reach out to customer care in care for queries.. could you share a screenshot highlighting where it’s mentioned ltf or not?

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
LG50 wrote:

It’s showing two cards there, Mojo and essentia. In Mojo, the annual fees has not mentioned or its displaying as “₹”

Can you send a screenshot.. also essentia is the only good card from kotak in case you buy a lot of groceries from departmental stores..

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Fanil wrote:

More than a year over? It’s either free joininy or first year free, you must see charges in second year end..

No 5 months old card

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
Dileep_kumar wrote:

No 5 months old card

I think it’s mostly charged card(except for joining fees) . You may confirm regarding this with cc..do update here so that we also become aware..

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
pankajsammal wrote:

Better call their cc and confirm if the card is indeed ltf and not just first year free etc …

Yes this is best and also let us know what they say @LG50

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
Fanil wrote:

Yes this is best and also let us know what they say @LG50

Over the call it they say it is ltf ask them to send it in written through email also for records and they will do so. I got this message over whatsapp message from their offical Kotak support account. Better to have records.

“Hi!

As per our discussion on the call, your request for a life time free credit card is processed and you will receive the same in 7 working days. We look forward for more opportunities to serving you again.

Warm regards,
Team Kotak Mahindra Bank
"

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
pankajsammal wrote:

Over the call it they say it is ltf ask them to send it in written through email also for records and they will do so. I got this message over whatsapp message from their offical Kotak support account. Better to have records.

“Hi!

As per our discussion on the call, your request for a life time free credit card is processed and you will receive the same in 7 working days. We look forward for more opportunities to serving you again.

Warm regards,
Team Kotak Mahindra Bank
"

Which card and could you help me understand the process you followed for same?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
Fanil wrote:

Which card and could you help me understand the process you followed for same?

I did not upgrade my card. I send them a request to close my card (urbane) as I don’t find Kotak cards useful.

Then they called me after a week and offered me a ltf credit card(royal signature). I agreed to it and also asked them to send it in written that the card will indeed be ltf which they did.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
pankajsammal wrote:

I did not upgrade my card. I send them a request to close my card (urbane) as I don’t find Kotak cards useful.

Then they called me after a week and offered me a ltf credit card(royal signature). I agreed to it and also asked them to send it in written that the card will indeed be ltf which they did.

Thanks for info.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

Kotak used to offer LTF cards to 811 customers before
But these days, most of these LTF offers (Fake*) are from despo agents

So.. in such cases if you were promised LTF and the card turned to be paid (Joining + Annual fee).. You can contact their support and if they get convinced that you got trapped into this via false promises, they will convert the card to LTF

I tried this, but they didn’t listen and even agreed to cancel the card.

They even raised a False Promise DMA request, to pacify me and save them from giving it as LTF.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
pankajsammal wrote:

I did not upgrade my card. I send them a request to close my card (urbane) as I don’t find Kotak cards useful.

Then they called me after a week and offered me a ltf credit card(royal signature). I agreed to it and also asked them to send it in written that the card will indeed be ltf which they did.

How old was your urbane card and spends history?
And your relationship and account variant with Kotak?
My agent said to give Royal Signature LTF to ONLY higher account variant holders.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
gagan12121 wrote:

How old was your urbane card and spends history?
And your relationship and account variant with Kotak?
My agent said to give Royal Signature LTF to ONLY higher account variant holders.

I am also planning on closing my kotak urbane card though its annual fee is just Rs.199 with annual fee waiver target only 15k so might keep it.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
gagan12121 wrote:

How old was your urbane card and spends history?
And your relationship and account variant with Kotak?
My agent said to give Royal Signature LTF to ONLY higher account variant holders.

Kotak urbane credit card was 3 years old with total spends in past 3 years amounting less then 5000.

Card limit was 2.25 lakhs.
Also have a zero balance Kotak 811 full kyc account with some 20k money in it.

CC said to me based on your card limit we can offer you ltf royal signature.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

I am also planning on closing my kotak urbane card though its annual fee is just Rs.199 with annual fee waiver target only 15k so might keep it.

I was never able to reach the spend target even once on the card. Spend like 5k in total in 3 years on it.. joy
That’s why I wanted to close it just to remove the headache of paying the fee atleast for one of my cards.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
pankajsammal wrote:

I was never able to reach the spend target even once on the card. Spend like 5k in total in 3 years on it.. joy
That’s why I wanted to close it just to remove the headache of paying the fee atleast for one of my cards.

You actually did good.. urbane card is the most pathetic card I’ve even seen..

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
Fanil wrote:

You actually did good.. urbane card is the most pathetic card I’ve even seen..

Yeah, got it as my second credit card and that was the only reason I had it active as to not affect my cibil.
Need to cancel/downgrade a bunch of cards with fee this year as not able to get benefits from most of them due to this pandemic and WFH.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Today I received a notification on Kotak mobile app that I have pre-approved offers for Kotak credit cards.
They are offering LTF League Platinum Credit Card and Urbane Gold with 199 annual fee (as shown in mobile app’s credit card section).
Should I get this LTF League Platinum Credit Card?
I already hold APay credit card and LTF HDFC Moneyback credit card.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Futgjitfhig wrote:

Today I received a notification on Kotak mobile app that I have pre-approved offers for Kotak credit cards.
They are offering LTF League Platinum Credit Card and Urbane Gold with 199 annual fee (as shown in mobile app’s credit card section).
Should I get this LTF League Platinum Credit Card?
I already hold APay credit card and LTF HDFC Moneyback credit card.

I don’t think it’s lifetime free.. still if you need to apply for the card, id suggest call support and confirm once if it is life time free or first year free..

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
Fanil wrote:

I don’t think it’s lifetime free.. still if you need to apply for the card, id suggest call support and confirm once if it is life time free or first year free..

I guess it is free because it is showing 0 joining fee and 0 annual fee on both Kotak mobile app and NetBanking.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
Futgjitfhig wrote:

I guess it is free because it is showing 0 joining fee and 0 annual fee on both Kotak mobile app and NetBanking.

Can you share a ss. But if I was you, I’d still call cc and confirm just to be sure.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
Fanil wrote:

Can you share a ss. But if I was you, I’d still call cc and confirm just to be sure.

https://ibb.co/v...1b

Okay I will also reconfirm with CC.
League Platinum is LFT while Urbane Gold is chargeable showing for me.
Should I get this League Platinum if it’s free?

Missing