KYC for DTH

95°
Missing
Deal Subedar
42
2879
26

Source: https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/technology/news/s...

HIGHLIGHTS
  • All DTH operators are now required to undertake a KYC process for their existing as well as new subscribers.
  • Operators have to reach out to existing customers for completing the KYC process within a span of two years.
  • A representative of a particular DTH operator will need to verify the address of the customer before installing the box.

Update
Source: https://m.economictimes.com/industry/telecom/te...

for existing set top boxes, which are not attached to any mobile number of the subscriber, efforts should be made by the DTH operator to associate such set top boxes issued by them to link with a mobile number within a period of two years

14 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
Missing
suspended
50
20
0

yesterday, after dinner, we were out for walk.
thought let’s have paan
but got refused by Banwari, as he wanted to see original PAN😔 card
(i wasn’t carrying it or any other photo ID😕)

Missing
Tech Guru
325
3897
51

KYC culture rage (Know Your Customer: for mallaiya??)
RYC need to implement.. (Respect Your Customer)

Missing
Critic
373
3641
48

they let big thieves loot our banking system and go away.
and then keep harassing ordinary people with kyc so that they can spy on them and use the data to win elections.

Missing
Deal Cadet
183
814
6

I wonder why do they need KYC for DTH, for wallets I understand. But for DTH, why? Have people started to load their money into DTH to hide it?

Missing
Deal Cadet
92
317
2
Thunder766 wrote:

I wonder why do they need KYC for DTH, for wallets I understand. But for DTH, why?

You have a DTH connection? You are.a previliged citizen. I can screw you further now. (Tax wise)

Missing
Blogger
277
5721
93

They need to generate more work and this is how they do it. Processing KYC data of millions of customers. stuck_out_tongue

Missing
Critic
373
3641
48

people should start dumping dth and switch to online entertainments. only when the dth companies start losing money, these gujju people will get hit.

Missing
Deal Subedar
27
1129
16

I don’t know why govt doing this …pathetic decision…logic is absurd…for looting thousands of crores from banks like Nirav modi no KYC needed but one way communication KYC needed …jai trai…
If logic of DTH outside India u can easily track by customs for that KYC for whole India is absurd

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
56
0
panchabhut wrote:

people should start dumping dth and switch to online entertainments. only when the dth companies start losing money, these gujju people will get hit.

but most DTH broadcasters for this region aren’t of Gujarati origin.
even if they are, i didn’t get the reference🙄

when, like China, people here want/think KYC for social media would check trolling… then maybe
KYC for DTH😆 would help increase direct tax mopup😄

like financial institutions report quantum transactions
DTH companies will report who all subscribe to UHD channels (thus proving that they’ve high end TV sets).
soon, like subsidised cooking gas, any family with more than one 4K TV set will have additional entertainment cess🙄😶

Missing
Critic
373
3641
48
Expand
is_THIS_Deepawali wrote:

but most DTH broadcasters for this region aren’t of Gujarati origin.
even if they are, i didn’t get the reference🙄

when, like China, people here want/think KYC for social media would check trolling… then maybe
KYC for DTH😆 would help increase direct tax mopup😄

like financial institutions report quantum transactions
DTH companies will report who all subscribe to UHD channels (thus proving that they’ve high end TV sets).
soon, like subsidised cooking gas, any family with more than one 4K TV set will have additional entertainment cess🙄😶

till early 80’s, a person was required to have a licence to own a TV set.
so are you saying we are going back to the licence raj?

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
56
0
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

till early 80’s, a person was required to have a licence to own a TV set.
so are you saying we are going back to the licence raj?

the raj we have is much more admonishable and abhorrent than licence raj, but i still don’t get the call on people of Gujarat or the ethnicity if “Gujju” was a reference to a community.
panchabhut Sir, terrorists and wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Indian_bustard the b/—\stards that ALL politicians, mega corporates are, it’s nevahh about their community per se
it doesn’t matter what we have or where we are headed to.
(we’d still have family jewels being sold to fund the extravaganza, fiscal deficit and not even a murmur about it.
we’d still have targeted ethnic cleansing http://metacritic.com/movie/hotel-...da and bigotry and not even a murmur about it.
we’d still have empty chest thumping and hair transplants to cover the bald patch or some aggrieved Mansi Soni and not even a murmur about it.)

we get the fate (raj) we create (and sometimes deserve).

Missing
Blogger
0
2055
55
mastervijay wrote:

KYC culture rage (Know Your Customer: for mallaiya??)
RYC need to implement.. (Respect Your Customer)

A fine general manager of NABARD once told me and others

KYC should be know your customer and not KILL YOUR CUSTOMER



now we are on the kill path.

Missing
Deal Captain
364
7599
46

India seems to be progressing but in which direction that is the question a big question mark? sad

Missing