which one you prefer
Poll has expired, here are the final results

Laptop Suggestions required

157°
Community Angel
kiranparepally

Want to purchase a laptop at 80K selected 2 laptops
1. Lenovo IdeaPad gaming 3 – 79690
https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/ideapad/id...

2. Hp pavillion EC-2146 – 79990

https://www.croma.com/hp-pavilion-15-ec2146ax-r...

Both has similar features, but hp mentioned it has 9hour battery with 200w adapter while lenovo mentioned 4hrs with 170w adapter, rest almost same for both

Lenovo gives free laptop bag, In hp we get wireless headphones (costs around 2800 in amazon) and mouse

In lenovo website we get 10% upto 5000 as cashback after 30days.

In croma we get instant bank discount.

Any other product suggestions at 80K

Expired
10 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

Any one pls tag laptop/pc experts
@Mayavi @Siddhartha07 @UniqueDimer

Dimer of The Year 2021 Dimer of The Year 2021
Link Copied

@bikidas2060 @getready may help

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

HP got better IPS display panel ( 144Hz, 300nits, 72%NTSC/100%sRGB vs 120Hz, 250nits, 45%NTSC/60%sRGB on Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3)

+ 52.5Wh battery on HP vs 45Wh on Lenovo

Do you need a dedicated GPU? If it isn’t mandatory then you can get lighter laptops with much better displays for 80k

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Tbh it both laptop you mentioned are similar. Only difference I could spot is Lenovo being 120hz and HP being 144hz and 24Hz isn’t a lot and doesn’t make a difference at all. Color accuracy is meh on any gaming laptop apart from the super high end ones so it doesn’t matter.  

If you are really looking only for gaming and not CPU intensive stuff you could go for the “MSI GF65 Thin” with RTX 3060 selling for 76,990/- atm.  Why am I suggesting this for gaming? 

RTX 3050 comes with 4GB VRam, this is ok for now but recent games such as Cyberpunk, AC Valhalla and others have been asking for 6GB VRam for their recommended specifications which RTX 3060 should have no issue handling as it has 6GB VRam and slightly future proof. If you only plan on playing competitive games such as CSGO/Valo/Dota/LoL then 3050 should be just fine. 

Now the CPU difference, i5 10500H vs 5800H, 5800H is way better but in gaming you’d see a maximum of 10-15fps difference as both induvial clock speeds are close but RTX 3060 would more than make up for the loss for the system with i5. 

^ This is only if you are focused on gaming performance. If you plan on doing any CPU intense stuff such as rendering (although most program use HW encoding nowadays), AI related stuff 6 core should suffice for gaming and day to day use for the next 3-4 years. 

Community Angel Community Angel
    Link Copied

CPU performance matters more than gaming to me
    MSI looks good but my heart can’t accept a lappy without a side numerical keypad sweat_smile
    I know it doesn’t matter when u get the best one, but every time I like a lappy and then look at its keyboard and then backoff just because it doesn’t have a numeric keypad,maybe i gave little preference to the Design

Coming to the price I can get lenovo at 69290+bag
    Hp at 72100+hp wireless headphones &mouse

View 3 more replies
    Talk-Of-The-Town Talk-Of-The-Town
    Link Copied

Hey, by the way, I’m looking for a laptop recommendation as well. I am currently enrolled in college.

Please recommend a laptop that can handle coding, machine learning, gaming, and photo/video editing (Adobe).

After doing some research, I’ve discovered that I’ll need at least 8GB of RAM, 2-4GB of graphics card, 300 nits of display, SDD+HDD combo, i5 10-11 gen/ryzen 5 or higher, and a good battery. But, most significantly, it should be future-proof. Upgradable parts should be available.

But I’m also aware of the harsh reality that this type of laptop either does not exist or would cost in the lakhs.

Oh, and as for the budget, it’s around 70-80k INR, and if the pricing in Dubai is affordable, that’s the route I’ll take.
    (I have an uncle who works there.)

Also, please advise me on what laptop accessories I should purchase.

Thank You For Reading This So Far…

TIA 💙💜
    Regards Hacker1011

Critic Critic
    Link Copied

Intel: https://www.dell.com/en-in/shop/laptops-2-in-1-...

AMD: https://www.dell.com/en-in/shop/laptops/amd/spd...

If tight on budget, go for AMD one, has integrated GPU; If budget allows go for Intel one, has dedicated GPU.

And YES, all parts are upgradable; using it personally. Has 2 RAM slots, both non-soldered. Can add additional one to get 8+8 or just replace and add 16+16 when time comes. NVMe SSD is detachable/non-soldered, so can be replaced anytime upto max 2TB. I have the AMD one, so can’t comment on the dedicated GPU upgradability. When I opened the back panel, most stuff looked detachable from motherboard, so that’s a plus point. Pretty light weight and has metal body. Looks and feels premium. Has a great heat sink and decent ventilation. Only con so far I felt was the display, it’s matte IPS, but only 250 nits, so not good for outdoors. Indoors is not an issue. Color saturation/settings by default is set to yellow tint, so need to tinker with the color display to get the perfect one based on personal preference. Haven’t noticed any other con apart from this low nits of display. Not a 100% rgb/gamut, but I guess at this 60K price range, no one offers.

replyuser
    Click here to reply