LG 1.5 ton dual inverter 5 Star AC review

126°
Hotshot
vkrmjeet

I am talking about this AC : https://www.flipkart.com/lg-1-5-ton-5-star-spli...


My cousin recently bought this AC because
1. Electricity efficiency (most important)
2. 5 year PCB warranty
3. becuase it’s LG (we have a LG refrigerator been running for about 17-18 years)

Some findings
1. At full capacity i.e 1.5ton the average electricity consumption was hovering between 600-700watts/Hour (the operating temprature was 26°C as at any temprature that is lower than body temprature you won’t feel hot.)

2. At 40% capacity i.e 0.6ton (as it is a dual inverter AC we can lower tonnage also) the electricity consumption was just 200watts/Hour and i think this is as low as it gets. don’t beleive that sq ft thing too much when AC is operated continuously even 1 ton AC is sufficient for 150sq ft (company suggest 1.5ton)


Things  to keep in mind:
1. 1000 watts = 1 unit of electricity.
2. When the compressor starts the load is maximum (around 1600watts) but it never reaches that point after it.
3. The findings are for average continuous use for whole night (if u use 1-2 hours they will be different)
4. We have non inverter 1.5ton godrej AC also it takes around 1650 watts per hour means it may take 10 units for 6 hours use & in the similar case the LG AC at full capacity takes around 4 units (calculated for 6.5 hours usage,this was taken from actual meter)

It cost me 41,800 but i think this will be recovered in short span of time as with proper setting it takes electricity similar to a cooler.
Flipkart quoted 1700 for installation.




Any query is welcome.

Expiring In 19 days
24 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
  • Sort By
Cool Cool
Link Copied

It would be great if you mention the total amount spent on this AC.

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
tenon09 wrote:

It would be great if you mention the total amount spent on this AC.

41,800 with fk axis.
now mentioned in post also.

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
vkrmjeet wrote:

41,800 with fk axis.
now mentioned in post also.

Including installation?

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
tenon09 wrote:

Including installation?

brother owns electricity shop so no installation charges but fk mentioned 1700 will mention that also.
seems like u are contributing more than me joy joy

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
vkrmjeet wrote:

brother owns electricity shop so no installation charges but fk mentioned 1700 will mention that also.
seems like u are contributing more than me joy joy

It’s always easier to analyse the review with cost.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

How are you measuring watts/hour ?

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Manitian wrote:

How are you measuring watts/hour ?

brother owns electricity shop have equipment.
for longer duration  (electrcity department meter reading – all other electronics in the house) The readings are mostly accurate as they are average of 2 weeks & measured daily.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

5 star ac ke 3 star review expressionless.. itne kam review me itne mehnga item lene ka risk..
I also needed.. which one i should buy..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Sidhi.Baat.No.Bakwas wrote:

5 star ac ke 3 star review expressionless.. itne kam review me itne mehnga item lene ka risk..
I also needed.. which one i should buy..

The above mentioned one and do check out offline stores too unless you are getting it for significantly less price elsewhere (online sale/card offer).

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Sidhi.Baat.No.Bakwas wrote:

5 star ac ke 3 star review expressionless.. itne kam review me itne mehnga item lene ka risk..
I also needed.. which one i should buy..

those are ratings not reviews!! i still don’t trust reviews of most things online u will find idiots who werent able to get a replacement/refund and then they blame retailer and people who don’t have knowledge of what they were buying.


what i did was a review still buy a dual inverter AC of any brand it is worth it.

i bought it when there was 0 reviews but researched first.

Patron Patron
Link Copied
Expand
vkrmjeet wrote:

those are ratings not reviews!! i still don’t trust reviews of most things online u will find idiots who werent able to get a replacement/refund and then they blame retailer and people who don’t have knowledge of what they were buying.


what i did was a review still buy a dual inverter AC of any brand it is worth it.

i bought it when there was 0 reviews but researched first.

Good luck getting replacement or refund for AC that is installed. No company will replace their AC. Also if installation not done by official technician then they will deny that 1 year comprehensive warranty also.

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

I don’t have an exact measure but we could see a dip in electricity bill in peak summer months when we moved from 10 year old 3 star 2 ton LG AC to new 4 star dual inverter 1.5 ton LG AC. Other one was 6 year old Onida 1.5 Ton AC to same 4 star 1.5 ton dual inverter LG AC.

Bill reduced by 25% during peak summer months last year when AC usage was max.

This year we added 2 more 4 star dual inverter 1.5 ton LG AC to our hall and started using one more 1.5 ton Onida 3 star AC that’s almost 10 years old and it runs 24×7 literally. Our electricity bill is 2.13x of what it was last year during peak summer. I am assuming one of the main culprit is the Onida AC that’s running all day and night. Also, both the ACs in hall run for almost 8 to 10 hours each day which were not present last year.


Overall, I am happy with the performance of dual inverter LG ACs. Haven’t had any issue so far. The oldest one was purchased in Feb 2020, just before covid lockdowns began in India.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

you should have installed it from lg only. Flipkart nowadays try to sell its jeeve installation service for every thing. Rip off. 

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
Sidhu634 wrote:

Good luck getting replacement or refund for AC that is installed. No company will replace their AC. Also if installation not done by official technician then they will deny that 1 year comprehensive warranty also.

ya i know that it was just a generic example that people try to do these kind of things and then try to malign image of retailer/platform.

from 2013 till now i needed replacement of only 2-3% things i ever bought but people generally buy anything & think they can easily get replacement/refund you will find many comments on mobile phones reviews stating the same that platform denied replacement/refund and most of them are not genuine !!

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
jambui wrote:

you should have installed it from lg only. Flipkart nowadays try to sell its jeeve installation service for every thing. Rip off. 

brother owns electricity shop so it was for free.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

i bought lg 3 star 1.5 ton dual inverter ac , and believe me it can save good on electricity bill for us, at 60% capacity running for 8 hours at 26 degree in night it consumed 5 units which is good IMO.  doesnt make much sense to buy 5 star unless you’re using the ac all the time.

Amount i spent was 

- 30000K for AC

-1415 for installation

- 350 for sturdy outdoor unit stand (yes buy it from local market , installation guy will demand 800-900 for the same thing)

- 1500 for stablizer (optional)

tip – if you want to measure the exact wattage and units consumed use wipro smart plug , it costs around 1000-1200

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
vkrmjeet wrote:

brother owns electricity shop so it was for free.

They can refuse a warranty claim due to unauthorized installation. 

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Expand
jambui wrote:

They can refuse a warranty claim due to unauthorized installation. 

as brother owns a electricity shop , he knows most of service center guys will not be a problem but used LG for so long in past wish the quality is same.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
pagal_admi wrote:

i bought lg 3 star 1.5 ton dual inverter ac , and believe me it can save good on electricity bill for us, at 60% capacity running for 8 hours at 26 degree in night it consumed 5 units which is good IMO.  doesnt make much sense to buy 5 star unless you’re using the ac all the time.

Amount i spent was 

- 30000K for AC

-1415 for installation

- 350 for sturdy outdoor unit stand (yes buy it from local market , installation guy will demand 800-900 for the same thing)

- 1500 for stablizer (optional)

tip – if you want to measure the exact wattage and units consumed use wipro smart plug , it costs around 1000-1200

how did you get lg ac for 30k ? Lowest i have seen after all card offers is still more than 31.5k( usually 34-35k)

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Nicely explained but personally I don’t like LG AC. I have some bad experience with LG dual inverter AC. It’s PCB always gets faulty after some time, even it was covered in warranty, I had sold it at 15K & bought Daikin AC.

Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied
Mufasa wrote:

Nicely explained but personally I don’t like LG AC. I have some bad experience with LG dual inverter AC. It’s PCB always got faulty even it was covered in warranty, I had sold it at 15K & bought Daikin AC.

we have a godrej non inverter AC we dont even use voltage stabilizer with it never got any problem using it since 2016 but it consumes so much electricity 🙃

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
vkrmjeet wrote:

we have a godrej non inverter AC we dont even use voltage stabilizer with it never got any problem using it since 2016 but it consumes so much electricity 🙃

My Daikin AC is also running without stepliser it’s working perfectly. I live in Apartment & here voltage is consistent as we have dedicated transformer for the Apartment. The technician who was coming to check my LG AC saying there is some manufacturing defects with some LG AC & LG is now discounting some models. Even he was from LG, he suggested me to go for O general or Daikin for durability & best cooling.

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply