Hot Deal

LIC premium payment with Amazon

1781°
Crowdpuller
dhinchakrohit

Hi Guys,

LIC option on Amazon isn’t working, says temporarily down.

I don’t see option to pay with Amazon on LIC website too.

How do I pay premium with Amazon balance.

Deal Wiki

  • Created by : deb3l
Top Comments
Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

LIC has updated it’s payment gateway from existing Bill Desk to PayTm officially now !!!

Amazon Pay and other wallets are no longer supported. PayTm payment gateway has been configured to support only NetBanking/UPI/DebitCard/CreditCard.

This is an end to all the loot of LIC premium payment via Amazon Pay…

142 Comments  |  
54 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

so cant we use amazon pay now?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Maybe billdesk will be added after some time mostly all govt website use it

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Billdesk gateway is down for delhi jal board too something at their end,payu acquisition will help it

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Thunder766 wrote:

Any ways to pay premiums now through Amazon Pay, as I had added money during the OneCard loot.

That is why it is always risky to buy large amount in GVs for some large bill payment in one go(happened with electricity earlier & now insurance). You also lose any interest on money stuck in GVs especially if that big payment is months away. Now In my opinion it is better to just create a FD at 6% interest rate for a year from the day of such big insurance/bill payment & simply pay it from the matured FD amount.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
pranavcool wrote:

Billdesk gateway is down for delhi jal board too something at their end,payu acquisition will help it

Payu acquisition will change things, payu never supported amazonpay wallet & I doubt they will support it now.

https://developer.payumoney.com/payment...s/

PayUmoney now supports 7 different Wallets on all checkout experiences. As a merchant, your consumer can pay using either of the below Wallets.
FreeCharge
OlaMoney
Oxigen
ItzCash
JioMoney
PayCash
Yes Pay

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

That is why it is always risky to buy large amount in GVs for some large bill payment in one go(happened with electricity earlier & now insurance). You also lose any interest on money stuck in GVs especially if that big payment is months away. Now In my opinion it is better to just create a FD at 6% interest rate for a year from the day of such big insurance/bill payment & simply pay it from the matured FD amount.

I know it’s risky, but still 14% is better than 6% per annum, the balance will be used sooner or later with various bill payments, it’ll take about 2-3 months at most, so 14% is great for the same period if you ask me.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Those who have bob credit cards can use card for the payment and then repay using apay balance at 2% charges. If gvs are bought at a discount.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
Thunder766 wrote:

I know it’s risky, but still 14% is better than 6% per annum, the balance will be used sooner or later with various bill payments, it’ll take about 2-3 months at most, so 14% is great for the same period if you ask me.

If you have enough bills to finish the GVs in 2-3 months then no issue but a typical user doesn’t have enough bills in 2-3 months to finish 30-40k worth of GVs unless he starts paying bills of others by way of reselling.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Use amex 5% offer for limited time

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Abhinav_Pune wrote:

Use amex 5% offer for limited time

Only if user has the option to pay insurance premium in that limited time.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Only if user has the option to pay insurance premium in that limited time.

Advance payment may be

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

If you have enough bills to finish the GVs in 2-3 months then no issue but a typical user doesn’t have enough bills in 2-3 months to finish 30-40k worth of GVs unless he starts paying bills of others by way of reselling.

I can pay bills for my friends and family, also could use it pay at some merchant sites like Pharmeasy, Supr Daily, Magicpin, etc.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

In future it will back no tension some backed work on billdesk

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
Thunder766 wrote:

I can pay bills for my friends and family, also could use it pay at some merchant sites like Pharmeasy, Supr Daily, Magicpin, etc.

But then the question is, are you going to charge discounted price(in which case no point buying GV at discount) or normal price(in which case you are making profit from friends/family so a moral dilemma). My logic is simple, buy only that much GVs which you can use to safely pay for things considering worst case scenarios(like present case).

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Payu acquisition will change things, payu never supported amazonpay wallet & I doubt they will support it now.

https://developer.payumoney.com/payment...s/

PayUmoney now supports 7 different Wallets on all checkout experiences. As a merchant, your consumer can pay using either of the below Wallets.
FreeCharge
OlaMoney
Oxigen
ItzCash
JioMoney
PayCash
Yes Pay

Amazon has option in insurance they will use api and Integrate it

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
pranavcool wrote:

Amazon has option in insurance they will use api and Integrate it

We will see but for that payu first has to enable amazonpay wallet in their api which I doubt.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Abhinav_Pune wrote:

Use amex 5% offer for limited time

what is this offer bro?

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
TEMPER wrote:

what is this offer bro?

15 amex points on every 100 spend.user specific offer via email

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
dhinchakrohit wrote:

Now LIC option is officially removed from Amazon.

Officially kya hota hai billdesk hi down pda hai vapus aa jaega

Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied

LIC appoints Paytm to handle its payment gateway

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/in...

According to sources, there were 17 payments platforms that had bid aggressively. Paytm’s ability to straddle multiple payment services worked in its favour as others were dominant in particular segments like UPI or cards.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
abhishek012 wrote:

LIC appoints Paytm to handle its payment gateway

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/in...

According to sources, there were 17 payments platforms that had bid aggressively. Paytm’s ability to straddle multiple payment services worked in its favour as others were dominant in particular segments like UPI or cards.

I think this news came in April21.

Seems they took too much time to update their platform for e-payment.

Perfectionist Perfectionist
Link Copied

Just two days before they removed it I was thinking to do advance payment but unfortunately I skipped at that time

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Thunder766 wrote:

Any ways to pay premiums now through Amazon Pay, as I had added money during the OneCard loot.

Amazon pay money @ 11% discount is always great. Even if you can’t use it after few months.. cash out by trading @ 2-3% or use services like snapay or PaidKiya @ 3-4%.

Think it like 7-8% bank interest.

Disclaimer: Just don’t make this a habit and only use as a last ditch effort. Too much money coming back to bank might get noticed.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Any way to get money out of ap?

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply