Macbook AIr 2015 problem

120°
Deal Cadet
Deal_Breaker_

My macbook air early 2015 model battery not taking charge Before battery was already showing “Service” with 1400 cycles. Yesterday when i connected the magsafe to macbook at 53% battery it didnt charge and a green light shows on magsafe.I thought it will get fixed if i drain down battery to 0 but now green light is still showing and on pressing power button connect charger warning showing.I also did smc reset and then the magsafe light changed to orange but still battery didnt charge.On removing magsafe and connecting again shows green light.is this could be due to Battery Should I replace it? Or maybe some i/o board issue?

I enquired about battery but they are asking about 6k-9k for new battery but before that want to make sure its battery.

13 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Finance Ninja Finance Ninja
Link Copied

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/743248/medium/00762495.jpg?1644815620

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

1400 cycles is really good number. I say you got your money’s worth and more. If you do decide on replacing the battery perhaps you should consider limiting the max. battery charge level to further prolong it’s longevity. There are a few apps which help to accomplish this. Check Macrumours forums for the lengthy discussions. 

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

new battery is the only solution. 🙂 Local repair personnel should be able to diagnose it

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Seems to be an issue with degraded battery and no other hardware. Moreover, if you are getting it diagnosed and fixed at an Apple store, you can trust their judgement.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Apple store is quoting 2k for inspection 14k for new battery and if io is damaged then idk how much more

View 6 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@utking thanks for your input I am in similar situation as you were.My battery was also not charging at 53% but stayed at it until the magsafe charger was disconnected.So I thought using it and making it 0 battery will fix it But now the mac when turn on shows low battery connect charger battery symbol and goes off immidiately even with charger connected.Charger shows green light always.

replyuser
Click here to reply