Magicpin voucher not honored by merchant

82°
Deal Subedar
shalabh1976

Hi,

I had purchased a 500 INR voucher on magicpin that was redeemable at merchant store.

After placing order on merchant store and collecting order I clicked redeem on the app on which a screen came asking me to show the same to the merchant. Merchant said that he should have got a sms when i clicked on redeem which he said he didn’t get. Hence I was forced to pay INR 500 in cash by the merchant. I have escalated this to magicpin support yesterday but no update from them yet. Have you also faced similar problem?

Expiring In 3 days
12 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

In my case, the merchant said ok, after looking at my screen, he didn’t check his mobile or any device for sms of something.
It seems not magicpin but the merchant scammed u.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

it’s a very common issue with magicpin

b careful before buy

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

why dont you rather share the voucher code that merchant can enter in his device?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Tjs15 wrote:

why dont you rather share the voucher code that merchant can enter in his device?

Merchant has no device as told me me by him when I asked.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
raja wrote:

it’s a very common issue with magicpin

b careful before buy

Can’t agree more. I also faced a similar issue but thankfully the merchant (Sharwarma House) was good. Initially, they said they have not received any payment but I told them that I had hit the redeem button in front of them only. I asked them to refresh their store page (some software they were using to manage orders) and then the new paid amount was reflected in their system and then I did not have to make the payment again.

Another BIG problem with Maginpin vouchers is that they are refundable only into Magic points which means that you can only use them through partial redemption. Most of the coupons they give allow you to redeem only 50%-60% of the total order value as points. No coupon gives you 100% discount.

Hence, I have decided that I will NEVER BUY Magicpin vouchers ever again. Its a very risky business.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Dont redeem yourself , share the voucher code and ask the merchant to put the code on the payment merchant page.

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied

You should have asked to check the transaction in magicpin app at merchant end

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I experienced similar thing. Merchant din’t got my payment, i paid the amount by cash and he is ok for refund by cash if he receives amount from magicpin.

I mailed customer care, cc team called with in 1 hr and, they solved issue by conference call of merchant and me.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Shahskm wrote:

Dont redeem yourself , share the voucher code and ask the merchant to put the code on the payment merchant page.

Did that – merchant said he had no idea what to do with that.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Riggu03 wrote:

You should have asked to check the transaction in magicpin app at merchant end

Did that – he said he should get sms which he never got

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
shalabh1976 wrote:

Did that – merchant said he had no idea what to do with that.

Then why they are linked with magicpin at all.

magicpin shouldn’t on-board new merchants until they understand how to facilitate magicpin customer’s and how magicpin payment payout system works.



Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Shahskm wrote:

Then why they are linked with magicpin at all.

magicpin shouldn’t on-board new merchants until they understand how to facilitate magicpin customer’s and how magicpin payment payout system works.



that is for magicpin to answer. there is no customer support phone

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply