Mandatory Fastag for all 4 wheelers new year onwards

71°
Deal Cadet
58
812
3
Mandatory Fastag for all 4 wheelers new year onwards

Received notification that Fastag will be mandatory for all 4 wheelers, effective 1 January, 2021.

I didn’t need one but if they are mandatory will need to get one.

DD consensus is ICICI fastag best. Currently ICICI running a promotion till 30th November where they will give INR100 Amazon voucher with every new Fastag. (Offer: https://www.icicibank.com/campaigns/fastag-amaz...)

I fail to understand if I do not use toll roads, what is the point of Fastag?

10 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
  • Sort By
39
5103
43

Bro, you don’t understand the message. Fastag shall be compulsory for all 4 wheelers for crossing any toll plaza on highways. Without fastag, no 4 wheeler can pass the toll plaza by paying in cash.

This doesn’t mean that every 4 wheeler had to buy this, even if you don’t travel on highways having toll plaza

213
3489
29
aam_aadmi wrote:

Bro, you don’t understand the message. Fastag shall be compulsory for all 4 wheelers for crossing any toll plaza on highways. Without fastag, no 4 wheeler can pass the toll plaza by paying in cash.

This doesn’t mean that every 4 wheeler had to buy this, even if you don’t travel on highways having toll plaza

“The ministry also mentions to acquire third-party insurance for the vehicle, a FASTag will also become a requirement as of April 1, 2021”
Source https://www.financialexpress.com/auto/car-news/...

58
812
3
Expand
SleeperRAW wrote:

“The ministry also mentions to acquire third-party insurance for the vehicle, a FASTag will also become a requirement as of April 1, 2021”
Source https://www.financialexpress.com/auto/car-news/...

^This too. Sorry, I could not articulate my question properly. @SleeperRAW thanks for pointing it out.

I am trying to understand why are they making it mandatory

85
1080
13

Kindly share best offer for fast tag. My 5 friends needed fast tag and asked me to buy..
Can we buy fast tag with Amazon balance?
Any payment offer for buying fastag
In this icici Amazon cash back,where will get Amazon 100 gift card? To the fasttag registered mobile or email or icici account mobile?

111
890
4
Expand
bftb wrote:

^This too. Sorry, I could not articulate my question properly. @SleeperRAW thanks for pointing it out.

I am trying to understand why are they making it mandatory

Cause if things are not mandatory or forced, we will never to 100% on fasttag ever…. On Mumbai Pune express highway, I had to wait atleast 15 minutes on each toll plaza cause people love to pay toll in cash/credit card……

54
116
1
Expand
myfungang829 wrote:

Cause if things are not mandatory or forced, we will never to 100% on fasttag ever…. On Mumbai Pune express highway, I had to wait atleast 15 minutes on each toll plaza cause people love to pay toll in cash/credit card……

Don’t those morons know you gotta pay double in cash?

476
4370
52
Expand
bftb wrote:

^This too. Sorry, I could not articulate my question properly. @SleeperRAW thanks for pointing it out.

I am trying to understand why are they making it mandatory

Each fastag has a mandatory minimum interest free deposit. Now multiply by the number of 4 wheeler in India. You get the quantum of funds involved when it becomes mandatory for all.

111
890
4
Expand
momodi wrote:

Don’t those morons know you gotta pay double in cash?

Double in cash doesn’t work here in Maharashtra atleast……

53
232
2

My friend told me that money which was deducted through fastag was more than cash counter at some plaza on a route he was frequently travelling in Maharashtra. So he removed Fastag. Anyone have similar experience?

58
812
3
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

Each fastag has a mandatory minimum interest free deposit. Now multiply by the number of 4 wheeler in India. You get the quantum of funds involved when it becomes mandatory for all.

Hell yeah, how did I miss that? It’s all about money, honey sunglasses

@leonardodavinci interesting! Maha toll plazas seem to dislike Fastag

Missing