Mention a regret of 2020 which you want to suggest other Dimers not to repeat.

Helpful
looter143

We usually try new things on online websites or offline stores, trying to order different products and avail the services from online sometime offline store also. Sometimes we regret not being able to purchase things at the time of availability.
So basically sometimes we feel that some of the decision we took to go with the brand was wrong.
So I request to all of the Dimers to kindly shall those moments that let you feel regret after having that product or services from anywhere around the Pan India.

Mine: Buying an order from Flipkart pay later, and then returned it.. till date they didn’t credit that amount. (2 months past)

Expired
92 Comments  |  
43 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Opening Axis ASAP account , worst account. Mine 10k refund pending from last 2 months cry , nodal team also not helping at all.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

haven’t you filed complaint with banking ombudsman?

View 7 more replies
Sale Day King Sale Day King
Link Copied

Please not repeat- Writing loot, bug and lowest price in normal discussions.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

This the the way to attract people who are very possessed with the loot and bug deals as they are the people who are ready to order things and take risk. And to be very honest, they are the real Dimers and I want those real Dimers to come and share their precious experience.

View 5 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

I request all the trustworthy dimers to share their bad experience online or offline you’ve faced in 2020 and felt regretted. Share your experiences so that we all can learn and not do the same mistake.
@SparkRockerz @avgn @girisharora8192 @Mr.Unique @ashabeen
@Temet_Nosce @ashiya.fariha69 @ami123 @panchabhut @dlhntr @rajrocks @greedy29 @Maverickz @Devil088 @Siddhartha07 @wackophant @hotchap @manikantaks4u @jaybro @dev007 @Charan1122
@andromeda
@bikidas2060
@pvprasad
@simm @Mr.Unique @singh.sourabh818 @CA_A_N_K_I_T_20 @dealcracker25 @Sunjaypatel @androgame @chetanc12 @MR_BEAST @kunal94 @whitewalkers @desiman @AJ89 @DealsLooker @adrishya @bahuballi @insta

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Offline purchase AC from store, and gave a offer of cash back on card payment, which requires to receive within 3 month, but not get till now.
Now I am visiting regularly to store but no response from them, the sales person has left his job so management was saying no such offer was running.

View 3 more replies
Generous Generous
Link Copied

Installing cred and dhani pay.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Cred is a good application?
No?
Have listened to its advertisements on YouTube, it’s fantastic. No?

View 3 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

don’t waste time on desidime.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

one of my regret is setting up “Loot” alert in dd app.
most of the times I end up visiting your threads instead of getting loot deals.
I wish admins should warn or temporarily suspend you for regularly misusing loot word.
@MJ911 @bumblefoot

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Sure.. I’ll welcome @admin ’s decision.

View 2 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

I will share my online experience for 2020 here.

98% of my online purchase for this year was from Amazon, it couldn’t have been a better experience. Fully happy.

Incidents:

1) Manually refreshed the checkout page on amazon while the OTP was getting confirmed, the payment got failed, amount of 1899 got deducted from the CC but not received by amazon. Made the payment again immediately, payment went through successfully on the 2nd attempt. Later had to cancel this purchase itself because i found another product, the refund for the 2nd successful transaction came through from amazon, but the amount for 1899 for the 1st transaction that failed had now got lost in the system. If you look at the CC statement there are 2 debits for 1899 and 1 refund for 1899 on the same day. Anyone who looks at the statement can see the refund of 1899 on the same day and assumes it is for the failed transaction, it was now up to me to now prove the complications involved, i didn’t bother having to go through all that trouble.

Lesson: If the payment fails and you intend to cancel the purchase later do not make the second payment immediately.

2) The delivery person from amazon is a regular one in my area, once i couldn’t be there to collect the delivery, i phoned them up in the morning on the number that comes up on the amazon app, to ask to deliver it tomorrow. He said he already bagged the item and now can’t cancel it, so he asked if he could mark as delivered and hand it over me the next day. Being nice, I said yes. But later I had to chase them for 4 days to have my item back.

Lesson: Once the item gets marked as delivered the delivery persons enthusiasm ends. Moreover you don’t even have a number to connect to the same person again. So next time if they ask if they can mark as delivered, Say NO! Please deliver it tomorrow.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Great.. thanks . Perfectly explained..  kg+

View 1 more reply
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

The biggest regret with regard to being careless during an online experience however was a few years back.

I got so used to with the amazon shopping experience, of adding things to the cart, removing it or paying for it all together at the end.

I approached with the same attitude on the amazon’s AWS platform, which ended up to be a costly lesson ever.

I placed orders to some of the AWS services thinking that i was adding it to the checkout cart, since it was not asking for payment details immediately.

Only to later learn this expensive lesson, that orders placed on the AWS platform cannot be cancelled later, even though you are not asked to enter the card details right there.

Had to eventually pay up 40k for all the orders placed, there was no other way out. not paying will affect the other services across amazon registered to the same email address.

Lesson: Don’t play around on the AWS platform , unless you really is sure what you are clicking on.

Link Copied

Couple of lesson i learned this year while shopping

1. Never do prepaid order on Jiomart. Everytime there will be a missing item and one need to chase/beg for the refund!

2. Amazon prime order – once you placed the order and if you try to place another order before the first one get delivered. Amazon will show all offers which were applied on the very first order. In enthusiasm thinking of it as a bug I placed 8-9 orders and checked with there CC if my subsequent orders are eligible for cashback – with confidence they said YES. But at the end I was at the lossing side and cashback was honoured only for the first order.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Great learning, thanks for sharing your valuable experience..  kg+

Firestorm Firestorm
Link Copied

Arre bhau , prime day 2021 itna jaldi aa gaya kya joy

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Wo to chal hi raha hai continuously.. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye
T- it’s been there

View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I was used into online shopping since 2016 which i have become fully functional over that & most of the grocery/home products was the main source! Even my family members scolded me to not use it for preventing any kind scams 😀 but still i continued to use till now! I started with Amazon Prime which gave me plenty of offer’s & opportunity to receive the packages to my pin code as that time not everyone was familiar with that period 🤣 then time to time many people bought the same during pandemic times. Also i had tried different types of ecom’s to feel their shipping & product experience. Mainly, now I’m used now as Amazon & Flipkart for ecom purchases with other medico ecom’s as well. The bad experience i have felt with returning the product’s because sometime it won’t compatible to do same but still tried for getting a refund & also looted bug offers from ecom’s too 😁.

Lastly & still continuing, I’m hardly trying for returning a electronic gadget return process from a month on Amazon which was my first electronic return experience with them! Before they resolved the same for other matters but still they’re not giving me proper solution as the courier partner is not picking up my product from that (Delhivery) till to date. I requested them plenty of time but still they’re convincing me that it will surely picked up & so on. The same partner has delivered many items & pick-ups from some place but why they’re reacting like this that I don’t know. Still I’m not giving it up & was regretting why i had order that product. So, my advice is to all that to purchase the goods only if you ever wanted & not fall in offers/cashback prey feature to make your money stuck on them!

Further most important point – buy your own risk with strangers or prefer deal via admin option which will be a secure deal for future deals! That’s all folks & we hope for a plenty full benefits from ecom’s & other platforms for coming year to save a good quantity of money but to not decrease it’s quality. 😎

Generous Generous
Link Copied
My regret is buying a bunch of BookMyShow gift cards for personal use which are lying useless now and a few are already expired. Lesson, do not buy movie GVs if you're not going to use it in a few weeks.
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Use them on standup comedy 😛

View 14 more replies
Cool Cool
Link Copied

My Regret with 5paisa.com

Before opening account they promised few benefits later they flipping their words

Still fighting with them need to involve few other coupon merchants aswell.

Flame Flame
Link Copied

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Not investing in Stock Market when it was down.

For everything else, Murphy’s Law.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Never trust anyone online..esp when dealing with money.
I was caught in btw 2 persons when I went to help and had to pull out of my socks to get rid of the mess.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

What was exactly happened, if it’s not that embarrassing,could you elaborate?

View 1 more reply
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Some of my biggest regrets of 2020 in the online world:

1. Buying the Netmeds e-gift vouchers – Pure devil in disguise
  2. Participating in the ICICI Bank promotions – You never get anything from them
  3. Having the same email address on both my Amazon US and India accounts (sharing of accounts). – Creates lots of issues in the long run.
  4. Ordering from JioMart – They will never deliver the complete order and then you chase them for 2 months to get your money back.
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

A big bunch of bad experience you’ve had.. though this will help us learn from your valuable experiences.. kindly Vu+ amd Kg+ so that one could reach to your post and learn from your mistakes.

View 2 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I made 10 orders on Zomato worth 200 each in November just for the sake of qualifying for the boat gadget contest. I have received a mail from them saying I won a gadget but till date they haven’t sent anything. No reply from cc either.

Also, investing my money in bank FDs for very small interest instead of stock market during the early stages of lockdown. Would have been a lot more richer if I invested in mutual funds or any good share

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied

Never give smile to any stranger woman when your wife is around. I regret why I did that. After that incident people call me langda aa raha hai (langda is coming).

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Always take a screenshot after you do any order on any ecommerce website .

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Regret of 2020 (in store)
Bought a pressure cooker from Big Bazaar. As my budget was quite tight i had selected a cheaper brand, saving ₹200 seems lucrative… But wait..!
Next day i get issue in that pressure cooker and the service in charge of that brand ask me to give that cooker for 10 day in BB, one of a service man would come and look after it.. my cooker got after 8 days straight with a lot of calls and management..+ fare up and down to Big Bazaar 3 times extra. I end up getting a lesson that buy good brand product and if one really wanna try new cheap brand then buy online as in online mode you’ve flexibility to exchange or ask for refund.

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

Regret of @P_A_N_K_A_J is doing ghapaghap 25 hours in a day everyday. Now his count is in negative.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

No regrets bro as such.. may be I am bad at memory..
But when I was reading this thread, I thought of mentioning this thing which happend..
I thought of applying HDFC card, but I was thinking they wont approve as I dont have any relationship with them.. after few days when I made my mind to apply RBI imposed suspension on them 😂
Will see when they remove suspension and try to get one at least for their online offers..

Post Emperor Post Emperor
Link Copied

ordering Mobile from Tata Cliq …worst experience …

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

How and why?

View 5 more replies
Link Copied

Bought note 7 pro in March till now it is not delivered by flipkart.
Can’t cancel as they blocked account too smiley

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

How is this possible, you can raise complain for it.
This is illegal, isn’t it?
Flipkart can’t do this..

View 7 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Here are mine:
Not investing in stocks when market was down, could have doubled or tripled my money.
wasting time watching videos, and desidime and reading news,
not learning new skills, have many free courses on Udemy but not completing those.
time is most important thing, if you keep learning your earning will be so much high that these small deals doesn’t matter.
Best investment is invest upon urself. keep learn and move ahead in your job and profession.

Invest in good brand product, otherwise repair and time waste is more than original cost.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Not investing in bitcoins when it was 3lac per coin(mar 2020) at start of lockdown even having spare 2lac at time.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Lending money to a colleague two years later he doesn’t even want to talk about it. 

replyuser
Click here to reply