Minimalistic and high quality clothing brands in india?

257°
Deal Cadet
2020

Looking for high quality cotton casual wear that are minimalistic in design. I usually import Fruit Of The Loom clothes from US through friends. They are fantastic in quality but they only seem to sell inner wear here on amazon.

Any alternative clothes brand you can recommend?*

39 Comments  |  
16 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

_ I usually import Fruit Of The Loom clothes from US through friends._
Idar hoisery company se direct 100-200 ki pant shirt chal rahi hai aur aap kapde import kar rahe ho? Wah mere Bhagwan teri leela aprampaar.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
billubakra wrote:

_ I usually import Fruit Of The Loom clothes from US through friends._
Idar hoisery company se direct 100-200 ki pant shirt chal rahi hai aur aap kapde import kar rahe ho? Wah mere Bhagwan teri leela aprampaar.

I don’t import on purpose. Its when a friend comes from the US he’ll ask me what to bring, so I ask them to bring a few Fruit of The Loom t shirts as they are relatively inexpensive and high quality (around $10 – $20) or Rs. 700 – 1400. You don’t get the same quality for the same 700 here in India, at least from my experience. Hence the question.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
billubakra wrote:

_ I usually import Fruit Of The Loom clothes from US through friends._
Idar hoisery company se direct 100-200 ki pant shirt chal rahi hai aur aap kapde import kar rahe ho? Wah mere Bhagwan teri leela aprampaar.

And by the way, I wear each clothing for at least 10 years. That is because I invest in high quality fabric. The 200 shirt you’ve mentioned barely lasts 6 months so you have to spend 400 each year. 4000 for 10 years. I only spend 1500 – 2000 for one shirt and wear it for 10 years. So who is wasting more money on clothes here?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
2020 wrote:

And by the way, I wear each clothing for at least 10 years. That is because I invest in high quality fabric. The 200 shirt you’ve mentioned barely lasts 6 months so you have to spend 400 each year. 4000 for 10 years. I only spend 1500 – 2000 for one shirt and wear it for 10 years. So who is wasting more money on clothes here?

Depends on tummy growth smile in last 10 years I moved from 28 to 32 size.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
mv3qu66Da wrote:

Depends on tummy growth smile in last 10 years I moved from 38 to 42 size.

That is why I buy XXXL even though my actual size is L or XL. Not only to future proof but they are much more comfortable and free to move around..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Indian terrain, arrow sports, louis phillip, wills lifestyle seems in your price range. Further, you can import j crew, levis, Patagonia,

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
2020 wrote:

That is why I buy XXXL even though my actual size is L or XL. Not only to future proof but they are much more comfortable and free to move around..

Its a masterstroke!

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
papa_kancha wrote:

Its a masterstroke!

Nahi bahi aisi stroke ke gend sidha mars land kari. Soch rha hoon bhai ne saheli kaise sambhal kar rakhi hogi taki haath se na jaaye?

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
mv3qu66Da wrote:

Depends on tummy growth smile in last 10 years I moved from 38 to 42 size.

I’m here struck with 28-30 size from the past 10-12 years. I still wear shirts/pants bought in my engineering.

By the way @2020 my philosophy is also in similar lines, buy the quality ones and use it longer than the usual one’s

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
2020 wrote:

And by the way, I wear each clothing for at least 10 years. That is because I invest in high quality fabric. The 200 shirt you’ve mentioned barely lasts 6 months so you have to spend 400 each year. 4000 for 10 years. I only spend 1500 – 2000 for one shirt and wear it for 10 years. So who is wasting more money on clothes here?

Can you suggest which brands to buy from in India for high quality clothing?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Nahi bahi aisi stroke ke gend sidha mars land kari. Soch rha hoon bhai ne saheli kaise sambhal kar rakhi hogi taki haath se na jaaye?

Can someone translate what he’s saying? It appears as though he’s throwing temper tantrum for no real reason. 

If there is still confusion my dude,  I get them shirts for FREE, that’s because I have awesome friends.  Maybe you should try calming down and learn to think rationally so you make some good friends, too. Pissing on people for no apparent reason gets you nowhere.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
2020 wrote:

Can someone translate what he’s saying? It appears as though he’s throwing temper tantrum for no real reason. 

If there is still confusion my dude,  I get them shirts for FREE, that’s because I have awesome friends.  Maybe you should try calming down and learn to think rationally so you make some good friends, too. Pissing on people for no apparent reason gets you nowhere.

Dude chill. Try to take things on a lighter note. I was kidding when I mentioned the above comment too. Cheers and more power to you.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Dude chill. Try to take things on a lighter note. I was kidding when I mentioned the above comment too. Cheers and more power to you.

Had you typed in different language from the beginning, us southern folks could probably understand wth your humor was all about..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
a.kabeer31837 wrote:

Can you suggest which brands to buy from in India for high quality clothing?

So far I’ve found Gap and marchtees that uses high quality cotton.

I regret buying Levi’s, ucb. Woodland is ok. It looks old after couple of washes though.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
2020 wrote:

Had you typed in different language from the beginning, us southern folks could probably understand wth your humor was all about..

All language barriers end when people sit together for sharaab and shabaab.
DD get together karo sab log. (I said that there should be a DD get together)

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
billubakra wrote:

All language barriers end when people sit together for sharaab and shabaab.
DD get together karo sab log. (I said that there should be a DD get together)

“Sharaab and shabaab”
Might as well translate these from Pakistani to English?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
2020 wrote:

“Sharaab and shabaab”
Might as well translate these from Pakistani to English?

Dosa and coconut juice in south language.

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
2020 wrote:

“Sharaab and shabaab”
Might as well translate these from Pakistani to English?

Is there any language called pakistani rolleyes

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

Is there any language called pakistani rolleyes

Yes, like dakshini, uttari, amriki, etc.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

I’m here struck with 28-30 size from the past 10-12 years. I still wear shirts/pants bought in my engineering.

By the way @2020 my philosophy is also in similar lines, buy the quality ones and use it longer than the usual one’s

10 year back my waist used to be 28, but now 32.. and i have all sizes good quality jeans (20+ count) with me from 28 to 34. Thinking maybe I will loose weight or may increase. So optimistic..

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
Majestic wrote:

Yes, like dakshini, uttari, amriki, etc.

cool Seems to be informal way, since Pakistan uses mainly urdu, Punjabi, sindhi.

Which are also used by Indians

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Dosa and coconut juice in south language.

are you trying to be funny here again?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I’ve found Van Heusen athleisure clothing very good quality.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
2020 wrote:

And by the way, I wear each clothing for at least 10 years. That is because I invest in high quality fabric. The 200 shirt you’ve mentioned barely lasts 6 months so you have to spend 400 each year. 4000 for 10 years. I only spend 1500 – 2000 for one shirt and wear it for 10 years. So who is wasting more money on clothes here?

Go for Reliance clothing, they are cheap and reliable

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
2020 wrote:

Looking for high quality cotton casual wear that are minimalistic in design. I usually import Fruit Of The Loom clothes from US through friends. They are fantastic in quality but they only seem to sell inner wear here on amazon.

Any alternative clothes brand you can recommend?*

what exactly within ‘clothes’ … could have been elaborated too.
.
and some idea of the options you evaluated, chose, discarded.
.
clothes as in uppers, lowers, inners, casual, formal, suits, dailywear, occasionwear? or any specifics?

Have you or would you want to look at vertically integrated offerings from the likes of Coats Viyella 》Madura Coats 》Aditya Vikram Birla Group or of BK Birla group 》Century?
.
Having verticle integration gives better control over processes and flexibility of design and cost variation.
.
For example, besides Century cotton/ Century textile garments.. the Grasim/ ABFRL / Birla Cellulose do have the usual Van Heusen, 👌🏽Louis Philippe👌🏽 but also represent the likes of Ralph Lauren….
… but also🙂
… home brands (initiative of Birla Cellulose) like https://livaeco.com which are gung-ho on the eco-friendly bandwagon and pledge by sustainable forests/ sustainable cultivation.
.
For now i am discarding the Arvind Mills or Kasliwals ..who too have a few foreign labels under their own portfolios (Jack and Jones, Reid and Taylor, Arrow) besides their own brands.
Discarding because the value is lost when greed overshadows ethics or pride in oneself.


Grasim by Birlas, Vimal by Reliance and Raymond by Parsi bawa log😊 are usually a no brainer if opting for fabrics … to get them stitched.
Be it in shirts, trousers or blazers/suits.

.
Raymond group’s offerings like Colour Plus, Park Avenue, Raymond’s, Parx too are fine.
for terrywool formal pleated trousers; Park Avenue/ Raymonds and maybe even Van Heusen (when they offered custom measured ones under “My Fit”) were my “go to” options… with wool blend (percentage) being 30% or thereabouts.
.
now such offerings in regular fit, with pleats are either non existent or the decent wool-blend formal trousers (be it Park Avenue, Grasim, Raymonds or even Arrow/ Van Heusen) has printed prices of 7500-8000 rupees… 😏and discounts on these aren’t anything to write home about.
.
.
All these have denims too… and there are obviously local (India made) Lee and Wrangler too. with fairly okay options (at reasonable prices).
.
i am pretty sure i have once bought some Purple branded sbirts locally, but not sure if it wad the same western brand.
.
https://blackberr...om is there too.. but except for their formal jackets/blazers… i really did not find their shirrs or trousers.. any better than.. say LP or Park Avenue.
.
.
for daily wear, casuals.. some of the offerings from ITC to are not bad.. they are fine. but they too are more like Parx😒 … mostly slim fits and mostly for yuppies (young upwardly-mobile professionals).



okay now i see, @bimbasar @mehraaditya22884 @chudiya have already touched upon some of these and more… though personally i am HIGHLY critical of and would rather avoid the likes of Jockey ‘Originals’, Arrow Sports, LP Sports (Louis Philippe Sports). While Jockey’s “Originals” branded bermudas or innerwear boxers are.. as per me.. pathetic value (besides odd styling).. the ‘sports’ versions of LP Arrow VH are just murdering the core ethos and Arrow Sports might again be actually Lalbhais or Kasliwals🤢🤮 and so looting😠 even more under those brands!

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
mv3qu66Da wrote:

Depends on tummy growth smile in last 10 years I moved from 28 to 32 size.

Let me tell my tummy story.
I was almost malnourished till 2017 because of hostel food. And friends used to tease me saying that I look like brand ambassador to famine hit region.

Then came Zomato with offer of flat Rs.200 off on 400 daily twice in March 2018 and I started eating biryani, pizzas, burgers and chicken from KFC, Burger King, McD etc. I did not realize what’s happening to my tummy until one day when no trouser was fitting to me. Tried all my 20 pants and noticed that my waist size jumped from 32 to 34 in just 5 months. I went out on track pant that day and purchased two 34 sized trousers immediately. I was disappointed because all those 20 trousers were recently purchased and rarely used. Later on I joined gym in october 2018 with only 1 goal in mind i.e, “have to wear those pants at any cost and justify my purchase”, and worked out regularly for 15 days.


Then came FoodPanda with offers on Paradise Biryani worth Rs.350+ at just Rs.80 and many starters from different restaurants at just Rs.70. Dropped out of gym as laziness overtook everything. Now all shirts and T-shirts weren’t fitting as my size went up from medium to large. I kept those trousers and shirts with me hoping to reduce tummy back to 32.

Then came Faasos with their PhonePe offers like 11" pizza at Rs.120 and Rice bowls and Paratha bowls at Rs.50.

Finally gave away all my clothes to friends in Jan 2020.
Now I am on the verge of BMI scale to be declared as over weight.

Missing