mobile phone software experts plz comment

78°
Deal Subedar
0
1620
9

No Google apps in my redmi 2 no playstore no YouTube nothing . How to download.
It’s an Indian ROM ..
No browser ..
I want to download all these

8 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
  • Sort By
66
455
5

Interesting..
My first question is how did your Phone end without Google apps..
In case you are trying your hands with custom Roms.. Flash Gapps from where you downloaded your custom ROM (your custom rom dev might have suggested some Gapps) or else flash Open Gapps (https://opengapp...g/)
If you dont have any idea on what I was speaking in the above lines(I mean, you have no idea on custom ROM and stuff) then you might need to check XDA developers or MI forums there you might find people who might have faced same problems and found some ways of installing them..
But as far as I remember, all Indian ROMs from Mi have Gapps built in..
Others may suggest you better ideas in case you can answer my first que.. What has exactly happend to your Phone to end up without Gapps..

53
2091
14

Factory reset and see, coz Redmi 2 had Playstore

0
1620
9
wackophant wrote:

Interesting..
My first question is how did your Phone end without Google apps..
In case you are trying your hands with custom Roms.. Flash Gapps from where you downloaded your custom ROM (your custom rom dev might have suggested some Gapps) or else flash Open Gapps (https://opengapp...g/)
If you dont have any idea on what I was speaking in the above lines(I mean, you have no idea on custom ROM and stuff) then you might need to check XDA developers or MI forums there you might find people who might have faced same problems and found some ways of installing them..
But as far as I remember, all Indian ROMs from Mi have Gapps built in..
Others may suggest you better ideas in case you can answer my first que.. What has exactly happend to your Phone to end up without Gapps..

,
after 3 years I m using this phone .
The shopkeeper changed the screen and I think he did something in software also …..
Earlier also i was using rooted mobile ….
Iñ these years I am not in touch with software stuff so that y I need h
If nothing works I will try VMOS in this…

66
455
5
Expand
popeyemask wrote:

,
after 3 years I m using this phone .
The shopkeeper changed the screen and I think he did something in software also …..
Earlier also i was using rooted mobile ….
Iñ these years I am not in touch with software stuff so that y I need h
If nothing works I will try VMOS in this…

If you were using this phone previously, then I would suggest you to try flashing the official firmware with Mi Flash tool..
Check XDA developers and get latest and try to flash the latest firmware, if this does not work, may be Custom Rom will be a better option, if u r ok with it..

I think shopkeeper might have installed Chinese version firmware instead of Indian or global version.. (I might be wrong, but I dont find anything else)

0
1620
9
Expand
wackophant wrote:

If you were using this phone previously, then I would suggest you to try flashing the official firmware with Mi Flash tool..
Check XDA developers and get latest and try to flash the latest firmware, if this does not work, may be Custom Rom will be a better option, if u r ok with it..

I think shopkeeper might have installed Chinese version firmware instead of Indian or global version.. (I might be wrong, but I dont find anything else)

Yes region is China and cannot be changed to India or any other country…  https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/651950/medium/dd-1606587834723.jpg?1606587857

66
455
5
Expand
popeyemask wrote:

Yes region is China and cannot be changed to India or any other country…  https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/651950/medium/dd-1606587834723.jpg?1606587857

Check XDA and try to flash Indian ROM..
Hopefully everything will be Okay..
Please go through the process..

I read somewhere that Mi Phones for China(which does not come with Google Apps) are restricted to flash Indian/Global firmware.. so please make sure when you try this.

514
30718
332

Flash indian firmware via Mi Flash tool
Edit: The hard part is finding the fastboot rom as Xiaomi took down servers deliberately (post covid)

Missing