Mumbai: Powai Eatery To Pay Customer Rs10,165 Fine For Charging Service Tax, GST

85°
Deal Major
desiman

Mumbai: Powai Eatery To Pay Customer Rs10,165 Fine For Charging Service Tax, GST

On October 14, 2017, Manisha Banavalikar had visited Mini Punjab’s lakeside restaurant with her family and received a bill of Rs2,124. She was allegedly insulted when she refused to pay the service tax.

https://www.mid-day.com/articles/mumbai-powai-e...

7 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
  • Sort By
Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Why nobody charges me service tax with gst😠😠😠👿👿

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Infact lady lost the case ..As restaurant is happy to pay 10,000 whereas Manisha was asking for 5 lakh as compensation .10,000 for fighting the case add to it the botheration she might have to take ..In my view it won’t affect restaurant much in future also …as they know Indian judicary is like this only.Infact from the words of restaurant they are more than happy to pay 10,000

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Restaurant will recover 10,000 in matter of 4-5 days only by increasing the price of dishes by 30-40rs

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

They would have already earned in lakhs by charging extra service tax to customers in addition to gst.

View 1 more reply
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

plus they reuse the items left by people and again serve it smile

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I have been to this place. Will surly look in the bill next time. It is not the matter that now they will increase the price. But they were clearly found cheating/ lack of knowledge, as this happened around the time when GST was implemented.

replyuser
Click here to reply