Hot Deal Need 3 stocks: to buy-and-hold for 3+ years

646°
Deal Captain
192
7809
24

Context: https://www.desidime.com/discussions/diwali-mah...

I am looking for only medium-term (my definition: 3+ years buy and hold) stock ideas 📈
Any size (market cap). Any sector. Pls don’t suggest Idea Yes Bank type of stocks since my horizon is 1000+ days sunglasses

For diversification, asset allocation, SGB or for that matter how to invest SIP or lumpsum strategy, we can create separate thread
Of course, I will do my research before investing don’t worry won’t blame you is things do wrong stuck_out_tongue
Would like to keep 10k-15k in each stock. Overall 50k for 3 years is reasonable investment I think for my aukaat (capacity)

@goss8877 @bikidas2060 @Abhinav_Pune @amdoinggood123 feel free to tag anyone you think can contribute

Just name and short description (even can be 1 or 2 lines why you think it is worth exploring) will be great. 🙏

71 Comments  |  
27 Dimers
  • Sort By
199
6065
89

I am following sip based approach for large cap/blue chip stocks like Britannia/pidilite/reliance/Lnt/asian paints etc. And can be many other.

Pick a company whose business  you see in day to day life product so that u can understand the growth of company.

Don’t invest in one stock and at one price.

Buy stocks when they are going down because of whole market . Do In Sip form only.

Keep cash In hand so that u can buy when market goes down.

At present market is overvalued as per me . Views can differ. Wait for correction.


Don’t rely on stocks which are shared randomly.

192
7809
24
Abhinav_Pune wrote:

I am following sip based approach for large cap/blue chip stocks like Britannia/pidilite/reliance/Lnt/asian paints etc.

Hmmn so your style is all large cap quality stocks. Fair enough. ✝️ Karma given!

One very interesting company is Affle India. True technology company – not IT company which our newspapers call tech company! 😅

IPO Aug last year at 750. I applied didnt get allotment because heavily oversubscribed. Invested 10k once it listed at around 900. And due to covid it came again to these levels invested again 10k. Today price is 3,000 🥳🥂

I am looking for such multi baggers smile

338
12191
127
Expand
pingpong wrote:

Hmmn so your style is all large cap quality stocks. Fair enough. ✝️ Karma given!

One very interesting company is Affle India. True technology company – not IT company which our newspapers call tech company! 😅

IPO Aug last year at 750. I applied didnt get allotment because heavily oversubscribed. Invested 10k once it listed at around 900. And due to covid it came again to these levels invested again 10k. Today price is 3,000 🥳🥂

I am looking for such multi baggers smile

🍬🍬🍬

9
4112
31
bikidas2060 wrote:

@guest_999 @bumblefoot @SHARKTANK @mrKool_JJ @malikcool @dharmanath481 @BubbleBoyChickenLittle @adrishya
Guys help please. 🙂

Would suggest Reliance or SBI.

Reliance: cause they are the single largest company in India. Stock is bit overvalued. Can wait for correction. Buying a SIP in this wont hurt. Might go to 5k-6k in next 3-5-10 years

SBI: Largest public bank. Highly discounted at current price. Wont give u huge returns but can be a safe bet

199
6065
89
Expand
pingpong wrote:

Hmmn so your style is all large cap quality stocks. Fair enough. ✝️ Karma given!

One very interesting company is Affle India. True technology company – not IT company which our newspapers call tech company! 😅

IPO Aug last year at 750. I applied didnt get allotment because heavily oversubscribed. Invested 10k once it listed at around 900. And due to covid it came again to these levels invested again 10k. Today price is 3,000 🥳🥂

I am looking for such multi baggers smile

Finding milti bagger is really tough bro. Good luck . Do share once you finalize. Will also do some study on them

0
6795
118
bikidas2060 wrote:

@guest_999 @bumblefoot @SHARKTANK @mrKool_JJ @malikcool @dharmanath481 @BubbleBoyChickenLittle @adrishya
Guys help please. 🙂

Arre re ye mere ping pong bhai ne kya puch liya.
Aur ek baat market me 1re lagao ya 1cr har insaan k paise ka value rehta hsi so aukat ki baad ni aati kabi.
Proper news based trading karo dd pe active raho breakout script me invest karo aur majani life smile
Small cap stocks me b nazar rakna bhai sunglasses
#Happy Diwali.
#JJ and fly.
#ApkaApnaJJ smile

71
1150
12

HDFC, ICICI, RIL, Deepaknitrate, PVR, TCS, INFOSYS, BALKRISHAINDUS,

192
7809
24
Expand
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Arre re ye mere ping pong bhai ne kya puch liya.
Aur ek baat market me 1re lagao ya 1cr har insaan k paise ka value rehta hsi so aukat ki baad ni aati kabi.
Proper news based trading karo dd pe active raho breakout script me invest karo aur majani life smile
Small cap stocks me b nazar rakna bhai sunglasses
#Happy Diwali.
#JJ and fly.
#ApkaApnaJJ smile

trading is not my cup of tea ☕ bro for multiple reasons:

  • not smart
  • not quick
  • don’t have time to track
  • no temperament
    😅
192
7809
24
indianboy wrote:

HDFC, ICICI, RIL, Deepaknitrate, PVR, TCS, INFOSYS, BALKRISHAINDUS,

✝️ Karma given! can you name top 2 from your picks?

192
7809
24
Expand
Abhinav_Pune wrote:

Finding milti bagger is really tough bro. Good luck . Do share once you finalize. Will also do some study on them

Affle I plan to hold for next 3 years. So there you go sunglasses

192
7809
24
Expand
adrishya wrote:

Would suggest Reliance or SBI.

Reliance: cause they are the single largest company in India. Stock is bit overvalued. Can wait for correction. Buying a SIP in this wont hurt. Might go to 5k-6k in next 3-5-10 years

SBI: Largest public bank. Highly discounted at current price. Wont give u huge returns but can be a safe bet

✝️ Karma given. I already have 15k Reliance.
Maybe will add more when have i some extra funds 💰 maybe from next diwali bonus

52
312
2

For 5 yeaars horizon buy IDFC First bank, IOC, ITC

Do your research and invest in white consumer goods company like HAVELLS.

Also find companies having monopoly in their business with pricing power

192
7809
24
shreyu2105 wrote:

For 5 yeaars horizon buy IDFC First bank, IOC, ITC

Do your research and invest in white consumer goods company like HAVELLS

thanks bro ✝️ Karma given!
Do you have any of these? Can you suggest me 1 (max 2) out of all?

52
312
2
Expand
pingpong wrote:

thanks bro ✝️ Karma given!
Do you have any? Can you suggest me 1 max 2 out of all?

First 3 are undoubtedly best. Rest are for those who can review it time to time.
Idfc first promotor is Mr. Vadhyanathan who bought future capital from biyani @ appx 18 and took it to 90. Now it is merged with some other company.

IOC : India biggest refinery

ITC : Currently valued lower due to its cigarette business but having great value unlocking in next to 5-7 years by demerger of its other businesses.

62
1222
4

A noob question, as markets are ATH then when would you suggest a new investor who has never invested in shares before to enter the market? Start with mf’s and enter the stock world whenever there is a correction(~5-10%)?

52
312
2
billubakra wrote:

A noob question, as markets are ATH then when would you suggest a new investor who has never invested in shares before to enter the market? Start with mf’s and enter the stock world whenever there is a correction(~5-10%)?

For investors i suggest don’t time market. Start investing when ever you have surplus fund. There are many stocks are near to their 52 week low even at ATH market

199
6065
89
Expand
shreyu2105 wrote:

For investors i suggest don’t time market. Start investing when ever you have surplus fund.

No its better to invest only 5% of fund at a time and keep invest in Sip form . Or second option is to keep invest 5% capital at each 5% fall.

Dont invest all spare fund else u wont be having money to deploy in fall

154
158
7

Some good options CDSL, TATA CONSUMER, AFFELE , TATA AXTEL, HDFC AMC,  or any one of thesehttps://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/649849/medium/20201113_011307.jpg?1605340014

62
1222
4
Expand
shreyu2105 wrote:

For investors i suggest don’t time market. Start investing when ever you have surplus fund. There are many stocks are near to their 52 week low even at ATH market

A new investor will mostly go after the bluechip companies. So say RIL is under someone’s radar, what would you suggest?

338
12191
127

1. Tata Chemicals
2. Varun Beverages – Pepsi
3. Polycab- Industry leader
smile
Bonus 4
1. Kenna Metals all sort of metal works.
2. Ingersoll Rand Specialized tools
3. Siemens 5G, multi Industry specialist
4. Esab Industry leader in welding. already have given 100% since last year
(All 4 are zero debt companies, nice biz, good shareholder portion)
Risky 3
1. Hindustan Foods (contract manufacturer for HUL wink I have been telling about since last year. Already up by 70-75%)
2. ITC
3. Scheffler (nuts n bolt manufacturer)

Hyper rewarding n extremely risky bets

1. Icemake refrigerant (Clients including Coca-cola, Amul, Zydus, Alembic, redcross, alembic, alchem, vadilal, isro etc )
2. Kingfa (Renault, VW, Johnson control, Kubota, honeywell, Tafe etc)
3. Mold tek packaging (ITC, HUL, dabur, Henz, ranbaxy, asian paints, akzo nobel, BERGER, HP etc etc)

Hara Bhara Farm picks:
1. PI industry
2. BASF
3. Kaveri Seeds

Edu Tech Picks:
1. MPS (Amazon, Apple, John Hopkins, MIT, Pepsico, The world bank, IEEE etc) wink
It is a must have thing in the portfolio
2 and 3 yet to be found honestly

Investment sector Pick:
1. HDFC amc
2. CDSL
3. CAMS

Insurance Bonanza:
1. ICICI Pru
2. ICICIGI
3. HDFClife

Honorable mentions:
1. Pidilite
2. Berger Paints
3. Britannia
4. Sandhar (Automobile lock manufacturer)
5. Bajaj holdings
6. ELCID
7. Fiem India
8. NB ventures
9. LUX industries
10. Laxmi machinary
11. ATFL

I really work hard to find companies. I expect you to do the same. Mentioned companies are only 20% of my findings. Many of us might be hearing about them for the first time.
Bonus tip. Park 10-20k in zerodha and put a GTT order on ELCID.

187
405
5

ITC, Polycab, SBI or ICICI Bank

1
2193
46

I am going to buy some electric bike/cars company shares in todays diwali mahurat.

5
5430
54
Expand
adrishya wrote:

Would suggest Reliance or SBI.

Reliance: cause they are the single largest company in India. Stock is bit overvalued. Can wait for correction. Buying a SIP in this wont hurt. Might go to 5k-6k in next 3-5-10 years

SBI: Largest public bank. Highly discounted at current price. Wont give u huge returns but can be a safe bet

F*** sbi. It’s a laggard for long term shareholders. Thulla staff and reckless lending don’t and won’t make money for investors. PSBs are full of crap. If you really want to make money in banks, go with Pvt sector market leaders. Wo log paisa खैरात में नहीं देते किसी को 🤣

0
6795
118

No one’s betting for IT.Chemicals & Pharma? hushed

50
3707
43

3+ years is considered as short term in stock market from investing point of view, reliance,hdfc,bajaj capital/finance,tcs,infosys etc are some safe choices but you can also look for kotak bank,icici among others. Other than these @bikidas2060 bhai long post has more than what you asked for. smile

42
2837
57

HDFC life, aarti industries and pi industries

Missing