Good replacement for POCO F1

139°
Deal Subedar
tank_u_m8

MY 3.5 year old POCO F1 went dead yesterday, I have tried all software solutions and even tried changing battery, but there is no response from the phone.
Need a replacement for it

Budget 20 – 30k
need good processor,
camera is not a priority
No advertisements(or some way to remove them if there are any)

Suggest me some good phones which are value for money and should last a long time.
Currently considering Realme gt neo 2for 23k using card discounts.

22 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

if you haven’t bricked your phone, get battery replaced, it is just as good today

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
noobDealer wrote:

if you haven’t bricked your phone, get battery replaced, it is just as good today

Tried installing a new battery, no response, the phone is bricked.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

If you can get gt neo2 at this price, go ahead and buy

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I repair mobiles & other electronics devices. I buy dead for donor board for parts users. You can sell me your dead phone. I will try to revive that phone if you want. Ping me if you want to sell.

If you phone dead, how did you abke to flash firmware, the only option to flash firmware is by EDL  mode by opening back panel. Xiaomi locks edl & need  Mi authorization to flash software.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Mufasa wrote:

I repair mobiles & other electronics devices. I buy dead for donor board for parts users. You can sell me your dead phone. I will try to revive that phone if you want. Ping me if you want to sell.

If you phone dead, how did you abke to flash firmware, the only option to flash firmware is by EDL  mode by opening back panel. Xiaomi locks edl & need  Mi authorization to flash software.

i tried to flash but the device is not even showing in the mi flash tool.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Mufasa wrote:

I repair mobiles & other electronics devices. I buy dead for donor board for parts users. You can sell me your dead phone. I will try to revive that phone if you want. Ping me if you want to sell.

If you phone dead, how did you abke to flash firmware, the only option to flash firmware is by EDL  mode by opening back panel. Xiaomi locks edl & need  Mi authorization to flash software.

Bakarganj plus1

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied
Expand
tank_u_m8 wrote:

i tried to flash but the device is not even showing in the mi flash tool.

Over the last few months there have been multiple reports in XDA of the device being bricked? while the users were attempting to replace the battery themselves. Replacing the original battery didn’t change anything. 

I can provide a link to Xiaomi Turkey forum where they are reportedly providing free access to authorised EDL mode. I haven’t tested it myself.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
rockingneo wrote:

Bakarganj plus1

I am also from Patna, I know bakarganj, a mobile, electronics mandi. Would you like to sell your device

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

There have been reports of the PMIC in Poco X3 Pro being buggy in that if the battery falls to zero percent it will not charge again. Some speculation that it could also affect F1 as well. Did you happen to fully drain the battery? 

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Mufasa wrote:

I am also from Patna, I know bakarganj, a mobile, electronics mandi. Would you like to sell your device

No bro , I mean that also belongs to Bihar and myself having a similar shop like you. I know all EDL things..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
rockingneo wrote:

No bro , I mean that also belongs to Bihar and myself having a similar shop like you. I know all EDL things..

Ok, thanks

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
LIMBO wrote:

There have been reports of the PMIC in Poco X3 Pro being buggy in that if the battery falls to zero percent it will not charge again. Some speculation that it could also affect F1 as well. Did you happen to fully drain the battery? 

it was at 52% when it went dead.

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied
Expand
tank_u_m8 wrote:

it was at 52% when it went dead.

Looks like a degraded battery’s to blame. Mine’s still a month short of 2.5 years and battery capacity is already down to 66%.

Your device was running stock MIUI? Such cases invariably involve it. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

let me know, my poco is also close too end of life

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I got my battery replaced from Cashify. If you opt for Home Service, the cost is 1249/-.

Since I went to their store in Mira Road (Mumbai), I got a discount of 200/-. Cashify gives you discount if you opt for physical visit.

They replaced the battery in front of me. The battery seems good. I watched a movie of 2 hrs (half on mobile speakers and half on bluetooth earphones). The battery dropped from 63% to 36%

Have to drain the battery to 0% and charge it to 100% since today is the first day. Will post my review/experience after a few days

Rather than going to local shops or buying duplicate batteries online, I think Cashify seems like a better option. This is just my view, I am not associated with Cashify in any way. Posting the same comment in another thread here : 

https://www.desidime.com/discussions/suggestion...

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Review after 22 days of usage :

It takes 2.5 hrs to charge from 0 to 100%.

With a few hrs of youtube, web browsing, full day of Whatsapp, Telegram & continuous notifications from some or other app, I have 15-20% battery left. The only problem here seems the time taken for charging. I got the battery replaced twice because of the charging time of 2.5 hrs, but all of them had the same issue, so decided to keep it.

Now, its your decision to choose Cashify or not. Hope this would help someone.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
amey_dev143 wrote:

Review after 22 days of usage :

It takes 2.5 hrs to charge from 0 to 100%.

With a few hrs of youtube, web browsing, full day of Whatsapp, Telegram & continuous notifications from some or other app, I have 15-20% battery left. The only problem here seems the time taken for charging. I got the battery replaced twice because of the charging time of 2.5 hrs, but all of them had the same issue, so decided to keep it.

Now, its your decision to choose Cashify or not. Hope this would help someone.

Helpful 🙂

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

Don’t drain the battery all the way to zero as there’s speculation that the PMIC bug that affects X3 Pro could also affect F1. One F1 user seemingly confirmed the same. Calibration is only necessary if facing any issue. Otherwise 5-100% and vice-versa for the first 2-3 charging cycles is a safer option, no lower than 1% in any case. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
LIMBO wrote:

Don’t drain the battery all the way to zero as there’s speculation that the PMIC bug that affects X3 Pro could also affect F1. One F1 user seemingly confirmed the same. Calibration is only necessary if facing any issue. Otherwise 5-100% and vice-versa for the first 2-3 charging cycles is a safer option, no lower than 1% in any case. 

Yes, the 0-100% was a 1 time thing. I charge it when it reaches 15-20% 

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply