Need help buying a laptop

87°
Deal Subedar
batguy143

I have to buy a laptop for ruotine use and some video editing using Adobe Premiere Pro.

I have finalised to go for Dell.

I was looking for Dell Inspiron 5402 with 11th gen i5 processor with 8 gb RAM – Rs 60000
https://www.dell.com/en-in/shop/laptops-2-in-1-...

Recently I got a deal from some source for a 6 month used Latitude 5310 with 10th gen i7 with 16 gb RAM for Rs. 65000
https://www.dell.com/en-in/work/shop/business-l...

Can someone please guide which will be a better buy (10th gen i7 or 11th gen i5)?

13 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

You missed to mention the base speed of both processors in discussion. If I assume i5 at higher base speed, then 11th gen i5 is superior.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Dell are overpriced, buy it only if after sale support & dell brand value is the most important factors for you else any good gaming laptop from acer(nitro or predator)/lenovo(ideapad gaming 3 series)/hp(omen or gaming pavilion) having ryzen 3xxxH or better 4xxxH processor is much better.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
andromeda wrote:

You missed to mention the base speed of both processors in discussion. If I assume i5 at higher base speed, then 11th gen i5 is superior.

Ok, actually I gave the product links but somehow the links are directing to general site only.

For the 11gen i5, it is New Inspiron 14 5402 Laptop with 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.2 GHz). This one also has Intel Iris XE graphics and 8 GB 3200 MHz RAM. This is 14" screen.

For the 10th gen i7, it is New Latitude 5310 Laptop and has 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-10610U (4 Core, 8M cache, base 1.8GHz, up to 4.9GHz, vPro). This has Intel UHD 620 graphics and 16GB 2666 MHz RAM. This is 13.3" screen.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
batguy143 wrote:

Ok, actually I gave the product links but somehow the links are directing to general site only.

For the 11gen i5, it is New Inspiron 14 5402 Laptop with 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.2 GHz). This one also has Intel Iris XE graphics and 8 GB 3200 MHz RAM. This is 14" screen.

For the 10th gen i7, it is New Latitude 5310 Laptop and has 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-10610U (4 Core, 8M cache, base 1.8GHz, up to 4.9GHz, vPro). This has Intel UHD 620 graphics and 16GB 2666 MHz RAM. This is 13.3" screen.

Get a laptop with discrete graphics card n good colour gamut totting display

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Get a laptop with discrete graphics card n good colour gamut totting display

ok, can you suggest some good ones.

There’s another of Dell with same specs as i mentioned with 11th gen i5 and dedicated NVIDEA MX330 2 GB card for Rs. 68000

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Budget?

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
batguy143 wrote:

Ok, actually I gave the product links but somehow the links are directing to general site only.

For the 11gen i5, it is New Inspiron 14 5402 Laptop with 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.2 GHz). This one also has Intel Iris XE graphics and 8 GB 3200 MHz RAM. This is 14" screen.

For the 10th gen i7, it is New Latitude 5310 Laptop and has 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-10610U (4 Core, 8M cache, base 1.8GHz, up to 4.9GHz, vPro). This has Intel UHD 620 graphics and 16GB 2666 MHz RAM. This is 13.3" screen.

I got the necessary info from the model numbers you mentioned. Just wanted to bring to your attention for your better understanding.

In most aspects, I feel 11th Gen i5 is better than 10th Gen i7.

And I’m not sure of your video editing requirements if it is intermittent or continuous usage. If heavy, or if you are having an eye for detail, then a dedicated graphic card is recommended

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

I got the necessary info from the model numbers you mentioned. Just wanted to bring to your attention for your better understanding.

In most aspects, I feel 11th Gen i5 is better than 10th Gen i7.

And I’m not sure of your video editing requirements if it is intermittent or continuous usage. If heavy, or if you are having an eye for detail, then a dedicated graphic card is recommended

Ok, so as per your recommendation , even if both are at almost same price, it will be better to go with the 11th gen i5 and preferably with a dedicated graphics card….right?

There’s another of Dell with same specs as i mentioned with 11th gen i5 and dedicated NVIDEA MX330 2 GB card for Rs. 68000. I think I’ll go with that one then.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
batguy143 wrote:

Ok, so as per your recommendation , even if both are at almost same price, it will be better to go with the 11th gen i5 and preferably with a dedicated graphics card….right?

There’s another of Dell with same specs as i mentioned with 11th gen i5 and dedicated NVIDEA MX330 2 GB card for Rs. 68000. I think I’ll go with that one then.

Go with 1650 or 1650ti. They come under your budget

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I don’t want to recommend laptops of any particular brands/ model. Just check what’s primary priorities & budget that you expect with laptop to perform. You go after a brands like dell, HP or any brands, each brand has market value & they charged excess for brand value. In case of dell laptop you pay extra dell brand when the laptops having same specs can be purchased in less price of other brands. Brands matter in terms of after sale support, some patented design/ technology, that only dell can provide etc, but these things not gonna make laptop to perform faster. For editing, make sure laptop must have a dedicated Graphics card for smooth rendering of videos editing & RAM should be at least 8GB & 250GB SSD. Always check in some laptops RAM is permanently soldered & no expandable option is allowed, avoid such laptops.
If you buy in DOS mode it would be cheaper than pre install windows. You can buy window 10 pro & Office OEM key in less than 10$ online. If you need. PM me.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Intel i5 11th gen iGPU is on par with  Nvidia MX330 in laptops. If you care about GPU this one has a definite advantage.

If you don’t care about GPU consider 4th/5th Gen Ryzen series.

Also the iGPU of ryzen (vega 8) beats Intel’s 10th gen iGPU

Missing